New songs + Dammn Baby for BBMA?

janet.1814

I think a show about Billboard Charts will feature a performance of songs that charted extremely well on said charts. :unsure:

It should be something like her AMA performance but with better dancers, better transitions, better make-up, better music, a better outfit, maybe better hair? and a Janet that is in better shape. She is really about to eat that stage up

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I think a show about Billboard Charts will feature a performance of songs that charted extremely well on said charts. :unsure:

It should be something like her AMA performance but with better dancers, better transitions, better make-up, better music, a better outfit, maybe better hair? and a Janet that is in better shape. She is really about to eat that stage up

16 hours ago, Voodoo said:

I understand where ur coming from, but after coming off of the AMAs promoting her #1s album, then that tour, then going into Unbreakable your, with pretty much the same songs.... u don’t think Janet is tired of doing some of this hits? Even if the songs haven’t charted well, I think it would be refreshing to see something new performed. 

Plus is I wonder if there will be a tribute performance to her ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

I understand where ur coming from, but after coming off of the AMAs promoting her #1s album, then that tour, then going into Unbreakable your, with pretty much the same songs.... u don’t think Janet is tired of doing some of this hits? Even if the songs haven’t charted well, I think it would be refreshing to see something new performed. 

She’s been doing them for 30 years though. I mean the sis ignored Europe again but I know she modified the hits to incorporate current songs such as Bodak Yellow etc. She can do stuff like that to keep things exciting. Imagine Escapade with a Finesse interpolation :excited:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janet.1814 said:

That AMA performance was NINE years ago. Songs can be executed different sonically with different transitions and different choreography...with all of that you can have a fresh, new performance. 

No :rolleyes:...you can look up past recipients who got the award for any questions and concerns you have. Of course Janet will be much different but it should give you an idea about what's about to happen. Don't overthink this...you will be setting yourself up to be disappointed and if that means I have to crush your delusional dreams/ideas right now...I can live with that.-_-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

That AMA performance was NINE years ago. Songs can be executed different sonically with different transitions and different choreography...with all of that you can have a fresh, new performance. 

No :rolleyes:...you can look up past recipients who got the award for any questions and concerns you have. Of course Janet will be much different but it should give you an idea about what's about to happen. Don't overthink this...you will be setting yourself up to be disappointed and if that means I have to crush your delusional dreams/ideas right now...I can live with that.-_-

Songs can be executed differently, but it’s still the same song ? 

I don’t have any expectations for this performance, I know Janet will slay (per usual), but being that she’s been keeping us on our toes lately, and giving us what we want, I have a feeling something diff will be happening 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DarkStormSC said:

I’d love a new song to drop this Friday with Sunday’s performance being a mix of TTWLG, MYM, or another of her longer charting hits into the new song. 

I was wondering if she’d drop a song on Friday, I would love her to, but I’m not holding my breath. 

This is just from a fuzzy memory from randomly watching last year's BBMAs, but I feel like when Cher performed in conjunction with receiving the same award, she did a big medley of hits with costume changes and everything.

I can't imagine Janet will do much a costume change (other than, like taking off a jacket or something haha) throughout the performance. It'll def be a medley of hits (duh), but I hope it's a little more streamlined than instead of packing in snippets of as many songs as possible.

I could see her focusing on State of the World/The Knowledge/RN, b/c the first two are so strong on the tour. And if she has a new song to debut (PLEASE GOD), I wouldn't be surprised if it was dance song with some sort of social justice theme, and it would be right at home in this medley and the SOTW tour era. But I feel like a new song should've/would've been released by now?

Or, b/c the awards show is right on the heals of the janet.25 anniversary, it could be cool to see her honor/channel that era with a janet. album medley. 

These are just random thoughts/guesses that I've been overthinking about because I'm SO EXCITED. It'll prob just be a medley of her career-defining hits. Honestly, I'm just so happy to see her perform on TV, anything she does for this will be fine by me.

1 minute ago, bu. said:

If anything it should be Whoops Now

@TwistedElegance™ just opened his computer, and is formulating a very nasty opinion as the computer boots.

Just now, State of the Game said:

RIGHT!!! It’s been three years since Unbreakable. While the album is still amazing, it should not even celebrated 

You need to be stopped :lmao: 

But just like, of all songs, given the circumstances of the award. :umm: 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

@TwistedElegance™ just opened his computer, and is formulating a very nasty opinion as the computer boots.

But just like, of all songs, given the circumstances of the award. :umm: 

RIGHT?! It should be Whoops Now, SloLove, Weekend & JAWL 

then she can retire

NOTHING from Unbreakable pls. From a fan perspective it's cute, but from a gp perspective, it always feels desperate when a Legend does a hits medley, and then squeeze in a song off their last album (that wasn't a hit) and released years before. 

I want a nice lil medley, I'd LOVE even if she didn't do multiples if she did just Rhythm Nation.......neither of the tributes that were given to her where that song was performed really brought it the way she BRINGS it. But I have NO expectations except to be SLAYED.

image.gif.a9b2adc50f60ca484e8e916ff04fce24.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bailey. said:

Im kinda feeling like some of you and Ive said it before those hit songs of hers she's done them so many times what's different now? I want her to slay and give us life but I also think we set ourselves up to be disappointed

Exactly, the GP already knows Janet’s hits, that she’s been shoving down the country’s throat with her tour, and with her last televised performance being a GH medley, it would seem as if nothing has changed in her career in 9yrs. While she hadn’t had a huge chart smash, performing non hits wouldn’t even matter at this point.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bailey. said:

Im kinda feeling like some of you and Ive said it before those hit songs of hers she's done them so many times what's different now? I want her to slay and give us life but I also think we set ourselves up to be disappointed

No disappointment at all. She’s gonna perform her hits regardless.

I’ll be lowkey upset if she doesn’t release new music