Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Angela

      Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

      General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

      Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

      Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

      What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.
       
Sign in to follow this  
State of the Game

FYE Festival Canceled

Recommended Posts

GURL ........ is this 2015 again? Bitch I told 2015 to kick rocks yet here she is got Ms. 2018 shook -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those dates were removed from Janet's website quick!  Not a good look that sales are being blamed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

GURL ........ is this 2015 again? Bitch I told 2015 to kick rocks yet here she is got Ms. 2018 shook -_-

But you can't blame her this time. I think the problem was that the founder was going through some sexual assault/harassment allegations hence the festival struggling. Hopefully Janet can just book another date.

Also, if you think her demand or lack thereof is an issue, you can also see how the other festivals are shaping up. Essence is probably gonna be OK though.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever it is having not began touring yet the headlines are spreading "due to poor ticket sales" just Google FYF fest :coffee: Oh God the Twitter comments :sigh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Illi said:

But you can't blame her this time. I think the problem was that the founder was going through some sexual assault/harassment allegations hence the festival struggling. Hopefully Janet can just book another date.

Also, if you think her demand or lack thereof is an issue, you can also see how the other festivals are shaping up. Essence is probably gonna be OK though.

Completely different demo.

But I’m sure a lot factored into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J. said:

Completely different demo.

But I’m sure a lot factored into it.

That's my point. That's her main demo and she performed there already, so nothing won't likely really happen there outside of her control.

I just don't want Janet taking heat from the fallout if it isn't warranted, but most articles I've read haven't really emphasized her being a major part of the festival.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Illi said:

That's my point. That's her main demo and she performed there already, so nothing won't likely really happen there outside of her control.

I just don't want Janet taking heat from the fallout if it isn't warranted, but most articles I've read haven't really emphasized her being a major part of the festival.

She was the headline 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, State of the Game said:

She was the headline 

I was saying that the articles didn't really emphasize that. But like I said, you can look how that other festivals are shaping up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read Twitter, enough  ad nasuem and the people are blaming the lineup and also Janet, they are saying she was popular decades ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

She was the headline 

Co-headliner. Janet did one night, Florence and the Machine did the other. The fact that the whole festival was canceled proves it wasn’t because of Janet because this crowd is definitely Florence and the Machine’s demo, so the fact that sales were still low speaks volumes. You wouldn’t cancel two nights and dozens of other artists performing because of one artist. There are tons of festivals this summer. More than usual. So low sales combined with over saturation sounds valid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Black Eagle said:

Co-headliner. Janet did one night, Florence and the Machine did the other. The fact that the whole festival was canceled proves it wasn’t because of Janet because this crowd is definitely Florence and the Machine’s demo, so the fact that sales were still low speaks volumes. You wouldn’t cancel two nights and dozens of other artists performing because of one artist. There are tons of festivals this summer. More than usual. So low sales combined with over saturation sounds valid.

they also spoke on the fact that the lineup was female heavy, and you're right the kids are saving their coins for bigger festivals like Cochella and Lalapolloza or however the hell those are spelled -_-....however moving on I will say this, it disheartens me how readily the kids dismiss someone as great as Janet. Janet is underrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that big of a deal. Moving along...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely wouldn't have been solely because of Janet.  But as the article mentions, they happened to have lined up several acts that already have full performance schedules for the summer.  

And just in case anyone else forgot... FYF is in LA.  Who better to headline an LA festival than Janet Jackson? 

When was the last time a performance she gave in LA did NOT sell out???  A quick clue... it hasn't happened this decade.  

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/janet-jackson-sells-out-gibson-amphitheatre-in-less-than-10-minutes-additional-date-added.html  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Outside Lands festival in SF, the headliner are also Florence & The Machine (on Saturday) and Janet (on Sunday). yes The Weeknd is also heralding the opening night (Friday). I want to go to this show but only to see Janet on Sunday.. but they’re only selling 3-day passes for almost $400 EACH PERSON! My wife and daughter would go with me but no way in hell we will spend $1200 to see one 2-hour Janet concert! If and when they open up the 1-day ticket sales then I will most likely do that.. 

hopefully The Weeknd is helping them push tickets more than the FYF Fest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dal said:

For the Outside Lands festival in SF, the headliner are also Florence & The Machine (on Saturday) and Janet (on Sunday). yes The Weeknd is also heralding the opening night (Friday). I want to go to this show but only to see Janet on Sunday.. but they’re only selling 3-day passes for almost $400 EACH PERSON! My wife and daughter would go with me but no way in hell we will spend $1200 to see one 2-hour Janet concert! If and when they open up the 1-day ticket sales then I will most likely do that.. 

hopefully The Weeknd is helping them push tickets more than the FYF Fest

I read that same complaint over FYF the tickets were 285 for the entire gig and people werent as stoked over the lineup they want bands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Whatever it is having not began touring yet the headlines are spreading "due to poor ticket sales" just Google FYF fest :coffee: Oh God the Twitter comments :sigh:

Baby the Bey fans are eating this up and dragging Janet all over social media smdh. Of course i'm defending her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dal said:

For the Outside Lands festival in SF, the headliner are also Florence & The Machine (on Saturday) and Janet (on Sunday). yes The Weeknd is also heralding the opening night (Friday). I want to go to this show but only to see Janet on Sunday.. but they’re only selling 3-day passes for almost $400 EACH PERSON! My wife and daughter would go with me but no way in hell we will spend $1200 to see one 2-hour Janet concert! If and when they open up the 1-day ticket sales then I will most likely do that.. 

hopefully The Weeknd is helping them push tickets more than the FYF Fest

I emailed them about this and told them I only wanna see Janet. This is the email.

 
  • witchuj <witchuj@yahoo.com>
    To:info@sfoutsidelands.com
    Apr 21 at 11:57 AM
    I only want a ticket to see Janet Jackson on sunday but I can't find that option on your site. I don't wanna pay for 3 day passes when I won't be in SF for 3 days. Your site only offers 3 day passes.
     
     
  • Outside Lands <info@sfoutsidelands.com>
    To:witchuj@yahoo.com
    Apr 23 at 12:32 PM
    Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply
    witchuj
    Subject: tickets

    APR 23, 2018  |  12:31PM PDT 
    Customer Service replied:
    Hi,

    Thanks for contacting the Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival! 

    As of now, only three-day tickets to the festival are available. Single day tickets may be released at a later date—based on availability. Stay tuned at: www.sfoutsidelands.com for updates and announcements.

    Please let us know if you have any further questions.

    Best,
    Ranger Dave - 
    Outside Lands Music Festival 
    Golden Gate Park // San Francisco, CA 
    info@sfoutsidelands.com // www.sfoutsidelands.com
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Baby the Bey fans are eating this up and dragging Janet all over social media smdh. Of course i'm defending her.

Don't argue on social media. Especially with them. Save your time and energy boo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont care about this anymore, it is what it is, I didnt know most of the lineup anyway. Now if Beyonce fans feel the need to sting they might want to check their receipts Janet was here before Beyonce and remains here after, what Janet did was lay down a blue print of how to do it and how to do it right, a blue print followed by others including Beyonce who herself credits Janet. Janet herself said "you can't stay up up up forever" in other words give it a decade or less and some other Black female artist will be bigger than Beyonce

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×