Janet Announces Untitled EP Coming This Fall

6 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

First I agree, it was her best album of the 2000s and second....

HA!!! Not when “Love Scene”, “Would You Mind” and especially “Truth” exist!!! ????? Like I said, I still love the album and it’s “good”, last time I checked that was a positive critique! ?

Oh and it’s MY opinion, it can’t me “wrong”!!! ??

Truth is the pinnacle of AFY.. that song has so much emotion and you can tell Janet is hurt. Ugh

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Truth is the pinnacle of AFY.. that song has so much emotion and you can tell Janet is hurt. Ugh

Sorry, not for me, that boring piece of “Rene recovery” has always got my like....

giphy.gif

“I loves Janet! Deeply I do! But I kill em dead if they makes me listen to “Truth”!” ?

15 minutes ago, wayneashleymusic said:

My opinion... All For You stands well with the previous 4, save for one clear, important aspect that was present in Janet's best works.. it lacks a sense of direction.  It's the first of Janet's albums in a long time that feels more like a collection of songs without some organizing principle.  The sonics were still epic, and the songs were great, but the direction is a little less clear... 

Control - taking control of her life, and her young adulthood

Rhythm Nation = speaking out about problems in society

janet. = shedding the social warrior message to reveal the more complex, multidimensional person

The Velvet Rope = tackling inner struggles 

All For You = Lemme deal with this dammn divorce, drop some huge ass HITS and prove I can be successful without Y.O.U.    

THIS!!!

All For You’s “Single, Ready to Mingle” theme was weak overall, that’s my biggest problem with it. Sure she gets deep and angry on some songs but mostly, the album’s arrangement is all over the place and mostly falls apart. Thank god, some of her best singles/deep cuts are on it though. Saves it for me! ?

4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I LOVE “All For You”! ?❤️❤️❤️ First CD I ever purchased but let’s be real, it’s not a great album but a good one none the less. Janet started to lose it here musically but the singles and tracks like “Trust A Try”, “Better Days”, “Come On Get Up” and “You Ain’t Right” Give me SOOOOO much life! It’s honestly that last “Janet” album to me until “Unbreakable”.

Now if you want to see shade, let’s talk about the album that came after.....??

3 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

First I agree, it was her best album of the 2000s and second....

HA!!! Not when “Love Scene”, “Would You Mind” and especially “Truth” exist!!! ????? Like I said, I still love the album and it’s “good”, last time I checked that was a positive critique! ?

Oh and it’s MY opinion, it can’t me “wrong”!!! ??

I was just starting to like you

giphy.gif

Just now, LawdToday said:

Sis you are out here skipping sensual gold for loud computer farts, mumbles, and ugly guitar riffs?

Oh! Rockstar! angst!

LOL mess

Sensual gold??? Since when is Janet telling her man to “cum inside of me!” Sensual gold?? “When We Oooo” and especially “China Love” I would agree with but “Love Scene” and “Would You Mind” are the epitome of Janet losing her thirsty mind!!! ??? 

“The song ended...what the fuh? I didn’t even get to cum! Did you?” Well did you? ? Cause I can’t imagine anyone would after hearing that! ????

“Trust A Try” is classic rock Janet! Up there with “Black Cat”, “This Time”, and “What About”. Chile, your ears need better taste! ?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Sensual gold??? Since when is Janet telling her man to “cum inside of me!” Sensual gold?? “When We Oooo” and especially “China Love” I would agree with but “Love Scene” and “Would You Mind” are the epitome of Janet losing her thirsty mind!!! ??? 

“The song ended...what the fuh? I didn’t even get to cum! Did you?” Well did you? ? Cause I can’t imagine anyone would after hearing that! ????

“Trust A Try” is classic rock Janet! Up there with “Black Cat”, “This Time”, and “What About”. Chile, your ears need better taste! ?

Dead @ thirsty. She was doing that on TVR, It's just Janet. Relax its just sex sis. Those two tracks are the epitome of Sensual. Both of them. JJ&TL snapped.

As for Trust A Mumble just sounds gross, but If that's your thing sis go ahead I guess. In the company of songs you listed, It's dead last and it wasn't even a close race, 

6 minutes ago, LawdToday said:

Dead @ thirsty. She was doing that on TVR, It's just Janet. Relax its just sex sis. Those two tracks are the epitome of Sensual. Both of them. JJ&TL snapped.

As for Trust A Mumble just sounds gross, but If that's your thing sis go ahead I guess. In the company of songs you listed, It's dead last and it wasn't even a close race, 

That’s a damn shame! Bet “your coochie gone swell up and fall apart” from all that sensual (fool’s) gold. Smh....

tenor.gif?itemid=4096059

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Then I like you again ?

I have NEVER understood the love for WYM at ALL. I think it was the shock value and the tour performances that kept it in peoples mouths. It, along with Warmth are like dead fish to me. I tend to give Love Scene a pass though

:lol: I love all of AFY but "Love Scene" is the only one I don't care for outside of the context of the album. The sequencing needed some shuffling + one or two more dynamic songs for the extra oomph its missing.

Anyway, super excited for the EP!

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Game For Now said:

She has enough material for an album ? Just release an album Janet. Stop with this “release single after single” crude. No one of relevant does this

Legends can do what they want. She doesn't have to be concerned with what "relevant" ppl do. Save that talk for Ciara, Tinashe or somebody. foh

6 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Legends can do what they want. She doesn't have to be concerned with what "relevant" ppl do. Save that talk for Ciara, Tinashe or somebody. foh

Janet doesn’t need to stray far from the norm (ha). The point is she has enough material (contradicting what you said) so release an album. Skip a Wasteful EP that is pointless and senseless. Skip releasing a song every so often bc no one wants that

Release an album like she always have and ride it for years if she has to

I said “relevant” artist and you mention two people who have negative relevance :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Janet doesn’t need to stray far from the norm (ha). The point is she has enough material (contradicting what you said) so release an album. Skip a Wasteful EP that is pointless and senseless. Skip releasing a song every so often bc no one wants that

Release an album like she always have and ride it for years if she has to

I said “relevant” artist and you mention two people who have negative relevance :lmao: 

Honestly I’m just as confused as you are by this as she doesn’t even know what to release at this point. Whatever it is I’ll buy it but it’s unusual for Janet to have this strange uncertainty about what she is gonna release when over the course of her 4 decade career it’s always been “I’m releasing an album”! But whatever u say Jan! *Latoya voice* ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John.... said:

I think she's still in the mindset of trying to "win" back the charts, and after MFN ....chile :coffee: just release good music for your fans

This! 

Stop worrying about the success n focus on a solid body of work like u usually do Jan! The success will come regardless! I want #JJ12 already!!! ??????

• Upvote 1