Janet is filming MADE FOR NOW music video in NY

Dal

44 minutes ago, Utopia said:

ah please... nothing like COM <_<  This is actually giving me a 2018 escapade/When i think of you hybrid vibe :wub: 

the fashion has more of a direction, like the stylist built the looks and took time to pay attention to detail, COM was more of create a look thats edgy for the sake of being edgy

• Upvote 1

QUEEN is teaching us (and all the young ones) how to craft an ERA!!! She is rocking the plaid and the bold, stylish but comfortable look. Mama J is in a “Don’t Get Read, STAY Ready” mentality and I am forever here for it. We all know State of The World was indeed a new era, and the new music makes it official. But Janet took the time to craft a long transition and is using it to not only rally her long-waiting fans, but pick up some new ones along the way. We might be witnessing one of the greatest comebacks in pop culture history. 

8 hours ago, Utopia said:

THESE LEWKS . 

This better get a performance AND a video release at the vma ?

Her team was in NYC having meetings with a few labels... guess she doesn't wanna go independent for this album .

ummmm meetings with labels? :unsure:

Just now, Utopia said:

yeah, i saw it on twitter and read it on another forum . Not sure if it true BUT her team is doing everything right (so far) so it might :lol: 

my question would be what would the benefit be? I mean a label could take control of the overhead of a project, thus Janet doing videos that are a bit more expanded, but I dont know.

Just now, John.... said:

my question would be what would the benefit be? I mean a label could take control of the overhead of a project, thus Janet doing videos that are a bit more expanded, but I dont know.

They can push her and give her tour/album/single a whole lot of promo. A label = bigger budget .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Utopia said:

They can push her and give her tour/album/single a whole lot of promo. A label = bigger budget .

that's what I thought but the balance on that means less creative control over things, if the label is paying for it they will have a greater say in how "it" is done

8 minutes ago, John.... said:

that's what I thought but the balance on that means less creative control over things, if the label is paying for it they will have a greater say in how "it" is done

But considering Janet isn’t just a veteran artist but a legend that has been in the business for 4 straight decades, I’d think they’d give her more creative control than other artists though! ?

• Like 1

Just now, Lenzo88 said:

But considering Janet isn’t just a veteran artist but a legend that has been in the business for 4 straight decades, I’d think they’d give her more creative control than other artists though! ?

absolutely she can negotiate something that works, besides she's been a label artist before and seen where things did not work, so negotiating from a place of experience is only going to benefit Janet

2 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Last time she was with a label LA happened :lol:  It's all speculation anyway .