"Made For Now" Single Dropping Soon

ScottB

20 minutes ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

And a bit cheap 

Wtf?! Jimmy & Terry are legends and Janet’s best music INCLUDING ALL OF UNBREAKABLE was released under them and Janet’s worst music was released when she decided to “venture” into other territories or when she pushed the responsibilities to outsiders including Darkchild (especially him). 

While I can’t judge the song until it’s released, it’s no surprise that everyone’s favorite Janet album and/or track comes from this trio. If that’s not true, you’re lying to yourself. 

There is ZERO song Janet has made without J/T that is better than anything Janet & J/T has done. ZERO

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Wtf?! Jimmy & Terry are legends and Janet’s best music INCLUDING ALL OF UNBREAKABLE was released under them and Janet’s worst music was released when she decided to “venture” into other territories or when she pushed the responsibilities to outsiders including Darkchild (especially him). 

While I can’t judge the song until it’s released, it’s no surprise that everyone’s favorite Janet album and/or track comes from this trio. If that’s not true, you’re lying to yourself. 

There is ZERO song Janet has made without J/T that is better than anything Janet & J/T has done. ZERO

When Janet ventured out without Jimmy and Terry she got her another top 20 hit in 2008

.......I think we got the answer to "whats taking things so long" yesterday...her dad died & has been dying. We'll get the song when we get it,  thats her dad, and what we know is at this time the family is going through it all & they're pulling through together, the song can wait. Summers just begun, and she has events & dates lined up, but lets give her her time.

2 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

.......I think we got the answer to "whats taking things so long" yesterday...her dad died & has been dying. We'll get the song when we get it,  thats her dad, and what we know is at this time the family is going through it all & they're pulling through together, the song can wait. Summers just begun, and she has events & dates lined up, but lets give her her time.

Her father’s passing more than likely pushed some things further but without a shadow of a doubt July 8 is a good weekend to release 

20 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

It’s one song lol 

Wrong.  It’s a lead single from a new project.  

All the hoopla around Unbreakable was that after several flop attempts of breaking away from them in the mid 2000’s, she had finally made it back to JJ/TL and the magic was still there.   If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. (God I remember saying that several times in the Janet forum 10-12 years ago)

That being said, the song could certainly surprise.  We shall see.  Here’s hoping.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Boy bye :lmao: 

Her REAL last HIT that she wrote and produced, that SOUNDS like a Janet song and not a song that could have been for anyone was STCML

Top 20 :lmao: :lmao: 

Boy hi :wave: Janet sung it by herself and it was on her album. That's like saying "Whitney's last hit was the one she wrote and produced" which we all know she ain't write shit.

Tommy Parker (aka Tommy Mclendon, T. Lumpkins) is on this track, and that right there is enough to get me excited. Not only is he a humongous fan of both Jimmy and Terry, but he co-wrote Make Me for Janet, and several of the tracks on Unbreakable. And let’s be honest... if you’re a TRUE fan of Janet’s, you’re probably a true fan of Jimmy and Terry, which means you also know that they are the absolute standard of good will, leadership, respect and setting a good example. They may not have produced that particular track, but I can guarantee you they heard it and gave it their blessing. Tommy is being guided by them, and if Unbreakable is any indication, he’s learned a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Boy hi :wave: Janet sung it by herself and it was on her album. That's like saying "Whitney's last hit was the one she wrote and produced" which we all know she ain't write shit.

And imma take issue with this for a second as well... 

Y’all know DAMMN we’ll that if Whitney had come out today, she would’ve been credited as songwriter for ever song she ever touched. Nowadays, you slap one word or one note on the song, and you get a co-writing credit. 

Let’s be honest... Whitney “The VOICE” Houston deserved to be credited on her songs. Can’t NOBODY put the sheer emotion and depth that she put on a record to this day. 

3 hours ago, JJATL said:

Wrong.  It’s a lead single from a new project.  

All the hoopla around Unbreakable was that after several flop attempts of breaking away from them in the mid 2000’s, she had finally made it back to JJ/TL and the magic was still there.   If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. (God I remember saying that several times in the Janet forum 10-12 years ago)

That being said, the song could certainly surprise.  We shall see.  Here’s hoping.  

Exactly, she went back with JJ/TT and came back with No Sleeep, which is a solid song, but not s strong LEAD single.

