The Official #EssenceFest Thread

22 minutes ago, John.... said:

No Gameisha I wasn't planning to see this show, I really imagined it would be the same thing with a few changes, she switched it up! Enough where Id like to see the newest edition

NEITHER WAS I!!!! IM TIRED OF YA DAMN EXCUSES. I LITERALLY, ON A WHIM, BOUGHT A TICKET TO THE CINCY SHOW BC I HAD TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

giphy.gif

Maybe he or she is right

this is what love and hate feels like right here right now :lmao: and it's a she, Black female strong smart sensitive that last part sensitive seems to keep me coming back she sees me  or rather thru

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK!!! There’s more to life than work ? ex..CUS... ES

wait? is yo name Rene by ANY chance? :unsure: cause honey we off dat clock and Ive paid my deductible so if this is another session on the same things...forget getting paid :filenails:

Just now, Game For Now said:

Idk who that is

my therapist ...her name is Rene and she's Black and down to Earth and she knows her way around, how to push when she needs to and how to sit back and listen....Im analyzing her as much as she is me...its still kinda new I must admit

14 hours ago, Dal said:

Seriously probably the best setlist I can think of (and it doesn’t even include an actual encore set yet either!)... but I can’t fuck wit Skin Game as an opener.. I don’t like the song at all and especially not as a concert opener.. but I do love that she is doing lesser-known tracks nowadays.. Ijs I would’ve preferred Weekend as an opener as opposed to SG

You probably can’t relate to the song. It’s a brilliant opener for the tour considering the theme. Black American descendants of slaves have to navigate through life, subjugated under white supremacy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

You probably can’t relate to the song. It’s a brilliant opener for the tour considering the theme. Black American descendants of slaves have to navigate through life, subjugated under white supremacy. 

Dude im not even talking about the lyrics, those are fine

i can’t stand the music.. I don’t like the baseball game theme... the repetitive crowd noise literally pains my ears to listen to over and over..

I just don’t like how it sounds.. nothing to do with the lyrical content.. I would’ve preferred to hear her Mountain Dew jingle as a concert opener as opposed to SG....but maybe it’ll grow on me

3 hours ago, Dal said:

Dude im not even talking about the lyrics, those are fine

i can’t stand the music.. I don’t like the baseball game theme... the repetitive crowd noise literally pains my ears to listen to over and over..

I just don’t like how it sounds.. nothing to do with the lyrical content.. I would’ve preferred to hear her Mountain Dew jingle as a concert opener as opposed to SG....but maybe it’ll grow on me

I would agree with that if it were the music from the actual song itself, but it was clearly "rebooted" sorta speak for the tour because they made it sound more modern

26 minutes ago, John.... said:

I would agree with that if it were the music from the actual song itself, but it was clearly "rebooted" sorta speak for the tour because they made it sound more modern

That’s another thing... I didn’t think it felt “modern” at all (which actually doesn’t mean up-to-date... “contemporary” is the word I think you meant) 

..this new tour opening is her weakest yet.. sure the essence audience was pretty weak af to begin with, but her intro/entrance was nearly non-existent.. she just slowly appeared on the center stage platform where she walks down on BIU.. there wasn’t any lighting on her, no smoke, and of course no pyro.. 

yes the song sounded somewhat better but that’s because it was being played with live instruments... EVERY song sounds better live on stage, name one that doesn’t...you can’t.. I’m just disappointed because since I was saw MJ jump up out the stage and when Janet came through the book on stage I’ve always felt that a concert entrance sets the tone for the whole show and this is the lamest, weakest, entrance she’s had ever (except maybe the UCAP tour)

1 minute ago, Dal said:

That’s another thing... I didn’t think it felt “modern” at all (which actually doesn’t mean up-to-date... “contemporary” is the word I think you meant) 

..this new tour opening is her weakest yet.. sure the essence audience was pretty weak af to begin with, but her intro/entrance was nearly non-existent.. she just slowly appeared on the center stage platform where she walks down on BIU.. there wasn’t any lighting on her, no smoke, and of course no pyro.. 

yes the song sounded somewhat better but that’s because it was being played with live instruments... EVERY song sounds better live on stage, name one that doesn’t...you can’t.. I’m just disappointed because since I was saw MJ jump up out the stage and when Janet came through the book on stage I’ve always felt that a concert entrance sets the tone for the whole show and this is the lamest, weakest, entrance she’s had ever (except maybe the UCAP tour)

Im not going to touch that, I just pray you aint allegeric to negative points, because they coming -_-

3 minutes ago, John.... said:

Im not going to touch that, I just pray you aint allegeric to negative points, because they coming -_-

Lol idgaf bout no negatory points.. I’m not going to run to the Help forum and ask what people can do about those who give them minus points (I’m not Normandy)...

..but please tell me which part I said was a lie...

weakest. intro. ever. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Dal said:

Lol idgaf bout no negatory points.. I’m not going to run to the Help forum and ask what people can do about those who give them minus points (I’m not Normandy)...

..but please tell me which part I said was a lie...

weakest. intro. ever. 

I didnt like the outfit

• Upvote 1