HOLY SHIT: CONFIRMED: Janet Will Receive BMA ICON Award

1 hour ago, Khalil said:

Madonna Stans are so mad on Twitter I’m loving it and I’m also dragging some them that just say stupid shit for no reason

Wtf they mad for? Madonna is always getting her props.  Whereas Janet not so much. I'm glad to see her get her flowers while she is alive. 

• Upvote 4

I really think its a shame Janet has to put in so much work to show these kids she's in the same level as Prince, Michael, and Madonna.....I think its very telling that given that teaser no one could tell the difference between whether it was Madonna or Janet .....think about it

I'm very happy that I was wrong! I'm hoping we get a nice stage outfit, new choreo, new wig and makeup. I haven't watched an award show in years. I'm very excited.

I'm thinking she'll do a medley of hits, but I'm hoping she includes some of the lesser known songs. What do you guys want her to perform?

8 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

So Missy will present her with the award? :unsure: or will they try to get someone more current like Teyana Stan Taylor? or somebody legendary like her cousin Stevie Wonder?...this is all to much to process :rolleyes:

who would you pick? :unsure:

Just now, Blackwings said:

People love to underrate Janet, and it'd be great for the biggest entertainer of this generation to sing her praises.

I kinda have the feeling that game recognizes game and Beyonce aint here for it ...Id be surprised as hell

lol Why would anyone think Beyonce wouldn't be here to present to Janet? smh No matter how big that girl gets, she has always shown love and much respect to those that came before her and she still mentions Janet! 

Britney? No, like it would've been cute if it was 2002 

Teyana Taylor would be nice, love her 

Rihanna? Would be lovely..

I personally want it to be either Beyonce or Rihanna. One of the most successful black females of today. 

• Upvote 1

I'm so glad she's back to being on television. These days media is what keeps everything going and if you don't want your legacy to fall to the wayside you have to do something for the media. I'm so happy!!! :)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I really think its a shame Janet has to put in so much work to show these kids she's in the same level as Prince, Michael, and Madonna.....I think its very telling that given that teaser no one could tell the difference between whether it was Madonna or Janet .....think about it

She’s miles ahead of Prince and her brother and no one check for them until they died.