A look at all the songs Janet's performed/promoted from her discog

jarrylf

All of the songs below have either been performed or have a video with her in it

Janet Jackson 1982.png

1. Young Love

2. Say You Do

3. Come Give Your Love To Me

4. The Magic Is Working (Different Strokes)

(4 songs not performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson Dream Street.png

1. Don't Stand Another Chance

2. Dream Street

3. Two To The Power Of Love (Fame)

4. Fast Girls (1 time on Soul Train, she performed it as her 2nd song, clip existed in the Myspace days, havent seen it since source:http://www.tv.com/shows/soul-train/janet-jackson-beau-williams-114473/ )

* Start Anew- Japanese Commercial

(4 songs not performed/Promoted)

A young woman poses in front of a red background. She is wearing a long black button-up jacket with matching gloves, pants and headdress. The headdress flips her black hair forward over the right side of her face. To her left is a blue trapezoid that tapers downward, and reads "Janet Jackson" above it and "Control" below.

1. What Have You Done For Me Lately

2. Nasty

3. When I Think Of You

4. Control

5. Let's Wait A While

6. The Pleasure Principle

7. Funny How Time Flies

(Only 2 songs not performed/promoted)

A young woman photographed in black and white wears an all-black, military-styled uniform accented by silver-plated accessories. A spotlight shines on her face. To her left reads the text "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814".

1. Miss You Much

2. Rhythm Nation

3. Escapade

4. Alright

5. Come Back To Me

6. Black Cat

7. Love Will Never Do

8. State Of The World

9. The Knowledge 

*The Skin Game

(Only 2 album tracks never performed/promoted)

Janetperiod1993.png

1. That's The Way Love Goes

2. If

3. Again

4. Because Of Love

5. Anytime, Anyplace

6. You Want This

7. Whoops Now

8. Throb

9. This Time

10. What'll I do

11. New Agenda

12. Where Are You Now

13. The Body That Loves You

(only 1 song never performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson Design of a Decade.png

* Runaway

* Twenty Foreplay

Janet Jackson The Velvet Rope.png

1. Got Til It's Gone

2. Together Again

3. I get Lonely

4. Go Deep

5. You

6. Everytime

7. Whatabout

8.The Velvet Rope

9. Rope Burn

10. Special

(5 Songs Not performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson - All for You (album).png

1. Doesn't Really Matter

2. All For You

3. Someone To Call My Lover

4. Son Of A Gun

5. Come on Get Up

6. You Ain't Right

7. When We Ooo

8. Would You Mind

9. Trust A Try

10. Truth

11. Feels So Right

(3 songs not performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson - Damita Jo.png

1. Just A Little While

2. I Want You

3. All Night

4. R&B Junkie

5. Strawberry Bounce

6. Spending Time With You

7. Island Life

(8 songs not performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson 20 Y.O..png

1. Call On Me

2. So Excited

(10 Songs not performed)

Janet Jackson Discipline.png

1. Feedback

2. Rock Witchu

3. Luv

4. So Much Betta

5. Never Letchu Go

6. Discipline

(7 songs not performed/promoted)

Janet Jackson - Icon.jpg

*Make Me

*Nothing

Janet Jackson - Unbreakable (Official Album Cover).png

1. No Sleeep

2. Unbreakable

3. Damn Baby

4. Burnitup

5. Should've Known Better

6. After You Fall

7. Night

8. Black Eagle

9. Well Traveled 

(8 Songs not performed/promoted)

OTHERS

*Diamonds

*2300 Jackson Street

*The Best Things In Life Are Free

*Scream

*What's It Gonna Be

*Girlfriend/Boyfriend

*Ask For More (commercial)

*Feel It Boy

*We Are The World 25

She's now performed/promoted about every single song she's released as a single (promo & official). And what's really cool to me is that she did alot of the songs listed in the last 10 yrs & the last 4 tours, this is what I always wanted, her performing songs from her back catalog & acknowledging some of her eras years later just for us die-hards that have connections to the albums beyond the singles & videos & promo. I'm VERY pleased that she's performed damn near the whole janet. happy, I wish she'd perform the 3 songs on RN she hasn't yet. It's funny she's performed SO little from 20 Y.O :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Game For Now said:

Maybe Show Me... maybe 

I would love it if (like an example would be with that) she did lil moments and sections as breakdowns, like she did at the AMA's with some album tracks, some don't need a whole 1st verse & chorus, the way she did with You Want This for like 3-4 tours, throw a lil moment at us from a lesser-known track that has some moments un-used

• Upvote 2

Just now, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

Take Care, Do It 2 Me, Enjoy

?

