New songs + Dammn Baby for BBMA?

janet.1814

47 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

Exactly, the GP already knows Janet’s hits, that she’s been shoving down the country’s throat with her tour, and with her last televised performance being a GH medley, it would seem as if nothing has changed in her career in 9yrs. While she hadn’t had a huge chart smash, performing non hits wouldn’t even matter at this point.  

I agree but at this point Im thinking presentation and showmanship.....dazzle us my dear -_-

• Upvote 1

The GP knows the hits but the GP hasn't seen her perform them on live TV in 8yrs, it's not like she was on these shows doing this when Unbreakable was out.

Yes, it's the perfect opportunity to unleash a brand new slayage (All For You Icon performance style) but a medley is a good boost for the gp/casual fans, hell look at how she's been doing the hits on her tour new choreography, new breaks & breakdowns. Let's not acting like a Medley is gonna be like it was on the AMA's or XFactor in 09, hell think about the slaying of that Idol performance too, and how positively the public responded. 

• Upvote 5

On 5/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, jarrylf said:

The GP knows the hits but the GP hasn't seen her perform them on live TV in 8yrs, it's not like she was on these shows doing this when Unbreakable was out.

Yes, it's the perfect opportunity to unleash a brand new slayage (All For You Icon performance style) but a medley is a good boost for the gp/casual fans, hell look at how she's been doing the hits on her tour new choreography, new breaks & breakdowns. Let's not acting like a Medley is gonna be like it was on the AMA's or XFactor in 09, hell think about the slaying of that Idol performance too, and how positively the public responded. 

I hope you're right

Maybe I'm in a minority here but I'm honestly just excited to see Janet back on primetime tv and on a major network at that. I'm just not understanding these questions and concerns as if this happens every other year. 

But have at it...:blink:

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Maybe I'm in a minority here but I'm honestly just excited to see Janet back on primetime tv and on a major network at that. I'm just not understanding these questions and concerns as if this happens every other year. 

that's just it all the more reason for her to sllllaaaaaayyyyy !  I miss the witty funny you you've not had any commentary that moved my soul -_-  Shall I ask my mama for the telephone number of the voodoo guy? :unsure: I've met him before he's clearly gay and his wig be kinda tilted :unsure: but he be on his shit I guess :filenails:

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

She’s gonna sing ballads. Get over it people #LowerThatExpectation

she gotta slay, leave them ballads for the tour :coffee: she gotta get the crowd hype and on their feet, she gotta get the people talking :excited:

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Same, just how I felt about her BET acceptance, all I need to do is see her walk on a stage, and what I want & what I need are different lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bailey. said:

that's just it all the more reason for her to sllllaaaaaayyyyy !  I miss the witty funny you you've not had any commentary that moved my soul -_-  Shall I ask my mama for the telephone number of the voodoo guy? :unsure: I've met him before he's clearly gay and his wig be kinda tilted :unsure: but he be on his shit I guess :filenails:

You clearly got my Paris Jackson slap commentary a few posts back...that was lukewarm witty. :rolleyes:

But I understand what your saying. -_- Sometimes I feel like the Melania Trump of this forum, so fierce yet so misunderstood..so what I had to read a bitch down boots, so I've may have thrown shade here and there and destroyed self esteems in the process...ARENT I A HUMAN BEING!!!...Don't I yearn and ache and worthy of Janet's miracles...Don't I deserve love...and unbreakable diamonds -_-

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

You clearly got my Paris Jackson slap commentary a few posts back...that was lukewarm witty. :rolleyes:

But I understand what your saying. -_- Sometimes I feel like the Melania Trump of this forum, so fierce yet so misunderstood..so what I had to read a bitch down boots, so I've may have thrown shade here and there and destroyed self esteems in the process...ARENT I A HUMAN BEING!!!...Don't I yearn and ache and worthy of Janet's miracles...Don't I deserve love...and unbreakable diamonds -_-

I got lukewarm tenor.gif?itemid=5315302

Y’all speaking like true stans wanting new songs and obscure songs.  Ain’t gonna happen, nor should it.  This will be a hits performance.  I think there will be a big focus on RN and SOTW, though, because of the...state of the world.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJATL said:

Y’all speaking like true stans wanting new songs and obscure songs.  Ain’t gonna happen, nor should it.  This will be a hits performance.  I think there will be a big focus on RN and SOTW, though, because of the...state of the world.    

She’s not performing SOTW on live tv.. that’s so far fetched 

38 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

She’s not performing SOTW on live tv.. that’s so far fetched 

I would be surprised if the call-and-response part of "The Knowledge" (Prejudice? NO!) isn't part of this performance. It'd also be fun to see which artists in the audience really get into it. haha

22 minutes ago, kaeh1213 said:

I would be surprised if the call-and-response part of "The Knowledge" (Prejudice? NO!) isn't part of this performance. It'd also be fun to see which artists in the audience really get into it. haha

She’s not performing Non-singles from the past ??‍♂️ So you don’t have to worry

On 5/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, janet.1814 said:

I understand where ur coming from, but after coming off of the AMAs promoting her #1s album, then that tour, then going into Unbreakable your, with pretty much the same songs.... u don’t think Janet is tired of doing some of this hits? Even if the songs haven’t charted well, I think it would be refreshing to see something new performed. 

Plus is I wonder if there will be a tribute performance to her ?

The only reason I'm thinking Dammn Baby is because of the dancers.  Keep in mind that Janet isn't just doing this for her... she's doing it for them too.  Dammn Baby is THEIR choreo, the stuff they created that doesn't exist in any other Janet era.  For that reason alone I see it as a possibility for the performance.  

But of course new tracks would be the same and would be awesome as well.  

Honestly tho, I am seriously so pumped for this performance.  We all have our issues with Billboard and their failing memories of the charts, but one thing they have done well recently is this awards show.  The love and respect they showed for Cher last year was epic, and classy adverts even before Janet's big night have me sold on the BBMAs.  Really looking forward to it.  

Ya know what?! I'd DIE for a RWY performance with the original choreography -_- 

Something like this but with a good outfit, good stage and good wig

But it's still gil so we'll have her run around the stage with some lightnings behind her and call it a performance like at the AMA 2009 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1