Janet is filming MADE FOR NOW music video in NY

Dal

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

STCML cracked the top three.

Everything I said was correct: STCML is Janet’s last MOST successful single. 

A Top 20 hit is cute tho 

We know who produced that song Bailey. 

but not her last successful single, let's contain the discussion to MOST recent ONLY, cause if you wanna go there, AFY was Janet's last MOST successful single that hit number 1 in the 21st century :rolleyes:

like what are you trying to argue about?

That there are other Janet  dance video's better than TPP? That's not what I said.

The "Of All Time" line is getting old? Ok so what if it is? 

Point is that TTP isn't produced by TT &JL and still is one of her best singles, and one of the best dance video's of all time.

So there goes that theory that Janet can NOT make great music without them, she's proved a few times that she can, if you don't like them that's your issue.

Whether it's successful or not is a different story because just as many non JJ&TL songs that didn't so well, there are just as many if not more songs by them that didn't so well as well and the her LAST successful single was "Feedback" which cracked the Top 20 which is a moderate success, but nonetheless STILL a success.

They don't call it the "Top 40" for no reason hun'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

like what are you trying to argue about?

That there are other Janet video's better than TPP? That's not what I said.

The "Of All Time" line is getting old? Ok so what if it is?

Point is that TTP isn't produced by TT &JL and still is one of her best singles, and one of the best dance video's of all time.

So there goes that theory that Janet can NOT make great music without them, she's proved a few times that she can, if you don't like them that's your issue.

Whether it's successful or not is a different story because just as many non JJ&TL songs that didn't so well, there are just as many if not more songs by them that didn't so well as well.

and Bingo was his name-O :filenails:

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

TPP isn’t even Janets best song on Control. Please stop 

another subjective opinion, not including facts like the video made JLo want to get into this business, or the multiple copy cat versions that have come since that ground breaking video was released

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John.... said:

another subjective opinion, not including facts like the video made JLo want to get into this business, or the multiple copy cat versions that have come since that ground breaking video was released

Or it's one of the video's that were used to honor her during the MTV & BET icon performances

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

Or it's one of the video's that were used to honor her during the MTV & BET icon performances

Or that it was the tour opener on two World tours..... UCAP, and Rock Witchu or the opening number at the BBMA during 20YO...these are facts for those that do not understand what facts are

2lNEQ63.gif

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity I went to Daddy’s Yankee’s YouTube channel and saw that his Dura video from 6mos ago already has close to 1 BILLION views and is colorful af, which lowkey reminds me of her BBMA performance color scheme.. plus there’s a ton of shirtless dudes in this video so idk bout the whole “homophobic” argument ?.. but as I was forcing myself to listen to the song I was thinking I could potentially see Janet involved in something like this, as long as he’s clearly presented as the featured artist to her main artist status.. it could be really cool and fresh and fun!

ok now that I said that and got that out the way imma be ?.. I don’t like it ?.. I mean I’ll reserve judgement til I heard/seen’t it in full but yea ..point blank atm I don’t like it ??‍♂️ .. I mean Daddy Yankeeee?! ?? 

But yea legit can’t wait this is exciting Legendary Janet Jackson and daddy yankee... lets get this hit song!

CHILE ... Daddy Yankee is pretty BIG in the latin countries :lol:  Like... you can't escape that dura song over here :lol: If she wanted a latin collab then Danny Ocean would be better but... let's see where this goes. It might just be a remix and nothign else.

This seems to be a FUN era for her. LOVE the colors of the costumes 

• Like 1

Oooh Lawd been reading all of this without comments, so here's what I have saved up...  

IF Janet is going the direction of "Throb" and coming through with an upbeat, dancetastic new single, I will be a very happy fan!!!  In 36 years, the one and only Ms. Jackson has delivered some of the most legendary dance club joints of our time, and she has yet to disappoint me on that front.  ?

As for the charts, a 20th Number one of the Dance Club songs chart would be awesome, but I'm not too worried about the Hot 100.  It's kind of overly rigged towards a few select rap stars that are streaming era behemoths.  If Ariana Grande can't land a number one song with the EPIC video for God Is A Woman, it doesn't seem like many others can break through.  But whatever, because Janet's already has 10 number ones across 3 decades.  If another one happens, great!!  If not, cool.  

TOO EXCITED for the SOTW kids!!  They've worked so hard and have come a long way since I first saw some of them on the Unbreakable World Tour.  I love how caring and protective they've become of Janet, and they totally understand the legacy that they are carrying on their shoulders now.  How awesome it will be to (hopefully) see them dancing alongside Muva in a new video.  I have true respect for them all.  ???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1