Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Game For Now

Official Thread: 2018 Billboard Music Awards (link to performance posted in initial post)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Horny Braxton said:

I didn’t know Christina Aguilera was so tall. -_- 

Xtina wishes she was that pretty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Im here for Rihanna and Bruno, I feel like Beyonce is trying to tell the world she's bigger and better than Janet so let her do her Tina Turner thing :coffee:

lol I don't know you getting that. But I know some of yall have yall minds made up about Beyonce for whatever reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Shea’s a shoo in :coffee: 

For what? :umm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have LOVED it to have been Bruno tbh

Janet & Bruno seems more organic and a more natrual fit tbh

Janet & Rihanna is def' interesting, Rihanna is very versatile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

For what? :umm:

 

Best performance that night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because Billboard couldn't hire decent cameramen/women

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Or 2300 Jackson Shit

Other than that, they never duet together and let’s keep it that way

U never heard Camp Katcha Kai? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Janet wrote this song with/for LaToya, did the demo & backgrounds. Its told that Janet teaching Toy how to sing a song is what got her noticed by her father to be a singer, I suspect this is the song. The timing matches up (released in 81, same year Janet got signed)

 

And Janet did background vocals for this hot mess of a song I love and is 1 of Toya's best. Note about this performance, Janets singing background, Rene is dancing background & they met on this trip... (Janet is shown in the clip briefly). Its always funny that Janet can mimic Toy perfectly (talking and singing) like I can only tell which is Janet cause shes the 1 in key :lmao: but all 3 of the sisters have a very similar  tone in their highest register.

 

I love baby sister lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

U never heard Camp Katcha Kai? 

I wish I didn’t 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

I love baby sister lol 

Yea I really have since 1st listen in that "its so bad its funny" way, I love the beat and I cringe/smile EVERY time I hear "SHES SO COOL IN HER TIGHT BLUE JEANS, GONNA BE IN TROUBLE WHEN OUR DADDY FINDS OUT" thats FIELDS of the corniest corn :lmao:

This one hasnt ever been confirmed but I 80% believe that Janet & LaToya sing this chorus & its Janets voice turned up higher than Toys. Its too in key to be just Toy, and it, you know.... doesnt sound bad lol. And compare the chorus voice to those verse vocals lol

29 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

I wish I didn’t 

 

:lmao: for YEARS Ive tried to appreciate that song cause Janet co-wrote it & sang background.....but Toys voice keeps getting in the way of my appreciation. :lmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I secretly love Camp Kuchi Kaiai and Heart Don’t Lie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Yea I really have since 1st listen in that "its so bad its funny" way, I love the beat and I cringe/smile EVERY time I hear "SHES SO COOL IN HER TIGHT BLUE JEANS, GONNA BE IN TROUBLE WHEN OUR DADDY FINDS OUT" thats FIELDS of the corniest corn :lmao:

This one hasnt ever been confirmed but I 80% believe that Janet & LaToya sing this chorus & its Janets voice turned up higher than Toys. Its too in key to be just Toy, and it, you know.... doesnt sound bad lol. And compare the chorus voice to those verse vocals lol

 

:lmao: for YEARS Ive tried to appreciate that song cause Janet co-wrote it & sang background.....but Toys voice keeps getting in the way of my appreciation. :lmao:

 

Honey... Latoya is the least talented Jackson if you ignore Paris and Prince 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bu. said:

Because Billboard couldn't hire decent cameramen/women

 

 

Yeah the performance is significantly better when the camera is on HER the entire time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GIMMIE A BEAT-TAH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would've been better if she did the "Billboard....do you wanna get Nasty?!" line like on the RN1814T. jonny5.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 7:57 PM, jarrylf said:

Janet wrote this song with/for LaToya, did the demo & backgrounds. Its told that Janet teaching Toy how to sing a song is what got her noticed by her father to be a singer, I suspect this is the song. The timing matches up (released in 81, same year Janet got signed)

 

And Janet did background vocals for this hot mess of a song I love and is 1 of Toya's best. Note about this performance, Janets singing background, Rene is dancing background & they met on this trip... (Janet is shown in the clip briefly). Its always funny that Janet can mimic Toy perfectly (talking and singing) like I can only tell which is Janet cause shes the 1 in key :lmao: but all 3 of the sisters have a very similar  tone in their highest register.

 

I did not expect to like Camp Kuchi Kaiai the way that I did. Those high notes were not it though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an HQ link to the full performance with the video montage in the beginning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kennita jo said:

Does anyone have an HQ link to the full performance with the video montage in the beginning?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×