Janet for Billboard Magazine

MorganR

"in spite of the achievements that have earned her the Icon Award at the 2018 Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs): No. 1 albums in four consecutive decades; roughly 32 million albums sold in the United States, according to a Billboard estimate (based on RIAA certifications, Nielsen Music data and archival reports);"

They've been peddling through my threads.... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Just now, wayneashleymusic said:

So does anyone have receipts?  Is this her first official press interview since 2012?  2013?  I'm trying to remember the last one.  

2013 with Billboard.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Can I say how fucking disappointed I am with whomever interviewed her. I understand the Starstuckness but did this ninja really ask Janet if her Three year old song was about her 17 month old son ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

It was kind of weird that he got that part mixed up (or maybe he was trying to make a dumb joke as a way to segway about her being a new mom?), since the writer is David Ritz who has written about her sooooo many times, including the Rolling Stone cover story during the janet. album era and even the liner notes/article in the Design of a Decade packaging. I bet she def requested him to be the reporter here.

• Upvote 1

WOW....this morning feels like....

Image result for Earth Song gif

BIG UPS to someone yearrrrs ago, I don't even remember what forum or where on social media, but someone  said that Janet  covered Pillow Talk and it was intended for the janet. album....and then this interview...I need that song to leak RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE!!! Because for those of you that don't know it (I grew up on it and always thought it was JANET A.F. and that Janet should cover it). I'd love to hear what Jimmy & Terry did to update it, and Janet's voice is better than Sylvia's. So that in mind with Janet's "Why did I leave that off the album?" lets me know there's slayage afoot in that. I hear that she's REALLY picky about covers that she choose to cover & that she choose to release...gives hope to the rumor I heard that she did cover Love Hangover.

I love that no matter when she's doing a pre-release interview with she's always vague about how far she is in the process, as a fan it both makes me anxious & excited, but keeps me from expecting anything within the next couple of weeks/months (I remember she was like this right before Feedback dropped in 07). But we know too that her process with writing & recording is all inclusive and can be REAL last minute too, so we don't know how much is done & how much more there is to do....all we know is mama comin back with a new chapter for sure!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

"in spite of the achievements that have earned her the Icon Award at the 2018 Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs): No. 1 albums in four consecutive decades; roughly 32 million albums sold in the United States, according to a Billboard estimate (based on RIAA certifications, Nielsen Music data and archival reports);"

They've been peddling through my threads.... :whistle:

I was gonna say the same thing about the 32 million albums. She's very undercertified

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nice article.. You can tell her team directed this to be as non invasive of an interview as it can  get while at the same time giving new introspective views on a variety of topics.... Kudos Mr Ritz! 

Time to save $$$$$$ for a new tour 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1