She has the most chemistry with them, but Harmony also has a solid production discogaphy as well lol, let's see what it sounds like before we hate it already.

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Ugh Whitney isn’t on Janet’s level of talent. She was tool

Whereas Janet is not.. She worked hard for her success

5 hours ago, wayneashleymusic said:

And imma take issue with this for a second as well... 

Y’all know DAMMN we’ll that if Whitney had come out today, she would’ve been credited as songwriter for ever song she ever touched. Nowadays, you slap one word or one note on the song, and you get a co-writing credit. 

Let’s be honest... Whitney “The VOICE” Houston deserved to be credited on her songs. Can’t NOBODY put the sheer emotion and depth that she put on a record to this day. 

You mean like her last two flops and least successful albums 

Y’all give them a bit too much tbh. Janet’s clearly in a creative space now. Her lack of inspiration was the MAIN problem before. I’m not one of those to believe she can’t make anything good without JJ/TL. Some of those Unbreakable songs gave early 2000’s production wise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

Exactly, she went back with JJ/TT and came back with No Sleeep, which is a solid song, but not s strong LEAD single.

She has the most chemistry with them, but Harmony also has a solid production discogaphy as well lol, let's see what it sounds like before we hate it already.

No Sleeep was the perfect lead and a very intentional choice. If she had tried to get a radio hit with DB or BIU as the lead, the era would've been DOA. At her age, the smart move is to get UAC/HAC radio on board for that adult exposure and potential album sales. No Sleeep did its job and sold the album.

6 minutes ago, J. said:

Y’all give them a bit too much tbh. Janet’s clearly in a creative space now. Her lack of inspiration was the MAIN problem before. I’m not one of those to believe she can’t make anything good without JJ/TL. Some of those Unbreakable songs gave early 2000’s production wise.

I agree, Unbreakable had some patchy moments with the production. I think that if Janet is inspired and writing, she can make great music with anyone. The only person we've REALLY seen her write with besides JJ/TL was Jermaine Dupri, whose beats are bargain bin tin. I'm excited to hear how she does with a better producer!

1 hour ago, J. said:

Giving them too much? They literally birth Janet Jackson and carried her career through the late 80s, 90s, and the new millennia.

None of the producers she worked with out side of the Legendary Duo has given Janet more. Not Darkchild, not JD, certainly not Ne-Yo who gave her MJ’s trash (focusing on 2008-2010). SloLove is another prime example. (It’s no one’s favorite) 

Unbreakable is rated HIGHER by critics for a reason. That reason being Jimmy Jam & Terry. Lewis

17 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Giving them too much? They literally birth Janet Jackson and carried her career through the late 80s, 90s, and the new millennia.

None of the producers she worked with out side of the Legendary Duo has given Janet more. Not Darkchild, not JD, certainly not Ne-Yo who gave her MJ’s trash (focusing on 2008-2010). SloLove is another prime example. (It’s no one’s favorite) 

Unbreakable is rated HIGHER by critics for a reason. That reason being Jimmy Jam & Terry. Lewis

I mean, it's also rated higher than the last 3 albums they were heavily involved in, due to Janet actually giving a hoot and writing about things beyond her worldview. Which, I imagine, which will be the case for the new music, regardless of who's producing it.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I mean, it's also rated higher than the last 3 albums they were heavily involved in, due to Janet actually giving a hoot and writing about things beyond her worldview. Which, I imagine, which will be the case for the new music, regardless of who's producing it.

Yes. The quality was 9284738x better 

You can’t assume the direction of the album

8 hours ago, Game For Now said:

A lot of fans love Slolove honestly. I think Jimmy & Terry gave Janet her signature sound. MOST big artists have producers they build signature sounds with. BUT imo Damita Jo was a great album. Also I think there are some solid Janet moments post Jimmy & Terry. 

For example - Roll Witchu is in the top tracks from Janet for me. I like Luv, I liked Luv 2 Luv, Take Care, I like Thinking About My Ex, I like Island Life, I like What Can I Say. Actually a lot of those I love.  

The only thing about some of the musical moves with Janet might be them (whoever the producer is) trying too hard to keep a Jackson sound instead of just making great music. Janet & Pharrell are looooong overdue. I am really interested to see how fans take the new music. Also Unbreakable was critically received but to me that can be taken with a grain of salt. Not saying the album wasn’t good it’s just critics...are not always giving an authentic opinion 

• Upvote 2