Those are my top 3 of the album and I"d live for them all live, but I'd settle for JUST ENJOY, we came close at RWU, it was the closing credits to the screen. I asked Gil about it in Chicago during #1's he agreed, he said that he's been pushing that, and she loves it too, but it always ends up getting axed when they're shaping the setlist.

14 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Those are my top 3 of the album and I"d live for them all live, but I'd settle for JUST ENJOY, we came close at RWU, it was the closing credits to the screen. I asked Gil about it in Chicago during #1's he agreed, he said that he's been pushing that, and she loves it too, but it always ends up getting axed when they're shaping the setlist.

To be fair, she stuck to the script with RWUt... she didn’t start venturing out until Number Ones and she eased into it. 

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

To be fair, she stuck to the script with RWUt... she didn’t start venturing out until Number Ones and she eased into it. 

Nah i count RWU as the start, cause thats when she started reaching back into singles (not album tracks yet). But think about it, for TVR & AFY she didnt really do past singles that weren't hits (with the exception of Throb on TVR). But RWU brought back You Want This & reached back for tour debut of the pre-control songs, & the live debut of Funny How Time Flies.

To your point tho she only did the singles of DJ & 20

Thinking about that convo in Chicago with Gil takes me back to 1 of our Tinychat convos (those were the days) where back before the #1s tour he said basically he really wanted her to do album tracks, but said she always kinda had a "But only the die-hards would know that, everyone else would be confused" attitude....that...makes me so appreciative of where she is now! She gets it the casual fans that dont know it will be interested! Ive seen it! And SO many songs above we all as diehards doubted we'd ever see her acknowledge let alone perform live. 

• Upvote 1

If she ever did a slow segment that went  Lonely => Better Days => Enjoy => Daybreak   I literally think my mental health would be in DANGER :yahoo: 

But wow, reading all of this, I am STRUCK by how much she TRULY cares about her fans, and putting on a quality show.  

What Craig Jenkins said of Janet today in Vulture is absolutely on point... 

"The State of the World tour, like Janet’s 2015 comeback album Unbreakable, sees a singer with hits in four decades toying with the unspoken rules of how to carry her career into her 50s. She’s not a greatest-hits revue, as is the temptation for any artist with enough great songs to tour for life. She isn’t turning into a jukebox of oldies and standards, as aging rock guys like Michael McDonald, Rod Stewart, and the Rolling Stones recently have in their own ways. She’s not coldly courting what’s hot, the way the last few albums by her peer on the ’80s and ’90s pop charts Madonna has, to a mix of critical trepidation and commercial success. Like Prince and Bowie in their latter years, Janet is treating her catalogue like a little universe of her own creation, revisiting memorable terrain and crafting new works that feel both refreshing and comfortingly familiar. It’s a precarious balance, but Janet, a star whose motto is “control” — control of her pop career, control of her public image, control of her press cycle, control of her sexuality — makes it look like a blast."

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/janet-jacksons-catalogue-is-a-universe-of-her-own-creation.html  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

All she needs to do now is "Lonely" and "Do It 2 Me" ...TAKE ME OUT OF MY FUCKING MISERY JANET!! IM READY.

"Someday Is Tonight" would even sound good live, can you imagine those saxophone parts at the end,live? OMG

Her slow section would be Lonely, Someday Is Tonight, Funny How Time Flies...?

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2018 at 12:01 AM, God said:

What I'd give for "Can't Be Stopped" :cry: 

Can't B Stopped and New Agenda would've SLAYED at Essence Fest.  For all the incredible things Janet and her team do achieve with the State of the World tour, I do think they could do a better job of tailoring to different audiences.  MOST performers could never, but Janet is world-class and doesn't get phased by a quick change of one or two songs.  

I think for SOTW2, I would keep Escapade in the permanent set list, and had songs like New Agenda, Black Cat and Black Eagle at the wayside.  Those would've played well/ would play well in your younger festival setting like Panorama or Outside Lands.