Serious topic

Aquaria

1 hour ago, Horny Braxton said:

Yes that's true for me also. Starting seems to be the hardest part. For me today it was doing laundry, I'd been putting it off and for some reason it just seemed so daunting. I know it's a small thing but tonight I finally got up and did it and I feel so much better. 

CHILD, do you know what....with this last thing, re-arranging & organizing my closet & book shelves (which I've been putting off for like 2 yrs) was like a good start to making it better, like it gave me something to be really satisfied with and distract my attention and got me on the road to being bak on track like I am right now. So yea that's exactly it, no matter how big or how small, 1 thing minimum, anything that will distract and satisfy, theres no too small or too big

I'm realizing even telling you (and everyone) about this that how I treated things in my closet & shelves like I treated most things in my life that come my way "just put it some where, I'll sort it out later"....and later took a long time to come.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:47 PM, Horny Braxton said:

Sometimes I struggle with depression. I think most of us probably do. What helps you through it? 

I wanted to make this thread because I have a tendency to isolate myself when I’m feeling bad and that can be kind of suffocating. I think talking about things helps and I wanted to create a thread where we can check in on our mental health and provide support to each other.

I know we joke a lot on this board, but I hope everyone (if anyone does need help) is respectful. 

how old are you and do you have some close friends that you hang out with? I used to go through depression during my teenage years. Once I started being more social and appreciating life I'm usually happy and in a good mood all the time. I've literally had people tell me in person and people on facebook message me telling me I seem happy and joyful all the time. Although i'm single and live alone, hanging out with friends during my time off definitely helps keep me happy. Even if we aren't hanging out we're still communicating whether it be by text, phone call, video chat, or whatever. Spending time alone too much is definitely a gateway to depression.

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

how old are you and do you have some close friends that you hang out with? I used to go through depression during my teenage years. Once I started being more social and appreciating life I'm usually happy and in a good mood all the time. I've literally had people tell me in person and people on facebook message me telling me I seem happy and joyful all the time. Although i'm single and live alone, hanging out with friends during my time off definitely helps keep me happy. Even if we aren't hanging out we're still communicating whether it be by text, phone call, video chat, or whatever. Spending time alone too much is definitely a gateway to depression.

thats cool but some of us are introverts and we dont mix well with too many people ....I mean its great you can and you're happy

I'm a extraverted introvert. I love people, I love talking to people, and hanging with people, but it can be VERY draining for me personally. I've realized that it's the weirdest inconsistent thing about my moodiness, if I'm away from my friends & fam that I love for like days on in I long for seeing them & hanging with them again as if it's been a decade, but then after maybe a good hour, I'm REALLY ready to be alone again. It's weird, and I love that I let people know this about me when we're getting to know each other (like if you see me at a party and I excuse myself to stand in a area alone.....I'm fine...I'm just taking a breather from it all) and most understand that even though most arent that way, I know a good few that are the same way. But yea I say all that to say for me I've found both being with people and shutting myself away both can sometimes be helpful and can sometimes solve NOTHING lol. It all starts from within....nurturing the spiritual garden a lil... otherwise me with others is just a distraction whilst the darkness waits for everyone to go home or for me to be alone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

depression is more deep I think, for myself its not leaving the apartment, not engaging others drinking often ...depression is a dark place that to me it feels like crawling out of a hole when you can muster the energy to bother getting up and actually doing it

shoot maybe I am depressed cuz its been like that recently

8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

oh God my ex is never going to change and haven't seen him since Feb. I knew that was going to end. Now back to you...you have to find some healthy way of dealing with things that set you off

its not the meth guy is it?

7 hours ago, vibeology said:

its not the meth guy is it?

Oh God no, I was not interested in him like that he was a hype, I mean everything to him was a party Im nowhere near that so we just stopped talking altogether no fight nothing we stopped talking within a month Nov. 1 was the last time we spoke. I was speaking about my ex that contacted me after 8 years

• 2 weeks later...

this is such a touchy subject and I kinda took over the damn thread with my no-multi quote using ass :sigh:  anyway everyone here should know I truly have the best intentions, or try anyway.

