Demi Lovato Hospitalized after Heroin Overdose

33 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

She's been an addict almost the entire time she has been a "star" in and out of rehab etc.

Hope she finally gets clean before she kills herself

Really? I don't follow her but I never realised and didn't know it was public knowledge? Im conflicted about the issue of addiction but its sad particularly living it in the public eye.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:30 AM, vibeology said:

Really? I don't follow her but I never realised and didn't know it was public knowledge? Im conflicted about the issue of addiction but its sad particularly living it in the public eye.

I didnt know either, because I dont follow her

On 7/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, vibeology said:

Apparently it stems from abuse she went through during her Disney days. 

It’s sad that Hollywood is rife with addiction. It shows money doesn’t buy happiness. I see celebs like Demi and think how easy it is to get into it but then I see people like Janet who also went through shit and wonder how she never turned to drugs - and she started earlier and had a bigger career therefore more pressure/stress. I think a large part of it can come down to the company you keep - see Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan circa 200-whenever. Rumour has it Demi’s dancer hooked her up with the drug. 

Demi was “sober” for 6 years. That’s a long time imo. Something must have happened for her to fall back into it. That’s why some say it’s like a disease. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bu. said:

It’s sad that Hollywood is rife with addiction. It shows money doesn’t buy happiness. I see celebs like Demi and think how easy it is to get into it but then I see people like Janet who also went through shit and wonder how she never turned to drugs - and she started earlier and had a bigger career therefore more pressure/stress. I think a large part of it can come down to the company you keep - see Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan circa 200-whenever. Rumour has it Demi’s dancer hooked her up with the drug. 

Demi was “sober” for 6 years. That’s a long time imo. Something must have happened for her to fall back into it. That’s why some say it’s like a disease. 

my first thoughts tend to be the right ones, and from what we know Michael spent a great deal of time schooling Janet, about money, fame, and whatever else, during the start of her career and even up until the SB he gave advice, he told her to stop apologizing. I think Janet had a solid sense of what to avoid and she had no interest in it. I also believe we can all agree Janet has kept her "circle" very small and consistent, we know people that have worked for her since she was a child. I recall Janet herself saying in an interview about people coming around "you can't fake it forever" she's savvy about that kinda thing.

Now as for Demi and anyone else in that situation, drug abuse is serious, heroin use is the worst  I can think of, I mean we know stars that died with needles in their arms. Hopefully she will get past this.

So new tea on the street Michelle Williams checked herself into treatment for depression, so as you said money doesn't buy happiness because she's got it I saw the story online and it just reminded me how mental health issues are dealt with so poorly because there's a stigma out there attached to saying you're depressed, or bipolar or whatever else is an actual legit condition

2 hours ago, bu. said:

Janet made the choice to not do drugs

People enjoy putting Addiction and Mental illness together. I disagree. Drugs are a choice. That person chose to stick a needle in their arm or snort a line or smoke a spoon.

1 hour ago, John.... said:

my first thoughts tend to be the right ones, and from what we know Michael spent a great deal of time schooling Janet, about money, fame, and whatever else, during the start of her career and even up until the SB he gave advice, he told her to stop apologizing. I think Janet had a solid sense of what to avoid and she had no interest in it. I also believe we can all agree Janet has kept her "circle" very small and consistent, we know people that have worked for her since she was a child. I recall Janet herself saying in an interview about people coming around "you can't fake it forever" she's savvy about that kinda thing.

Now as for Demi and anyone else in that situation, drug abuse is serious, heroin use is the worst  I can think of, I mean we know stars that died with needles in their arms. Hopefully she will get past this.

So new tea on the street Michelle Williams checked herself into treatment for depression, so as you said money doesn't buy happiness because she's got it I saw the story online and it just reminded me how mental health issues are dealt with so poorly because there's a stigma out there attached to saying you're depressed, or bipolar or whatever else is an actual legit condition

MJ started doing drugs after his 20 surgeries. He chose his fate

38 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

People enjoy putting Addiction and Mental illness together. I disagree. Drugs are a choice. That person chose to stick a needle in their arm or snort a line or smoke a spoon.

when you put it like that though :mellow:   ...well what about people more prone to addiction? I was watching Jada Pinkett Smith on some interview and she said she has had several addictions in her life, sex, working out ......what I am going for here is in some of us we may tend to be more prone to addiction and thrill seeking like some of us are more prone to getting breast cancer :unsure:

36 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

MJ started doing drugs after his 20 surgeries. He chose his fate

he chose to not allow others to help him and those that were around were guilty of complacency ...but becoming addicted to prescription drugs is the number 1 addiction going now

1 hour ago, John.... said:

when you put it like that though :mellow:   ...well what about people more prone to addiction? I was watching Jada Pinkett Smith on some interview and she said she has had several addictions in her life, sex, working out ......what I am going for here is in some of us we may tend to be more prone to addiction and thrill seeking like some of us are more prone to getting breast cancer :unsure:

Prone to addiction? ??‍♂️ Sure. But It’s still a choice..

Addiction to sex is made up by men

Addiction isn’t a disease like cancer... you don’t choose to get cancer. 

Addiction could “run in the family” but it’s still a choice.

4 hours ago, bu. said:

Say no more 

54 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Prone to addiction? ??‍♂️ Sure. But It’s still a choice..

Addiction to sex is made up by men

Addiction isn’t a disease like cancer... you don’t choose to get cancer. 

Addiction could “run in the family” but it’s still a choice.

I dont think addiction is something people chose, especially knowing the outcome, family disappointed at the least taken at the worst, money gone, stealing, loss of reputation, I do believe some of us are more prone to substance abuse, like alcoholism, which science proves, does have a genetic basis, much like breast cancer :coffee:

37 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont think addiction is something people chose, especially knowing the outcome, family disappointed at the least taken at the worst, money gone, stealing, loss of reputation, I do believe some of us are more prone to substance abuse, like alcoholism, which science proves, does have a genetic basis, much like breast cancer :coffee:

Addition isn’t a choice. Doing drugs is a choice. I choose not to gamble.. I choose not to get another tattoo yet.. I choose to smoke cigarettes and drink when I want and smoke Mary Jane allegedly... those are choices

People choose to to do drugs. The drugs don’t magically show up after some life event. 

7 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Drugs is a choice. Addiction isn’t. Not all addicts can apparently just stop. See smokers. It’s takes discipline I guess, which many lack. 

• Upvote 1