Cissy Houston shades Janet in 1991

T.C

Ah yes... every diva seems to do this.  Though important to note that Whitney herself had nothing negative to say about Janet, she just reacted to what her mother said.  I know at this point, Janet was at her very hottest (just wrapping up the Rhythm Nation era), while Whitney's latest release, while stellar, hadn't brought in the numbers of her previous two albums.  So it doesn't surprise me to hear others throwing shade at the Queen of New Jack Swing during the height of her reign.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had to come to my computer to hear this and not my phone and see what was being said and within what context, what I see is a mother comforting her daughter over feeling like she's not being appreciated for how hard she works. Now the fact The Bodyguard soundtrack outsold Janet. two years later should be some consolation ....my thing again here is why do we (Blacks) have to pit one another against the other? If what Janet does is her thing "let the bitch have it" but dont hate people buy what they enjoy and Janet has remained someone to enjoy for many years after that so it is what it is,  and speaking of class I can only think of one video where Janet speaks even remotely of ill will about another artist and that was Madonna

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John.... said:

I had to come to my computer to hear this and not my phone and see what was being said and within what context, what I see is a mother comforting her daughter over feeling like she's not being appreciated for how hard she works. Now the fact The Bodyguard soundtrack outsold Janet. two years later should be some consolation ....my thing again here is why do we (Blacks) have to pit one another against the other? If what Janet does is her thing "let the bitch have it" but dont hate people buy what they enjoy and Janet has remained someone to enjoy for many years after that so it is what it is,  and speaking of class I can only think of one video where Janet speaks even remotely of ill will about another artist and that was Madonna

I couldn't know the true intentions, but like any group of friends, it could also have just been a down moment in their friendship, or just talk.  At the end of the day, the only reason we even care about it now is because it was caught on camera.  But it's probably not a true representation of their whole relationship.  

4 minutes ago, wayneashleymusic said:

I couldn't know the true intentions, but like any group of friends, it could also have just been a down moment in their friendship, or just talk.  At the end of the day, the only reason we even care about it now is because it was caught on camera.  But it's probably not a true representation of their whole relationship.  

in who's friendship? Whitney didn't say it Cissy said it.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter at the end of the day, artists do and express themselves in many ways, and being a gifted singer is a great gift to have, but that is not the only way to entertain. I would be willing to bet money on it Janet herself would be the first to admit she isn't the best singer, BUT that's not really the point now is it?  And Again the Jacksons have been in the business for over 50 years.....my final thought on this is you don't make anyone feel better by putting someone else down that's just small minded IMO

Cissy  acting like she was some big megastar “I been here for years” bullshit. Ma’am sis you’re mostly famous for being someones mother and being a back up singer for Elvis, you were not a Beyoncé or Rihanna. Karma came for her for this with that terrible BET awards performance where she embarrassed vocalists everywhere. 

Good on whitney for not responding - you could tell she was lowkey shocked and not feeling the janet diss. 

Eh, wasnt triggered or uneasy about it (If Whitney replaced Paula's name wit Janet I'd feel a ways), but with what I know bein a fan both Janet & Whitney for more than half my life, they both felt insecure about what they felt they lacked that the other thrived in. Whitney felt insecure about choreography & artistry in production compared to Janet. And Janet felt insecure about her voice compared to Whitney (as we heard her say in that audio documentary). They are both QUEEENS of different styles & flavors. What Cissy said wasn't even that disrespectful, I read it as "don't worry about her strengths, you got your own". The tone & wording was disrespectful.....but the point wasn't to me.

What Whitney said about Paula was as disrespectful as it was 100% true tho :coffee:

• Upvote 3

I'm actually for once happy at the comments on YT, I know Game says dont read em, but they actually defend Janet and set the record straight that Whitney and Janet loved each other and that it was Cissy talking smack......the worst part of the comments though, they calling out Cissy's Christian devotion, and I know for a fact if you want to make someone who claims to be a Christian pissed, call out their Christianity they get hot real quick!

okay so now I have a BIG question, apparently all this is on the heels of a documentary coming out this week in theaters about WH, my question is if you watch the trailer below, tell me how they got WH in her music video "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" in perfect HD quality?  If they can do that I wanna know where is "If" in 1080p? Ya'll know Ive spoken on this many many many times where is Dal?

6 hours ago, John.... said:

I'm actually for once happy at the comments on YT, I know Game says dont read em, but they actually defend Janet and set the record straight that Whitney and Janet loved each other and that it was Cissy talking smack......the worst part of the comments though, they calling out Cissy's Christian devotion, and I know for a fact if you want to make someone who claims to be a Christian pissed, call out their Christianity they get hot real quick!

Most of the comments on there are actually defending Janet.  Paula on the other hand... well let's just say not so much. 

8 hours ago, John.... said:

okay so now I have a BIG question, apparently all this is on the heels of a documentary coming out this week in theaters about WH, my question is if you watch the trailer below, tell me how they got WH in her music video "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" in perfect HD quality?  If they can do that I wanna know where is "If" in 1080p? Ya'll know Ive spoken on this many many many times where is Dal?

This looks so good, I’m definitely gonna go check it out. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, John.... said:

I like Paula back in the day, she was the first non-Black I ever saw on BET Video Soul with Donnie Simpson ..I enjoyed her songs and dancing so shade is what you wanna make it, but Paula's "Straight Up" album has 4 number one hits

Non-black? ?

Whitney was taken aback by the comment.. :lmao: she reacted like any child would when their parents talk about a friend. You heard her said this needs to be edited because Janet was a good Judy to her.   It's unfortunate that Cissy felt that way as Janet was doing her thing and Whitney had her lane. 

It's always good to see how artists are backstage out of the limelight and what topics are discussed(like other artists, music, fashion, tv, movies, etc.) that we normal folks usually have.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, LawdToday said:

Whitney was never the artist Janet was so! Oh well!!

She's dead.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:25 PM, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

Bitch, Janet is still LIVING, BREATHING, WALKING! Because of your negligence, Whitney (god rest her soul) was put in an early grave. Your old, evil ass put her there. Please believe Joe and Katherine would NEVA for the queen.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, Game For Now said:

I didn’t watch the video

But Janet’s still around sooo my opinion is moot ??‍♂️

A video clip of someone's MOTHER saying something 30 years later comes out and the first thing you say is "huehyehueyck at least they arent dead lol"

Ya'll retarded as fuck.

Image result for brainlet meme