So here it is another holiday and my family isn't together. Im down about a few things in my life, and I dont want to be. The best thing I have going is my brain, I tend to be able to figure out solutions to problems when I focus on them. However what I came here for is to hopefully encourage the use of this thread as the OP made a very sincere topic that I think a few of us or more could use ...right now I have thoughts, like Avicci took his life with broken glass, I dont think I'd make it through the cutting. Im off my depressant meds because one doctor gave me 100mg to take an no refills, another gave me 25mg with refills, and im out of meds now I've been keeping to the 100mg, but my sex drive is returning I been having some naughty dreams :shifty:

On 5/28/2018 at 4:51 PM, Bailey. said:

this is such a touchy subject and I kinda took over the damn thread with my no-multi quote using ass :sigh:  anyway everyone here should know I truly have the best intentions, or try anyway.

So here it is another holiday and my family isn't together. Im down about a few things in my life, and I dont want to be. The best thing I have going is my brain, I tend to be able to figure out solutions to problems when I focus on them. However what I came here for is to hopefully encourage the use of this thread as the OP made a very sincere topic that I think a few of us or more could use ...right now I have thoughts, like Avicci took his life with broken glass, I dont think I'd make it through the cutting. Im off my depressant meds because one doctor gave me 100mg to take an no refills, another gave me 25mg with refills, and im out of meds now I've been keeping to the 100mg, but my sex drive is returning I been having some naughty dreams :shifty:

I hope you’re doing alright.

I’m having a very rough night. I’m writing this cus I don’t want to keep it inside. I have to let it out. Why is it I can’t confess this to anybody?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horny Braxton said:

I hope you’re doing alright.

I’m having a very rough night. I’m writing this cus I don’t want to keep it inside. I have to let it out. Why is it I can’t confess this to anybody?

Im fine Ive been cleaning the apartment most of the day, you know Im here to listen and provide an ear if nothing else in private if necessary. I'm not the judging type but it does help to let some steam out or vent an issue out

• 3 weeks later...

You’ll get through this moment. It’s just that, a moment, and it will pass. 

but its fucking with my work, I called in two days in a row and refuse to leave the apartment....I must return to work tomorrow two days in a row is one incident so I still have a job

35 minutes ago, John.... said:

but its fucking with my work, I called in two days in a row and refuse to leave the apartment....I must return to work tomorrow two days in a row is one incident so I still have a job

Take things step by step. 

2 minutes ago, John.... said:

Im gonna have to, it can be overwhelming

All you need to worry about is what's directly in front you. The future and the past are illusions and if you live there, you will be anxious and sad. If you break things down into small steps, you realize it's not as difficult as you thought. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All you need to worry about is what's directly in front you. The future and the past are illusions and if you live there, you will be anxious and sad. If you break things down into small steps, you realize it's not as difficult as you thought. 

okay thank you

1 minute ago, vibeology said:

your allowed to have funky days. But the day before you have to return to work make sure you get out the house, even if its just going to the store.

hope it goes well

I did leave and get food, fast food and came right back so I wouldnt call it an outing

Just now, John.... said:

I did leave and get food, fast food and came right back so I wouldnt call it an outing

Does sitting outside in a park or by some water feel too much to do? If not, try do so.

Play some uplifting music in the house if you don't wanna leave

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Does sitting outside in a park or by some water feel too much to do? If not, try do so.

Play some uplifting music in the house if you don't wanna leave

one thing did change my funk, I had a co-worker call me late last night she wanted to know if I could cover her Sunday, and she asked me if I was okay, after that I felt like I was outta the hole, like well she said the boss okayed it if I agreed, and that means I still have a job, because even if my attendance isnt an issue he could say fire him, I mean nowadays if they want you gone they can make that happen, so I felt like well still employed .....I dont know talking with her changed things plus shes very upbeat