Gil Tells Stories Through Janet Jackson’s ‘State of the World’ Tour Performances

Bailey

24 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

We've heard this before in the last interview he did. The only thing different this time is he said the show tells a "story" 

He said that in the last interview too if I remember correctly

Does this interview contain new information? No. But it’s still interesting that she’s performing songs that evolve around her current life 

40 minutes ago, John.... said:

^ she's squinting hard though which when I first saw the pic I thought she DOES need glasses, like most of the Jacksons they seem to have bad eyesight

Everybody squints when reading little ass messages including myself. Joe Jackson didn't need glasses and neither does latoya or rebbie. Sometimes glasses are worn for a certain look. Janet has never had bad eyesight. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, GTIG said:

Sorry! To me, he takes too much credit ....

Well, someone has to. Janet refuses to talk or give her own self credit for what she does. Her modesty is why a lot of people don’t give her credit for writing and producing her own music. It almost always goes to Jimmy and Terry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

Everybody squints when reading little ass messages including myself. Joe Jackson didn't need glasses and neither does latoya or rebbie. Sometimes glasses are worn for a certain look. Janet has never had bad eyesight. 

not according to Gil.....he says her eyesight isn't good

1 hour ago, John.... said:

not according to Gil.....he says her eyesight isn't good

Nobody here takes Gil's statements seriously. He's lied before and been very unprofessional plenty of times. If she really needed glasses she would've put them on. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Her Best friend of 20+ years >>> you

She wears glasss ??‍♂️

I wasn't going to argue the point but just before Unbreakable I thought to myself why does she not have Lasix or whatever to help cause she was wearing glasses in everything we saw

6 hours ago, Game For Now said:

That’s what happens when you’re creative director.. he literally made the show (with Janet)

Totally understand however, the article come across as if Janets involvement is slim to none. 

6 minutes ago, GTIG said:

Totally understand however, the article come across as if Janets involvement is slim to none. 

Eh I think we’re reading two different stories. They mentioned Janet and Gil working together multiple time alongside the music director 

He’s just doing his job. Period 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GTIG said:

I doubt that highly, if anything I feel its the opposite, she has a team, it's like filming a movie, she cannot be the camera man, the key grip, the stunt person, the director, and the actress all at once, she has to communicate with all of those people to share her vision and what she wants to convey. I have zero doubts in my mind songs like What About came back to the stage because that was Janet's truth to speak in that moment, songs like Skin Game to be an intro? That's all Janet speaking her truth again, I'm surprised after that Qatar tweet over that airline she doesn't have a feminist song, she needs one and right now this is the perfect time to speak on issues relating to women and being treated less

7 minutes ago, John.... said:

I wasn't going to argue the point but just before Unbreakable I thought to myself why does she not have Lasix or whatever to help cause she was wearing glasses in everything we saw

That’s elective. She can wear contacts or nothing at all. It’s her choice 

Just now, Game For Now said:

Recovery is overnight. It’s an out patient procedure 

In most cases, we dont know what she may need nor what if anything can correct, it is an out patient procedure if its as simple as correcting the cornea or if it's something more we dont know