New Dates Added - THE OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD 2 TOUR THREAD

I LOOOOOVE that she took the time out to talk about it. In defense of the "all the lyrics you see online are wrong"....remember when I said the songs production drowns her out? :coffee:

It'd be so cool if she re-worked it

Just a thought, this tour & "era before the era" would be perfect timing to do q mass online re-release like alot of icons & Legends have been doing with their catalogs through the years. Diana Ross & New Edition albums (and their solo albums)  on Spotify now have like between 18-30 tracks with b-sides, unreleased material, & official remixes....and unlike them, Janets tour supports that. But alas, everything shes performing can be found somewhere tho.

• Like 1

I'm interested in the fact she knows "diehards"  know cause Ive been saying "diehard" for a minute. Im glad she's choosing to follow a theme about a serious topic relevant to today. I suppose now when she releases new music maybe she will do another song addressing whats going on

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2018 at 9:36 PM, Angela said:

Y’all two need to knock this shit off and get off each other’s dicks. And while this may be a majority gay male forum, remember that it’s owned by a Black Woman. 

dayum...who have you read for me lately :lol:

On 7/16/2018 at 9:51 AM, Game For Now said:

State of the World 2:

What can I say!?!? Janet has never looked so good!! In the last three tours I’ve been to, Janet danced the hardest here! No more reviews of it being a “drag show”... she worked the crowd. I’m so proud of her

Yep, and this is why I said that she's back on the level of her "imperial" tour period (basically the Janet World Tour through All For You Tour).  She was close to it for State of the World part one, but on this tour, Janet is dancing just as hard as the kids, and giving ALL of the attitude.  You can tell she is really here for every moment.  

And DAMMN cuz the new single and the documentary haven't even dropped yet.  I'm scared y'all... sis is bout to give us some palpitations!!!!  ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

The fact that Janet was even aware that the lyrics online were wrong, shocked me ?? Janet really be up on her shit. I wouldn't even think she would have looked to see what her online lyrics were.. like...so random, in a good way lol

Janet pulled that song so far out the vault that she forgot the lyrics herself :asham: She probably had to look em up and was like “wait.. that is NOT the lyrics* :lol: 

I love that she knew that :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

The fact that Janet was even aware that the lyrics online were wrong, shocked me ?? Janet really be up on her shit. I wouldn't even think she would have looked to see what her online lyrics were.. like...so random, in a good way lol

I love her. She knows the lyrics are wrong but we still don’t know what she was saying in Go Deep at 3:57. I LIVE for this randomness lmao

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

The woke queen of pop sounds like she might be given us some more socially conscious bops when she releases her new album...

And

I

Here

For

It!

I love that she is speaking out and using her platform for serious topics...I mean she always has but it's nice to see her do it candidly on Instagram. 

• Upvote 1

I love how Janet's doing different dances at each show for That's the Way Love goes during the part where she mixes a song with it. For instance here at Essence she mixes Luther Vandross and does and old school dance. Then in the 2nd clip at the Rogers Arena she mixes Aaliyah and does another dance.

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, Dal said:

Skin Game is growing on me... but I still think it’s the worst tour opener she’s ever had, although the rest of the show makes up for the lacking intro

Now that, I will agree on. I don't care for it being an opener. Her entrance and that song... there's a disconnect. It's not grand enough imo. The first leg opener was so much betta 

• Like 1

Just now, janetDAYZ said:

Now that, I will agree on. I don't care for it being an opener. Her entrance and that song... there's a disconnect. It's not grand enough imo. The first leg opener was so much betta 

Thank ?? You ?? For ?? Agreeing ?? With ?? Me ??Because ?? I ?? Thought ?? I ?? Was ?? The ?? Only ?? One ?? 

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, JoeJoe said:

I love how Janet's doing different dances at each show for That's the Way Love goes during the part where she mixes a song with it. For instance here at Essence she mixes Luther Vandross and does and old school dance. Then in the 2nd clip at the Rogers Arena she mixes Aaliyah and does another dance.

How in the hell do they be able to remember they changed a certain dance part every night? I'd be so use to do it one way to where I would forget it's suppose to be sumtin else tonight lol 

8 minutes ago, Dal said:

Thank ?? You ?? For ?? Agreeing ?? With ?? Me ??Because ?? I ?? Thought ?? I ?? Was ?? The ?? Only ?? One ?? 

No, I juss been quiet about it cus I didn't want it to come off as a complaint ? cus I wasn't that annoyed by it to where I needed to log in here and point out my dislike for it. I feel since she changed the song opener ,her entrance shoulda change too..cus this one ain't it , not for Skin Game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

How in the hell do they be able to remember they changed a certain dance part every night? I'd be so use to do it one way to where I would forget it's suppose to be sumtin else tonight lol 

I know that's so crazy but I love it.

4 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

No, I juss been quiet about it cus I didn't want it to come off as a complaint ? cus I wasn't that annoyed by it to where I needed to log in here and point out my dislike for it. I feel since she changed the song opener ,her entrance shoulda change too..cus this one ain't it , not for Skin Game

Her entrance straight up sucks. Like girl you just gon stand there until the lights shine on you? That's boring af. It gives nothing. When I seen it I was looking just like this

madisonhuh_zpsunbghdwy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Right! They seem to change things at every other show...shit must be tiring just to remember, especially for the new dancer who didn't do the tour before.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Her entrance straight up sucks. Like girl you just gon stand there until the lights shine on you? That's boring af. It gives nothing. When I seen it I was looking just like this

I have to agree...its definitely underwhelming compared to Unbreakable and SOTW1. I was confused when I saw clips of Essence and assumed she would change it.

• Upvote 2