Janet Jackson Week On SiriusXM's The Groove starts August 17th

MorganR

2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

This is true.

Pathetic

gurl when any Kardashian is all the rage some shit went off the rails ....famous for what? :unsure:   look at my ass pics, look at my diamonds, oh shit they came and held me at gun point and took my diamonds, dont look at me -_-  I am beautiful in every single way, talent cant be found...ohhhhh nooooo, so dont you tie me down todaayyyyyyy..... -_-

1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

I kinda like that Daddy Yankee is out here promoting the single right along with her....with all them right elements I don't see why it wouldn't at least be a top 20 hit or even reach higher

the kids yo, its all about the kids, you gotta get them on board but promo is not an issue right now she's out there

3 minutes ago, John.... said:

the kids yo, its all about the kids, you gotta get them on board but promo is not an issue right now she's out there

The thing is Daddy Yankee is not only internationally popular but thanks to songs like Despacito, he was able to connect with young audiences too. Radio don’t mean much anymore when it’s all about digital downloads, the views on YouTube when it comes to the music video and of course, streaming! 

Honeslty, with the team Janet has for this era, I don’t see their campaign failing...It’s very organized so far and we are just about to witness it all begin! Fingers crossed though! ?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lenzo88 said:

The thing is Daddy Yankee is not only internationally popular but thanks to songs like Despacito, he was able to connect with young audiences too. Radio don’t mean much anymore when it’s all about digital downloads, the views on YouTube when it comes to the music video and of course, streaming! 

Honeslty, with the team Janet has for this era, I don’t see their campaign failing...It’s very organized so far and we are just about to witness it all begin! Fingers crossed though! ?

okay let's hope for the best, I mean "Feedback" was amazing and broke top 20 with no radio support

12 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

My nephew who just turned three was obsessed with Despacito...whenever I was forced to watch him and couldn't deal with his outburst...I would put on that song and it would calm him down, do you know how much money I saved on NyQuil?!:huh:...I fucks with Daddy Yankee because of that. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

My nephew who just turned three was obsessed with Despacito...whenever I was forced to watch him and couldn't deal with his outburst...I would put on that song and it would calm him down, do you know how much money I saved on NyQuil?!:huh:...I dicks with Daddy Yankee because of that. ^_^

you in rare form tonight :lol:   I would have given him a clonzapam -_-  "want some candy?" :excited:

tumblr_n4id8mc2rV1r3gb3zo4_400.gif

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Her team has worked with Beyoncé too 

6 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Oh for the love of God! Don’t release this album out of no where on ITunes!!! ???

Janet's smarter than that, not to say Beyonce isn't because that move was hot, thing Im saying is Beyonce has kinda owned that move so Janet doing it wouldn't be a good look IMO

• Upvote 1

I know they won’t play any Pre-Control Janet songs since they weren’t hits but since I’ve been having my own Janethon before “Made For Gods” comes out, I’ve been really feeling the last 3 songs of “Dreamstreet”!!!! ??

”Hold Back The Tears” is really good! Like the background singers coming in during the chorus. Back before Janet discovered her immpeccable ability to harmonize!

”All My Love To You” is pretty good but sounds too “Thriller” to me to enjoy it more than that.

”If Takes All Night” is...kind of sexy! ???❤️ The video for this at the time could have been controversational for her being so young at the time but I get this sleazy R&B vibe from it. Like Janet being all sexy and risqué in a nightclub.

• Upvote 1

I personally feel Daddy Yankee was a wild card. Daddy Yankee as a collaborator is likely to appeal to an international market more than it is to expect a chart topper. While I believe they would like a song that charts it seems more about strengthening another market. 

Despacito was so good because it was unintentional. They NEVER thought it would do as well in the American market. So it’s not necessarily a “guarantee” or formula. 

MFN is already very commercial & pop-ish, trust me you will see very soon. Janet COULD have gone with someone like Cardi B or Bruno to guarantee numbers but she went very international for a reason. It throws it for a loop. But we have a good amount of things to come. 

I'm out here visiting my family inTexas for our family reunion and a few of them have satellite radio in their cars. I got surprised at how many of them love Janet. They had it on channel 50 everytime we got in the car and didn't change the station when Janet was coming on back to back. In fact some of them were singing along including a drunk 50yr old cousin in the back seat singing "Alright" along with Janet?  Later call on me came on and my aunt was like "ooo who is this singing?" And i'm like "that's Janet" then she tried to play it off talking about yeah I know but who is that singing with her? I'm like "that's Nelly". The song is almost over and she while snapping her fingers to the beat she says "ooo I like this song, is it new? And I'm like "it came out in 2006" and everybody in the cars starts laughing ?

• Upvote 2