Do we consider this a new ‘era’ for Janet?

kaeh1213

Random thought here, but how do you define this time period in the Janet timeline? 

The Unbreakable era seems kind of in the past to me. No more videos/singles... 

SOTW era seems last year to me, too, even though the tour is extended. 

I’ve been pretty much thinking of this time period as the Icon era, since her Billboard award/performance is the biggest thing to happen so far this year. Omg. I’m just soooo ready for new music. 

(I’m pretty much avoiding work deadlines with these rando thoughts.... thanks for humoring me) :P

I think of it as a time where Janet is rebuilding in every way you could imagine. I think the best part for fans is the excitement of new music and Janet continuing to perform and tour. I dont think we are at a point where you can define "it" because there's been no discernible change since the inception of SOTW tour.

• Like 1

Unbreakable era is definitely kaput..

I look at this era effectively as the SOTW era more than anything, even right up until the BBMA performance... once she releases new music then I’ll see it as a new, separate era, even potentially adding the BBMA performance to said era retroactively 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It’s a new era because the new music is made and prepped. You see her rehearsing for the summer festival tour that will then run into the new SOTW dates. 

1 hour ago, John.... said:

I mean the dancers are taking photos in 2018 with tee-shirts on that say S0TW tour 2017 :sigh:

Also with a new tour there will be new merch. That’s just kinda how it goes. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, State of the Game said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Jesus Christ 

wearing the lastest merchandise is irrelevant

Fans, Kids, Celebs still wear throwback era merchandise.... it has nothing to do with a new era 

2017 era merchandise is not a damn throwback :sigh: Its last season

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, John.... said:

2017 era merchandise is not a damn throwback :sigh: Its last season

It’s only considered “last season” if there’s a new season out ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Last time I checked, the UBT2 merch didnt release 

• Downvote 1

Agreed that this era (musically, anyway) has been defined by Ms. Jackson’s SOTW tour, and the crew of dancers and tour folks which made it happen. Having seen both the Unbreakable Tour and SOTW 2017, it has to be defined as a separate era. Her vibe is completely different. 

When the new music arrives, it will begin yet another era. As we just saw with Beyoncé and Jay-Z, sometimes these things bleed into each other a bit. The fact that they started OTRII but didn’t drop the new music until a few shows in is kind of ultimate BOSS to me. It’s very exciting for fans to know that new stuff is out there, ready to drop at any time. 

Go on Ms. Janet!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackwings said:

We'll find out very soon when she performs again, and when the new album comes out. I'm thinking it's a continuation of SOTW

you know honestly to me, if it is I wouldnt care, because I think many of us decided several years back as long as she's out there on that stage she has our support, but we do know new music is on the horizon and that is absolutely exciting :excited:

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

State of the world was a really dope period of time. Excellent show, probably the best tour set list & even performances in a while. But this here is like living in the moment. It’s made for now, it’s different. It’s a new era for sure. 

What a nice coincidence. :D

• Upvote 3

On 6/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

State of the world was a really dope period of time. Excellent show, probably the best tour set list & even performances in a while. But this here is like living in the moment. It’s made for now, it’s different. It’s a new era for sure. 

You know things about shit :o you been holding back

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

What a nice coincidence. :D

This reminds me of when Janet was at the BET awards. No Sleeep has JUST dropped, and she received that special award. In her speech, she Jimmy Terry and her family, using the phrase “your love is Unbreakable”. 

Hints are definitely being dropped right now. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:26 PM, John.... said:

you know honestly to me, if it is I wouldnt care, because I think many of us decided several years back as long as she's out there on that stage she has our support, but we do know new music is on the horizon and that is absolutely exciting :excited:

"Now wait now... I'll start the era when I'm ready to start this new era".  

*grabs era*

"K, I'm ready"  ?

• Upvote 1