MorganR

Made For Now Music Video

It's gorgeous!  The song has hit all over it that beat, OMG Daddy Yankee really adds to this track, I'm looking at you Missy -_- The colors, it's the fabrics the Iconic Queen on the roof top I think somewhere I have some African shells to rock and I know a own a few Milk crates :excited:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dal said:

I like it.. the song, the video, the looks... it’s pretty awesome.. even her personal trainer lady got a couple cameos in..

minor complaint (other than the camera shots being way too quick imo) is that during Janet’s opening line, the camera was focused on some little girls dancing and NOT janet.. I don’t like how it didn’t even show Janet until her second line.. but really that is nitpicking.. overall, so far so good 👍🏼 

come thru Paulette show us yo dunk serve London imported fitness teas to the masses :excited:  I have no complaints about the video nor the song, I LOVE it! :wub:

• Like 1

okay I mad about one thing, I had a haircut appointment which goes for 20 bucks standard plus tip, now I have to cancel that and schedule a skin graft instead which Im certain costs more thanks Jan 😕

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

AN(DS) is trash compared to MFN 

Fight me

The choreo can’t be denied though

• Like 1

My smoke detectors in the house made sure I caught the video in the middle of the night! All of them in the house just went dead one by one within 5 minutes.. The video gods said tgou shall wake to see Janet's video!! 

Great video.. Probably not overly expensive, doesn't take huge money for food video .. Glad to see her put more effort into her videos. I think her old team probably didn't see the neccesity in investing in videos  but for the type of artist she is they have to treat at it as a loss leader. She may never get the full benefit from it but her brand demands it. 

I actually love the pace of the and look of the video. It's off beat a bit and it's very unique. Great addition to her tapestry. This should spawn a ton of remixes. So looking forward to those (coming from a rNb Janet fan) 

• Like 1

styling, wardrobe, and getting those extras probably made this video cost more than any she's done in about 8 years, but the investment into the song and the looks in the video makes it something people will hear about and want to see

• Like 1

the song is at number 7 on Itunes, and the rest is dominated by Aretha Franklin, God rest her soul that woman did so much and sang in so many different styles, she's done opera

They are playing it on Soanish networks, my cousins just saw it and told me about it Bc of Daddy Yankee

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

39279392_288919325046335_1883191568425287680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&oh=d23b92af9e77e61eb903adb35eb41762&oe=5BEDC0C0

that look was just heaven I wish there was more of it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, John.... said:

that look was just heaven I wish there was more of it

Right. The white outfit with the snakeskin exaggerated belt was cute but this look has iconic written all over it

• Like 1

What I Love
- It's catchy and makes me want to dance!
- The production is Afrobeat/Afropop, the direction Soca music has gone in the last few years. I can hear this at Carnival and in zumba class!
- The video reminds me of Together Again, but happier and more modern. Love the choreography and outfits.
- I love how fast the video is and the amount of visuals/costume changes. 
- Her vocals are just fine. I like how the song is constructed, though it does seem to end quickly. 
- Daddy Yankee looks SEXY!

What I Dislike
- I shouldn't have read the comments of fans opinions on the song/video before seeing/hearing it for myself, it definitely put me in a bad mood. I almost expected disappointment.

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Right. The white outfit with the snakeskin exaggerated belt was cute but this look has iconic written all over it

maybe there's a remix coming, someone email Dave Meyers and tell him I said to go back to the cutting room floor and give us more roof top

anyway in other news I just somewhere Gil is arguing with fans online :sigh:  Now because I didnt see it I can't confirm

What I love most is this is already looking like an iconic era visually!!! Such a MAJOR contrast from the low key, demure era of “Unbreakable”!

So vibrant, colorful, cheery but very inspiring and classy! I’m SOOOOO here for it!!! 😃😃😃☺️☺️☺️

Album coming in the fall according to her BBC Radio interview (from janet.club)

13 minutes ago, J. said:

Album coming in the fall according to her BBC Radio interview (from janet.club)

Expected but official confirmation got me like....😫😫😫😫❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭😭

Eh... so far I don’t like it as much as anything on the Unbreakable album.

Fight me. 😎

I love that all these years later Janet is still making music videos that make you have to rewatch it so many times just to notice the small things that Janet and her music video directors will sneak into a video. In "Made For Now" during the quick pan to the roof top scene the side of the building is covered with Janet murals. You might not notice it at first but after re-watching the music video it is like you can't miss it: 

VDUKLqY.pngfhMuktQ.jpgdTUL8Rj.png
  • Upvote 5

^^^ I didnt notice that :good:so wait we have to watch all those fast camera tricks for hidden stuff :unsure:

well I think it should be noted that Janet has really embraced dancers of all sizes and shown us that an artist of her caliber, can open doors for those that may be told they werent good enough as they were

4 minutes ago, John.... said:

^^^ I didnt notice that :good:so wait we have to watch all those fast camera tricks for hidden stuff :unsure:

No.