Janet for Billboard Magazine

MorganR

40 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

WR6NZpz.gif 

The Lady Gaga/Born This Way song is a reach as far as Janet influencing it..it's more Madonna than anything.

But everything else is correct.  This doesn't even included all the alternative artists/groups and her contemporaries that she has influenced. WR6NZpz.gif 

So am I'm reading correctly or did Janet just proclaimed her religion to be music. :huh:Where are all those people who swore up and down she was a muslim?!...y'all had the first three letters right.

And...did anybody catch the shade when she said smart psychology.... Chile..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, vibeology said:

Its interesting to me she is using dancers still from Unbreakable...it almost feels like its been one stretched out, evolving era. I have a lil theory but I wont discuss it here -_-

She seems so vibrant and refreshed now!

When she started Unbreakable, she mentioned that it was a 3yr plan, so i guess she’s gotten back to that 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

So am I'm reading correctly or did Janet just proclaimed her religion to be music. :huh:Where are all those people who swore up and down she was a muslim?!...y'all had the first three letters right.

I loved that quote by her. She knows she’s a religious leader ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I know...which confirms why I think EVERYTHING was planned accordingly.

Actually it went better than expected Bc she got preggo, and during her off time there was still a lot going on in the world for her to continue to address. Although she’s been out of the game for so long, she could ride basically any wave she wanted to ?

1 hour ago, janet.1814 said:

Actually it went better than expected Bc she got preggo, and during her off time there was still a lot going on in the world for her to continue to address. Although she’s been out of the game for so long, she could ride basically any wave she wanted to ?

If she didn't get pregnant, how would it have stretched to  3 years? Unbreakable tour would have continued, but not into 2018. Didn't Gil say something about that tour being a "trial run"?

As a US fan, I honestly think it worked out incredibly well.  Loved them both, but you could clearly tell that she was more passionate and motivated by the message she was sharing on the State of The World Tour.  The BEST thing to come from the Unbreakable era was the music itself.  The tour will always be special to me b/c it was my first ever time seeing Janet live.  But SOTW was literally a next level experience, and (IMO) a much better show to take around the world with some slight amendments.  Not to mention that Janet herself is in such a different place from the Unbreakable tour, and all the pressures she was facing at the time.  

That '3-year plan' turned out exactly as it was meant to be, as all of the #JanFam can clearly see now.  We have our muva back, and ready to SLAY.  

47 minutes ago, wayneashleymusic said:

As a US fan, I honestly think it worked out incredibly well.  Loved them both, but you could clearly tell that she was more passionate and motivated by the message she was sharing on the State of The World Tour.  The BEST thing to come from the Unbreakable era was the music itself.  The tour will always be special to me b/c it was my first ever time seeing Janet live.  But SOTW was literally a next level experience, and (IMO) a much better show to take around the world with some slight amendments.  Not to mention that Janet herself is in such a different place from the Unbreakable tour, and all the pressures she was facing at the time.  

That '3-year plan' turned out exactly as it was meant to be, as all of the #JanFam can clearly see now.  We have our muva back, and ready to SLAY.  

Same here for me, it was my first time seeing her live. And the Unbreakable tour actually did make it out of the USA, unlike SOTW, so far at least.

So you agree the "family planning" and cancelling Unbreakable was...pre-planned?

18 hours ago, jarrylf said:

WOW....this morning feels like....

Image result for Earth Song gif

BIG UPS to someone yearrrrs ago, I don't even remember what forum or where on social media, but someone  said that Janet  covered Pillow Talk and it was intended for the janet. album....and then this interview...I need that song to leak RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE!!! Because for those of you that don't know it (I grew up on it and always thought it was JANET A.F. and that Janet should cover it). I'd love to hear what Jimmy & Terry did to update it, and Janet's voice is better than Sylvia's. So that in mind with Janet's "Why did I leave that off the album?" lets me know there's slayage afoot in that. I hear that she's REALLY picky about covers that she choose to cover & that she choose to release...gives hope to the rumor I heard that she did cover Love Hangover.

I love that no matter when she's doing a pre-release interview with she's always vague about how far she is in the process, as a fan it both makes me anxious & excited, but keeps me from expecting anything within the next couple of weeks/months (I remember she was like this right before Feedback dropped in 07). But we know too that her process with writing & recording is all inclusive and can be REAL last minute too, so we don't know how much is done & how much more there is to do....all we know is mama comin back with a new chapter for sure!

18 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I'm dying to hear her cover of Pillow Talk.

Yesterday was my first time hearing the song and within the first 30 seconds, it felt like a Janet song.

It almost gave me the same feeling of The Beat Of Black Wings and Tonight's The Night.

You know it's a cover, but the team somehow made it feel like a Janet original. 

It honors the song, but she can still make it her own.

14 hours ago, vibeology said:

Same here for me, it was my first time seeing her live. And the Unbreakable tour actually did make it out of the USA, unlike SOTW, so far at least.

So you agree the "family planning" and cancelling Unbreakable was...pre-planned?

I think the family planning was always going on from the beginning. It could have been an agreement between them that even if she went back to work she wouldn’t stop trying to get pregnant. 

Not to mention the “3-year” plan wasn’t actually a plan at all it was just a contractual agreement she put her team on in the event that the work extends beyond the original scope of time. She probably did that because she knew she was still working on getting pregnant. 

Lastly, SOTW was a MUUUUCH better show. It was one of her best shows honestly and hands down the best setlist. 

*Pillow Talk is a track I always wanted to hear Janet do & to know it’s one out there is driving me crazy! But I think we’ll get an EP first. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, Voodoo said:

That article that accompanies the pics is very profound. She is so intelligent and in tune with her world. Bitch said a bird chirping can inspire a melody. Chile....

THIS.  This is part of why Janet is my #1.  Beyond being an amazing artist through and through, she’s just, I dunno, exceptionally tuned in to the world around her and humanity.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/17/2018 at 10:40 AM, hotboy06 said:

WR6NZpz.gif 

The Lady Gaga/Born This Way song is a reach as far as Janet influencing it..it's more Madonna than anything.

But everything else is correct.  This doesn't even included all the alternative artists/groups and her contemporaries that she has influenced. WR6NZpz.gif 

Billboard said what it said lightskin<_<

On 5/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, vibeology said:

Gosh hindsight is so 20/20, isn’t it?? Clearly the intention to get pregnant was always Janet’s hope, so it was smart to have some sort of off-ramp were that to happen. And after years of trying, she hadn’t been successful to that point, so how was she to actually know that it would happen in the middle of the tour? 

But I prefer to think of it this way... 

As Janet just reminded us in her interview, being an entertainer, creating and performing is in her DNA. We’ve watched and marveled at Janet’s talents since she was 7 years old. And even though she is very private on her off time, I believe her when she says doing this is a necessary thing for her and her family. 

Conversely, anyone that thought she was just going to be locked away in a tower for her whole life and become a fade to black trophy mom wife was absolutely wrong about that assertion. Guess they weren’t watching those 40 plus years of YouTube clips to the contrary?? For fans, we saw all of these ‘competing interests’ playing out during UWT, even if we didn’t realize it at the time. So yeah, that show had a lot up against it. 

So what a blessing it is to see her now, with her sweet baby, her fiercely loyal tour family and the love of her fans and friends? Even through the toughest moments, we all knew that our love for Ms. Jackson is UNBREAKABLE. So now that our queen is telling the world that she’s officially made it to the other side, we all need to celebrate that with her. 

• Like 2