HOLY SHIT: CONFIRMED: Janet Will Receive BMA ICON Award

On 5/14/2018 at 3:55 AM, Voodoo said:

I'm thinking it's not Missy considering her and P Diddy presented Janet with the Billboard Artist Achievement Award back in 2001 :unsure: which was basically the ICON award of that time :wacko:

Chile...

Jennifer Lopez is supposed to be there, right? I could see her maybe presenting Janet with the award.. especially since we're at the exact 25th anniversary (how is that even possible?!?!?) date of "That's The Way Love Goes" being #1,

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

I love the two different fonts

Does it matter who the backup dancers are? With all due respect, Janet is rehearsing and that’s all that matters 

*sigh* does anything truly matter Norman ? If we can’t ponder on this forum then what good is it to have a forum.. just don’t reply next time ??‍♂️ 

• Upvote 2

I dont know if JLo is cool with Janet like that, meaning I dont hear JLo speak about Janet being a start to her career the same way Jenna and the other gals.....It could be cool but if they're saying wait until you see who it is, Im thinking that gonna blow us away

I'm not expecting nothing to blow me away cus at this point Gil being her creative director...let's juss say..the "creative" part has not been present in Janet's latest performances ..he does not push her creativity at all...as in taking her performances to another level. Lets be REAL... The type of skills and showmanship an artist like Janet has should not have forgettable performances ie 2009 AMAs

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

I'm not expecting nothing to blow me away cus at this point Gil being her creative director...let's juss say..the "creative" part has not been present in Janet's latest performances ..he does not push her creativity at all...as in taking her performances to another level. Lets be REAL... The type of skills and showmanship an artist like Janet has should not have forgettable performances ie 2009 AMAs

I suppose thats the best way for fans to handle it, its just hard when you know she can do bigger and better. Im not opposed to Gil, I just think having some other creative input to consider would be good....and please no 2009 AMA that outfit, that "industry" crowd it just didnt hit

Gil trumps the "he's not that creative" argument because of SOTWT which by all accounts he gets most of the credit for her doing a ton of things on this tour she's never done, also the last TV appearance of her's was directed by him, and that was Idol....so my expectations are high in terms of this performance. Don't know what she'll do but if she & Gil keepin up with what they been doin on this tour, I'm ready for slayage :coffee: 

4 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I suppose thats the best way for fans to handle it, its just hard when you know she can do bigger and better. Im not opposed to Gil, I just think having some other creative input to consider would be good....and please no 2009 AMA that outfit, that "industry" crowd it just didnt hit

Wow. This is one time I completely 100% agree with you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Gil trumps the "he's not that creative" argument because of SOTWT which by all accounts he gets most of the credit for her doing a ton of things on this tour she's never done, also the last TV appearance of her's was directed by him, and that was Idol....so my expectations are high in terms of this performance. Don't know what she'll do but if she & Gil keepin up with what they been doin on this tour, I'm ready for slayage :coffee: 

All he did "creative" was suggest to Janet to do some of her non singles, if that falls under the umbrella of "creative" I guess..... which was great for the fans. I'm not knocking SOTW TOUR but it was stripped down compared to her other tours, so to call it "creative" is reaching, extremely. Gil is not that innovative at all. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

I think there are bigger things to ponder than “guess the dancers”

Who died and made you the ponder police? And who give af about what you think ijs

• Upvote 1

I guess I got Norman to finally stfu

...he’s prolly crying to his cat right meow ?

ANYWAYS... I think it’ll be all the SOTW adult dancers but hopefully she has more than just the 8 (?) of them, just so it can be more of a spectacle on stage...but either way it’ll surely be a performance to remember!

1 hour ago, Dal said:

I guess I got Norman to finally stfu

...he’s prolly crying to his cat right meow ?

ANYWAYS... I think it’ll be all the SOTW adult dancers but hopefully she has more than just the 8 (?) of them, just so it can be more of a spectacle on stage...but either way it’ll surely be a performance to remember!

I literally said “I don’t suffer from depression” in the post :lmao::lmao: 

7 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

I literally said “I don’t suffer from depression” in the post :lmao::lmao: 

You said you “don’t think” and I read it as there’s clearly something wrong with you if you’re batting 2-day-long mood swings.. you’re prolly bipolar which can be linked to depression.. not that depression or any type of mental illness is a situation to be taken lightly, but since you get off on inserting your dumbass 2-cents where it’s not needed, I needed to call your ass out.. go make friends

18 hours ago, kaeh1213 said:

Jennifer Lopez is supposed to be there, right? I could see her maybe presenting Janet with the award.. especially since we're at the exact 25th anniversary (how is that even possible?!?!?) date of "That's The Way Love Goes" being #1,

Knowing NBC, it might be JLO and Jenna Dewan just to promote that tired ass dance show :rolleyes:...that would be cute tho