Janet Announces Untitled EP Coming This Fall

Apparently it's an EP

You have a few other songs on her upcoming EP. What can you tell me about what you did together? Is it in the same vein as "Made For Now?"

"Like I said, she's not bound to any genre of music. She does have some classic R&B, but some other stuff that's grungy where you'll be like, woo! What vibe is that? Kind of George Michael-esque. I can't say more than that. [Laughs] But it's very impressive and people that have listened before me, it feels like she's gone back to Velvet Rope and Control but it's new, it's a different vibe and you can hear that. For me, that's more than I can ask, that people feel that same connection from where she was 30 years ago. That's amazing. This EP is going to be exciting. It's young and fresh but it's not young trying to be young. It's open for everyone to receive."

Read more: http://janetclub.proboards.com/thread/87409/official-release-thread?page=26&scrollTo=1617363#ixzz5ORHdirpt

8 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

I'm sorry but something's up:huh:....all this for promotion and campaign for just an...EP???  I don't by it!  This seems like a full on campaign for an album!!! Why put in all the time, effort and money just for a handful of song??? I don't buy it!!! 

Just stay tuned, but what you’re getting right now...is an ep. I had been saying for awhile Janet needs to drop an EP and the marketing is very smart behind doing this. There’s full purpose in this. When I was saying it before @Game For Now kinda said what you were saying, if I remember correctly, that it wouldn’t make sense etc. 

With what she’s about to do and doing it’s going to show how it makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Just stay tuned, but what you’re getting right now...is an ep. I had been saying for awhile Janet needs to drop an EP and the marketing is very smart behind doing this. There’s full purpose in this. When I was saying it before @Game For Now kinda said what you were saying, if I remember correctly, that it wouldn’t make sense etc. 

Booooooooo!!! I want #JJ12 not #JJEP!!! Wahhhhhhhh!!! ???????

1 minute ago, Lenzo88 said:

Booooooooo!!! I want #JJ12 not #JJEP!!! Wahhhhhhhh!!! ???????

Just relax and enjoy. You won’t be disappointed in anything you get. Everyone starts throwing out what they want and anticipating what will be good enough before it drops. Things are different this go round. Very different…Janet will be around working for awhile. 

3 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Just relax and enjoy. You won’t be disappointed in anything you get. Everyone starts throwing out what they want and anticipating what will be good enough before it drops. Things are different this go round. Very different…Janet will be around working for awhile. 

Now you get this straight, it may not be what I want but it’s what I NEED!!! Of course I’m gonna buy it whether it’s a lp, ep, soundtrack, musical cereal box, etc. it’s freakin Janet and I will ALWAYS be here for her!!! You hear me!!! ???????

15 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Ugh now I'm excited wtf!

24 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

That doesn’t sound like something I would say but probably ??‍♂️?

An EP seems fine. She just signed with a new team. This is a good way to re-establish her without commiting to a full album. Shoot one nice video, perform, and call it a day. She was already in the middle of a tour. Made For Now and other songs on the EP will probably give her more range to tour in Latin markets and other countries depending on the EP sounds

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

An EP seems fine. She just signed with a new team. This is a good way to re-establish her without commiting to a full album. Shoot one nice video, perform, and call it a day. She was already in the middle of a tour. Made For Now and other songs on the EP will probably give her more range to tour in Latin markets and other countries depending on the EP sounds

She’s not in the middle of a tour 

An EP doesnt give her range of anything. That doesn’t even make sense 

10 minutes ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Then why do I have tickets for September 30th

??‍♂️

1) That’s over a month away

2) SOTW2 just ended.. the middle of that tour would be end of July; when she filmed the video

3) SOTW3 is coming, yes, but she’s not in the middle of a tour atm 

4) An EP does t give her “Range” to tour in Latin countries

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I'm sorry but something's up:huh:....all this for promotion and campaign for just an...EP???  I don't by it!  This seems like a full on campaign for an album!!! Why put in all the time, effort and money just for a handful of song??? I don't buy it!!! 

You guys are not reading the writing on the wall!

all this promotion and new music and big moves are leading up to one thing that ALWAYS happens in September: the Super Bowl halftime performer announcement!

• Upvote 1

Something still doesn’t add up though! “Unbreakable” got virtually NO promo throughout that era besides the tour and now Janet’s new team is doing all this strategic international promo for...for...only an E.P!?! ??????

Something’s not adding up here! ?

Janet keeps calling this a “project” and she’s always used that word to describe her albums/eras etc. Not to mention, there’s apparently ALOT more to come in terms of singles and videos, so unless she’s putting out the rumored documentary on Netflix, releasing videos for EVERY song on the LP, doing more unprecedented performances, etc, the whole EP release for ALL THIS makes no sense. ??

• Upvote 1

Why is everyone so bothered by it being an EP? We’re getting more Janet. And if it’s 5-8 songs that are as good or better than M4N, I’m happy. Janet obviously cares about rebuilding her international fan base and taking the tour there and preparing for a possible RRHoF induction. We just got a full, classic album in 2015 with only 2 videos and a shortened tour. We’re likely getting more visuals and promotion from her this go round with a tighter focus on her already legendary catalog and some new cross-platform bops.

• Upvote 1