"Made For Now" Single Dropping Soon

ScottB

I told you that June would be a great month, & @Game For Now I also said the intended person was not Gaga, back when people were claiming and believing Unbreakable would be called Conversations in a Cafe...I told everyone it wouldn’t be that. I even mentioned it would “probably” be Unbreakable. I remember you weren’t too excited because it sounded like some MJ title to you lol but I was also told - I’m not generally known to know anything lol but good things are coming for sure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Game For Now said:

Don’t brag 

Thank goodness. Hopefully it’s Drake

It’s not a brag, you said you wanted information. That’s a response. Not only am I not bragging - I’ve been virtually silent. And for this reason exactly, but I’ll go back to that silence. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

It’s not a brag, you said you wanted information. That’s a response. Not only am I not bragging - I’ve been virtually silent. And for this reason exactly, but I’ll go back to that silence. 

As a fan and semi-professional musician, I'm just happy to welcome new music from Ms. Jackson.  

Regarding when the release occurs, I'm sure it depends on what goals she has for her and her team.  Are they looking for a chart topper, or mainly something that fans can obsess over and enjoy during the tour?  If it's the latter, it doesn't really matter when she drops the track.  

But if they want to claim some good chart action, the best time to drop is late Thursday into Friday, with a smidge of advanced notice (sound snippet, IG post, etc.) so super fans and #JanFam can gather the troops for streaming events, etc.  And if the single is released say, Thursday or Friday, the video should be released not long after, but in the same tracking week to maximize chart position.  Of course who knows if there is a video, but just FYI.  

I strongly suspect that Black Radio will be on board, but some digital/ streaming strategy can help in other areas.  And I KNOW that fans will want to do it!!  

And hey, a Number 1 surely couldn't hurt... after all, Ms. Jackson's got a label to support!  

2 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

Free who do you think it is?

You can DM me if your worried about Game trolling you

I don’t think he’s going to tell you

And I don’t troll @FreelovesJJ anymore. He has formed credibility over the years. Yes it takes a while for some rando to garner credibility. No I will not apologize for the things I said to him x years ago but I do respect him here & now.

• Like 1