Drake - Scorpion (New Album Out NOW) ft Michael Jackson, Jay Z, Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Ty Dolla $ign & Static Major

bu.

OK so Mariah and Lauryn aren't technically featured as they're sampled but they should be :shifty: 

On first listen I think it's a solid album. Up there with NWTS although not quite up there with Take Care.

Side 1 is rap and side 2 is R&B

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Uneventful and uninspired tbh. Views was nothing to write home about and neither is this album. It kinda feels like he had to touch some topics not because he wanted but because Pusha came out swinging with The Story Of Adidon.

10 hours ago, Utopia said:

Uneventful and uninspired tbh. Views was nothing to write home about and neither is this album. It kinda feels like he had to touch some topics not because he wanted but because Pusha came out swinging with The Story Of Adidon.

It’s a rap album... they’re all uneventful and uninspiring now a days 

Drake breaks Beatles historic record

Yesterday" a longstanding record from The Beatles felt the sting of a "Scorpion."

Drake's "Scorpion" album set a record by posting seven simultaneous singles on Billboards Top 10.
That toppled The Beatles record of five singles set in 1964. Billboard notes the band remains "the only act to monopolize the Hot 100's entire top five in a week."

Drake's rankings are as follows: "Nice for What" at No. 1; "Nonstop" at No. 2; "God's Plan" at No. 4; "In My Feelings" at No. 6; "I'm Upset" at No. 7; "Emotionless" at No. 8; and "Don't Matter to Me," featuring Michael Jackson, at No. 9.
And that's not his only success.
The rapper broke his own record of most singles charting in the Hot 100 with 27 -- including all 25 tracks from "Scorpion."
All of this comes on the heels of Drake also notching a streaming record.

His record label Republic Records announced this week that "Scorpion," Drake's fifth album, has crossed the one billion mark in total streams - a first for an album in its first week.
Over on the Billboard charts Drake also surpassed the late Michael Jackson as the artist with the most Hot 100 Top 10s in his career among solo males.
Drake currently has a career total of 31 to Jackson's 30 with the late King of Pop's 30th being his appearance on Drake's new single, "Don't Matter to Me."

CNN

• 3 weeks later...