Janet to Headline Global Citizen Festival

J.

22 minutes ago, Csmitty said:

This gets aired on TV right?! 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Nah but I think you can stream it. 

You’re both right 

https://www.today.com/news/2018-global-citizen-festival-lineup-has-been-announced-t135069

Can't make it to Central Park? Don't worry — the event will be broadcast live on MSNBC and streamed on MSNBC.com.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ontologicalummah said:

I hope a pic of her and Janelle comes out of this. Also lowkey mad this announcement came after panorama when this event is potentially free and hopefully without the mud 

You were there as well? Panorama was a bitter sweet experience. I refused to "get up" and jump in the mug during together again lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dal said:

Do artists usually just do a performance (5-10min) or is this like Coachella where they do an entire set?

They do a set, though it'll probably be a shortened.  I want to say JayZ's set was an hour.  

I watched it on MSNBC, but they do a TON of cut-aways and kind of dip in and out.  Live streaming is probably the way to go.  

And I JUST downloaded my Global Citizen app.  I can get to NYC if I earn them FREE tickets.  Global Citizen is such a great fit for Janet as an artist.  Even if all of the #JanFam can't make it, we should participate in some of the app challenges.  

1 hour ago, GTIG said:

You were there as well? Panorama was a bitter sweet experience. I refused to "get up" and jump in the mug during together again lol.

Yes, I still jumped but I definitely hesitated. My shoes were already ruined so I said what the hell lol

i loved panorama because it’s the closest I’ve been to Janet and the crowd but lord that damn mud and the smell was too much. Only for Janet lol