HOLY SHIT: CONFIRMED: Janet Will Receive BMA ICON Award

from USA Today 

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson's icon status is being confirmed at the Billboard Awards.

The superstar is set to get the Billboard Icon Award at the May 20 ceremony in Las Vegas, hosted by Kelly Clarkson. She'll also reward fans with a performance on the live telecast, her first televised performance in nine years.

Past award recipients include Prince, Stevie Wonder, Cher, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez.

Jackson has been a dominant force on the Billboard charts for decades, thanks to hits including That's The Way Love GoesI Get Lonely and All for You. The multiplatinum superstar will kick off another leg of her State of the World Tour in July.

any thoughts on the performance? Old songs, new songs, medley? (I love a good medley, I used to like it when artists would include a medley or megamix on singles)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Amy said:

from USA Today 

NEW YORK — Janet Jackson's icon status is being confirmed at the Billboard Awards.

The superstar is set to get the Billboard Icon Award at the May 20 ceremony in Las Vegas, hosted by Kelly Clarkson. She'll also reward fans with a performance on the live telecast, her first televised performance in nine years.

Past award recipients include Prince, Stevie Wonder, Cher, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez.

Jackson has been a dominant force on the Billboard charts for decades, thanks to hits including That's The Way Love GoesI Get Lonely and All for You. The multiplatinum superstar will kick off another leg of her State of the World Tour in July.

any thoughts on the performance? Old songs, new songs, medley? (I love a good medley, I used to like it when artists would include a medley or megamix on singles)

I have 1 wish and 1 wish only.... leave GIL at home giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Sorry to burst ya bubble but Gil is obviously still and will always be Creative Director. Sorry, Not Sorry

Are you always sassy..for no reason?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Horny Braxton said:

COADF is really when I became a Madonna stan. It was brilliant and the tour was brilliant. -_- She also needs to call up Stuart Price tbh he was the main collaborator on Confessions. I'm here for her being reductive because her past was so damn good. -_- 

Throughout her career Madonna has always been hit or miss, but I've remained a fan because she knows how to keep the conversation going, and when the time for her to perform comes, she brings it (however you define what "it" is that she actually does).  Ray Of Light and COADF stay in my collection.  

But anyway... 

SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!  The Q-U-E-E-N returns to television for an epic performance, just before her Summer Tour!!!!  

I am beyond excited for the show and for any other big announcements that may be coming (Europe tour, doc, new music, etc.).  Whatever it is, I am READY!!