"Made For Now" Single Dropping Soon

ScottB

No no.. not a lot of fans... just few. Check the Spotify spins.. interludes are beating that shit song 

Damita Jo album as a whole is not to par with any other album in her discography.. it is no one’s favorite and far below UNBREAKABLE it’s not even funny 

L2L & Take Care were exclusively produced and written with Jimmy/Terry.. Island Life was co-produced by them too So you’re only reinforcing my point. The other song you named (Luv) is cool but basic and Janet didn’t write it and What Can I Say didn’t even make the album cut sooo ??‍♂️

Pharrell would give her what Ne-Yo gave her... rejected MJ garbage 

Critics > your opinion 

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

No no.. not a lot of fans... just few. Check the Spotify spins.. interludes are beating that shit song 

Damita Jo album as a whole is not to par with any other album in her discography.. it is no one’s favorite and far below UNBREAKABLE it’s not even funny 

L2L & Take Care were exclusively produced and written with Jimmy/Terry.. Island Life was co-produced by them too So you’re only reinforcing my point. The other song you named (Luv) is cool but basic and Janet didn’t write it and What Can I Say didn’t even make the album cut sooo ??‍♂️

Pharrell would give her what Ne-Yo gave her... rejected MJ garbage 

Critics > your opinion 

Stop being unnecessary, dramatic & extra. Your opinion doesn’t outweigh anyone here. No one. 

Who are the “no ones” that you speak of? Anyway, she made classic music with JJ/TL and some of the other music she made was excellent but undervalued. DJ did much better than Unbreakable has. Either way let’s see how the music plays out. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Stop being unnecessary, dramatic & extra. Your opinion doesn’t outweigh anyone here. No one. 

Who are the “no ones” that you speak of? Anyway, she made classic music with JJ/TL and some of the other music she made was excellent but undervalued. DJ did much better than Unbreakable has. Either way let’s see how the music plays out. 

My “opinion” isn’t just based on my own opinion.. it’s based on availabile data. You? 

Don't nitpick my posts ? the No ones are the “fans” who say DS, JJ, Damita Jo, 20,and/or Discipline are/is their favorite album(s). Those fans cannot be trusted. 

Yes she made classic music with J/T... Classic music that needs to continue (and will)

Damita Jo did much better in sales and sales only but sales =/= quality bc Damita Jo lacks quality (as a whole). 

11 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Agreed.

RWU is one of her best singles since 2001 and that's a non JJ&TL song.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

He's always dramatic and extra as if his OPINION is better than anyone else's. Mind you he didn't become a Janet fan until the All For You era so I could really g.a.f. what he thinks on any issue concerning her music. He doesn't know her like the rest of us.

2 hours ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

Agreed.

RWU is one of her best singles since 2001 and that's a non JJ&TL song.

I loooooooove that song! That's actually one of my top 5 Janet songs ever and if she would've worked with Jam and Lewis we probably would've never gotten it.

25 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

He's always dramatic and extra as if his OPINION is better than anyone else's. Mind you he didn't become a Janet fan until the All For You era so I could really g.a.f. what he thinks on any issue concerning her music. He doesn't know her like the rest of us.

I loooooooove that song! That's actually one of my top 5 Janet songs ever and if she would've worked with Jam and Lewis we probably would've never gotten it.

Exactly.

they captured the effortless, sensuality of Janet in that song and it sounded like Janet through and through.

I wish the album was more in that direction 

its so timeless, literally wouldn’t sound out of place on radio today.

the video is a masterpiece too

Somewhere within all the songs recorded for DJ is at least a 9/10 Janet album. There were a few really good songs that didn't make the album. 

DJ lacks a ''it'' song a la RN, AFY, TA... They just dropped the ball majorly on releasing  JALW as the lead off. 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I didn’t mention my opinion. I’m just stating facts bro. 

The AFY era was literally 17 years ago sooo that doesn’t hold much weight as it did in 2004 when you originally said that. Like you, that joke has aged and not very well. And before you push out some arbitrary amount of years you’ve been a fan... youre 15 years older than me :coffee:  

You also loved SloLove & FSR so your opinion is irrelevant 

7 minutes ago, Csmitty said:

Somewhere within all the songs recorded for DJ is at least a 9/10 Janet album. There were a few really good songs that didn't make the album. 

DJ lacks a ''it'' song a la RN, AFY, TA... They just dropped the ball majorly on releasing  JALW as the lead off. 

DJ lacks the IT factor

20 didn’t lack JD 

Discipline lacks Janet Jackson

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

DJ lacks the IT factor

20 didn’t lack JD 

Discipline lacks Janet Jackson

I think the best song for cross platform appeal at that time was Island Life. Urban/Adult AC weren't gonna touch JALW. 

What do you think the lead off should have been??? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Csmitty said:

I think the best song for cross platform appeal at that time was Island Life. Urban/Adult AC weren't gonna touch JALW. 

What do you think the lead off should have been??? 

My Baby should have been lead single for obvious reasons.. followed by AN(DS) and whatever

JALW was a terrible choice for an album track

Island Life is a fan favorite and the only song worthy of praising 14 years later 

18 hours ago, Game For Now said:

My “opinion” isn’t just based on my own opinion.. it’s based on availabile data. You? 

Don't nitpick my posts ? the No ones are the “fans” who say DS, JJ, Damita Jo, 20,and/or Discipline are/is their favorite album(s). Those fans cannot be trusted. 

Yes she made classic music with J/T... Classic music that needs to continue (and will)

Damita Jo did much better in sales and sales only but sales =/= quality bc Damita Jo lacks quality (as a whole). 

Wait you’re using facts and data but then the facts and data of - record sales are not being used to classify the album? You’re a constant contradiction. Also - YOU WANT this music to continue, MAYBE it will & maybe it won’t. I bet the next few tracks you get won’t be a continuation of that legacy. I bet that for sure. 

Im not saying their music together wasn’t good - I’m saying DJ was a very solid album & is only discredited due to the surrounding scandal. Your dislike for it to me falls inline with the other mindless shit you say. If you’re not a fan of anything outside of Jimmy/Terry get prepared to be disappointed in what she drops next. It will in MANY ways be a departure from that you cling to so heavily.

4 hours ago, bu. said:

But it has already happened boo. Island Life is a bop

And it happened live… which many never thought would be. Island Life is forever a vibe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bu. said:

But it has already happened boo. Island Life is a bop

Thank you! That was one of my dreams was for Janet to perform that live. Now I need "Lonely", "SloLove", "Feels So Right" and possibly "And On, And On". :)  I really wish she would've released "Like You Don't Love Me". That definitely would've been a hit on R&B radio

• Like 1