New Dates Added - THE OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD 2 TOUR THREAD

On 7/19/2018 at 6:04 AM, JoeJoe said:

I love how Janet's doing different dances at each show for That's the Way Love goes during the part where she mixes a song with it. For instance here at Essence she mixes Luther Vandross and does and old school dance. Then in the 2nd clip at the Rogers Arena she mixes Aaliyah and does another dance.

This one ins't that bad but since GTIG is my all time fav everything from her (dance,music,video,song,style...) i'll forever feel like nothing compares to mastepiece that is the original

tenor.gif

Review from Lancaster Online (of the Hershey, PA show)... 

"The production was an all-around blast, whether you were a die-hard Jackson fan who knew every word of “Skin Game” or someone who has just enjoyed her music casually over the years. Jackson’s State of the World Tour maintained the fine balance between paying tribute to one’s past while still making room for the present."

https://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/review-janet-jackson-brings-state-of-the-world-tour-to/article_75183778-8c9c-11e8-a44a-fb69afa6233b.html

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, vibeology said:

I have to agree...its definitely underwhelming compared to Unbreakable and SOTW1. I was confused when I saw clips of Essence and assumed she would change it.

in reflection, maybe she wants people to focus on the lyrics.

So no lie, I’ve been watching the ticket sales since this tour leg started, and i was legit worried about Charlotte. It’s been hovering around half full for a while, even up to a few days ago. Was also kinda worried that 2 North Carolina shows would cannabalize each other. 

But Janet put out those social media posts, and of course gave an EPIC performance in Raleigh. Them ticket sales SNAPPED UP so quick, and the House was nearly full before showtime. This shit is really happening!! Hats off to Janet and her incredible team... they’re getting the formula right on how to boost ticket sales. 

Will be interesting to see her boxscore numbers. 

15 hours ago, wayneashleymusic said:

So no lie, I’ve been watching the ticket sales since this tour leg started, and i was legit worried about Charlotte. It’s been hovering around half full for a while, even up to a few days ago. Was also kinda worried that 2 North Carolina shows would cannabalize each other. 

But Janet put out those social media posts, and of course gave an EPIC performance in Raleigh. Them ticket sales SNAPPED UP so quick, and the House was nearly full before showtime. This shit is really happening!! Hats off to Janet and her incredible team... they’re getting the formula right on how to boost ticket sales. 

Will be interesting to see her boxscore numbers. 

I really didn't think any of us were still paying attention to attendance this go round.... to be concerned with all that seems so last season 

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Looks like I was right. Mishay is no longer dancing for Janet. I think she's dancing for janelle now. 2nd leg is almost over already. 

The 2nd leg is almost over and you just now realized that ??‍♂️ Jesus

9 hours ago, Csmitty said:

Could u imagine the hstr if she actually did 17 siongs as suggested in the article .. Half of our Favs cut?!?!!? 

Nah... I prefer the way she’s doing it... although some songs could have been cut and others extended