ABC has cancelled "Roseanne" after racist rant from star

Bailey

The reboot was a guilty pleasure of mine, mainly because I just love Aunt Jackie (Laurie Metcalf)... but after watching every one of the new eps I am glad this show is being cancelled.. feel bad for the dozens of folks who worked on it besides Roseanne but still glad to see it gone.. it was only adding to the Trump-ian culture that’s taken over middle America these days

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dal said:

The reboot was a guilty pleasure of mine, mainly because I just love Aunt Jackie (Laurie Metcalf)... but after watching every one of the new eps I am glad this show is being cancelled.. feel bad for the dozens of folks who worked on it besides Roseanne but still glad to see it gone.. it was only adding to the Trump-ian culture that’s taken over middle America these days

I agree but my first concern was when we silence people like that it tends to galvanize others who think as they do to do even more shit. Quick story :rolleyes: I havent had cable in years so I barely watch TV unless its Netflix or :whistle: and I noticed on YT how commentators spare back and forth like we already know our society is divided but it's like we are fueling it now thru media like I watched this clip below and its just no sense of respect  ...you can forward to 9:59 when the sista in her comes out -_-

They did it so fast though.  They knew they were getting some mess rehiring her.  Shes BEEN into conspiracy theories and shit on twitter.  She has a vast history of anti semetic racist shit.

ABC said fuck the ratings fuck the money we cant do it.  Think about a day where Starbucks literally closed all their shit to have racial bias training.  Millions of dollars to respond to racist behavior by employees.  ABC couldn't stand there and allow their STAR to be racist.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kidfresh832 said:

They did it so fast though.  They knew they were getting some mess rehiring her.  Shes BEEN into conspiracy theories and shit on twitter.  She has a vast history of anti semetic racist shit.

ABC said fuck the ratings fuck the money we cant do it.  Think about a day where Starbucks literally closed all their shit to have racial bias training.  Millions of dollars to respond to racist behavior by employees.  ABC couldn't stand there and allow their STAR to be racist.  

I mean shit moves fast now, I'm still kinda shocked as hell NBC gave Matt Laurer the boot like a muthafucka.....they hurried up and got his ass outta there :coffee:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...