Official Thread: 2018 Billboard Music Awards (link to performance posted in initial post)

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Janet is rude for cutting her new song but I get it

At least it’s ready to be released hopefully this week

Janet told you to go fuck yourself yet again :lol:

Ill bet there'll be younguns out there thinking Throb is new

Gaga and Madonna may not get along, but they’ve always (ALWAYS) been compared to one another, so therefore most people would likely picture them a better fit to collaborate...

I think the “arguably MORE popular than Bruno Mars” part is still leading me to believe its Gaga more than anything.. she’s not as huge as she was when Bad Romance and Born This Way were on pop radio, but lest we forget that just a mere 15 months ago she performed the highest rated SuperBowl Halftime Show in history (with zero special guests)! So she’s still up there I think

2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

That fan footage just made my heart explode....seeing the arm movements in their full majesty....10yrs after retirement..... (remember it was the AMA's where she VERY 1st retired them)

Image result for oxygen gif

It makes perfect sense that MJ would ONLY perform at award shows if he got to direct how his performance was shot, this shows why that's needed so badly, like WOW, that's the thing, it's not the camera men's fault it's whoever was directing in that control booth, cause not only for this performance but for all, it was so knee-jerk and clearly last min when they'd cut to audience. 

I’d rather watch that video.... maybe Janet not being televised for soo long has altered how we expect to see her performances? 

57 minutes ago, Dal said:

Gaga and Madonna may not get along, but they’ve always (ALWAYS) been compared to one another, so therefore most people would likely picture them a better fit to collaborate...

I think the “arguably MORE popular than Bruno Mars” part is still leading me to believe its Gaga more than anything.. she’s not as huge as she was when Bad Romance and Born This Way were on pop radio, but lest we forget that just a mere 15 months ago she performed the highest rated SuperBowl Halftime Show in history (with zero special guests)! So she’s still up there I think

Beyoncé duh 

Like, her understanding of performance is just mind blowing. She finalizes her speech about feminism (successfully ending Susan B. Anthony and closing the wage gap), but let's backtrack. The objective is to highlight feminism, and the #MeToo #TimesUp movements, and she illustrates that through dance. She continues the story of "Control", by being in control. 

Just to explain "Nasty". She used a similar organization from American Idol, but she changed the storyline and the choreography. Watch AI: 

Notice how the story is all the guys vying for Janet's attention? They dance a little bit for her. Show off their moves, per se. She watches from afar before making her move.

But let's contrast that with BBMA:

Notice here, the story is Janet going up to the guy and being more assertive. She chooses who she wants. She's in control. She is illustrating feminism. I just.... jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

The ratings are in.. don’t look ?

it was an award show, I think pretty much all of them have ratings not so bueno so it is what it is, Janet came her people made it all about her and she slayed it

4 hours ago, Bailey. said:

well ummm let's just say there's another "Jackson" speaking her mind again :sigh: I wont post it because you can Google it if you wanna read her crap

Were you referring to Paris Jackson? :umm: She’s clearly too busy “being like her father” (her words) to support the family jewel.  

Oh shoes she’s trying to fill with surely not fit her unJackson feet

12 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Were you referring to Paris Jackson? :umm: She’s clearly too busy “being like her father” (her words) to support the family jewel.  

Lol!  Janet clearly invited who she wanted... She didn't want no drama. 

13 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

That lil girl annoys the shit outta me. 

• Upvote 2