Billboard: Here’s Why Janet Jackson is The Superior Jackson

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/hot-100-turns-60/8468143/janet-jackson-outranks-michael-top-100-artists-hot-100?utm_source=twitter

:coffee: 

[MJ] got a head start -- so why does [JJ] narrowly outrank him on the list of the top-performing artists in Hot 100 history? (She’s No. 7; he’s No. 8.) Michael boasts 13 No. 1s among his 30 top 10s, both higher sums than Janet’s respective totals of 10 and 27. (Michael’s numbers reflect only his solo career, not the four No. 1s, among 11 top 10s, that he earned as a member of The Jacksons & [J5]

But the more weeks an artist spends in the chart’s upper echelons, the better his or her all-time tally, and Janet has racked up 219 weeks in the top 10 compared with Michael’s 183. Between the two, Janet has also spent the most time at No. 1 with any single: “That’s the Way Love Goes” ruled for eight weeks in 1993, topping the career-best seven-week reigns of Michael’s “Billie Jean” in 1983 and “Black or White” in 1991 and 1992. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

The fact that Billboard had to go as far as explaining why she's above him, tells me MJ's fans were steaming pressed in Billboard's mentions and comments section on the article. I'm sure it eats them alive that she's one place above him. :lmao:

:lmao: FOREVER!!!!

2 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

The fact that Billboard had to go as far as explaining why she's above him, tells me MJ's fans were steaming pressed in Billboard's mentions and comments section on the article. I'm sure it eats them alive that she's one place above him. :lmao:

I wont even fuck with the comments I've read all that mattered -_-  I do have one issue here, and I see there's a campaign going with media and articles about Janet, the issue here is Janet would never consider her own success to match that of her brothers, nor would she bother comparing them. I appreciate articles that don't focus on anyone else BUT Janet and what she alone has achieved, to me that is the best ran campaign any management can do...."when you compare, someone has to win and someone has to lose"

This article is really a shame tbh.  This was a separate article to explain why Janet was above Michael on this list. :sigh:  The misogyny/sexism of it all tbh.  And his rabid fans were probably the cause of it.

It was unnecessary but they provided receipts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

This article is really a shame tbh.  This was a separate article to explain why Janet was above Michael on this list. :sigh:  The misogyny/sexism of it all tbh.  And his rabid fans were probably the cause of it.

It was unnecessary but they provided receipts. 

I don’t think it was sexism or misogyny involved. I just think is fans are butt hurt ? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

On Billboard's part, yeah it was. There shouldn't have been an explanation.  And yes, the fans are butt hurt.

Some things need explaining. Explaining to people who persistently asked the same question over and over isn’t sexism or misogyny. Billboard stated their facts and sources. They showed reciepts.  And You know how MJ Wackos are. Now imagining being bombarded with emails and questions as to why MJ is a lessor. And Now they know so the questioning should decrease and eventually stop 

Now if this article was made out of the blue then sure... you can maybe call it sexism but c’mon.. Billboard didn’t write this to please Janet or her fans... they wrote this solely to shut down the Wackos

• Like 1