"Made For Now" Single Dropping Soon

ScottB

On 6/29/2018 at 10:13 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

A lot of fans love Slolove honestly. I think Jimmy & Terry gave Janet her signature sound. MOST big artists have producers they build signature sounds with. BUT imo Damita Jo was a great album. Also I think there are some solid Janet moments post Jimmy & Terry. 

For example - Roll Witchu is in the top tracks from Janet for me. I like Luv, I liked Luv 2 Luv, Take Care, I like Thinking About My Ex, I like Island Life, I like What Can I Say. Actually a lot of those I love.  

The only thing about some of the musical moves with Janet might be them (whoever the producer is) trying too hard to keep a Jackson sound instead of just making great music. Janet & Pharrell are looooong overdue. I am really interested to see how fans take the new music. Also Unbreakable was critically received but to me that can be taken with a grain of salt. Not saying the album wasn’t good it’s just critics...are not always giving an authentic opinion 

Wasn't Pharrell going to be on the 20 YO album until JD or someone else scrapped his stuff and went in another direction? Pharrell and Janet should have done something ages ago (2000-08), but he's still popular and makes bops so I wouldn't be opposed to a track now.

I think the main problem with Damita Jo, 20 YO and Discipline has less to do with the fact that she was working with different people, and more to do with her lack of input, inspiration and the amount of different people she worked with at once. If Janet decided to have JJ/TL, Babyface and, say, Pharrell produce Damita Jo, and she had something more interesting to talk about, I think we would have still gotten great stuff on par with her classics. I think a smaller team works well with Janet's artistic process.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, John.... said:

I notice anything with Cardi B gets airplay, so there's that ....as for Janet the best thing she can do is continue to release well crafted songs that are written by her and let that speak for itself, "Unbreakable" was a breath of fresh air and very Janet ....Im hoping she's got something the fans are going to love

Well, J. Lo did a song with Cardi and performed it at the BB awards in May. I haven't heard it since and I don't think it's made a dent on the charts.

4 minutes ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

Well, J. Lo did a song with Cardi and performed it at the BB awards in May. I haven't heard it since and I don't think it's made a dent on the charts.

dayum check mate.....I am still of this belief, screw the charts, screw sales, continue to cement the Jackson legacy by releasing quality gems as she has done so many times, her fans love her for that...... "Night" is a solid bop the folks dont know but we do

34 minutes ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

Dinero or whatever. JLo is a flop.. She only makes headlines on red carpets and magazine bc of her butt

30 minutes ago, John.... said:

dayum check mate.....I am still of this belief, screw the charts, screw sales, continue to cement the Jackson legacy by releasing quality gems as she has done so many times, her fans love her for that...... "Night" is a solid bop the folks dont know but we do

Night is pretty high on the list of Spotify but you’re right about the rest. Fair weather fans are pretty bad but chart chasers are even worse if not more. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Dinero or whatever. JLo is a flop.. She only makes headlines on red carpets and magazine bc of her butt

Night is pretty high on the list of Spotify but you’re right about the rest. Fair weather fans are pretty bad but chart chasers are even worse if not more. 

We as fans must face a reality that is true it happened to all of them Whitney Madonna Michael and prince radio gave them few fucks so again as a die hard just continue to create and don’t worry about charts because her legacy is here in the now