Made For Now Radio Promo Tour

LawdToday

13 hours ago, MorganR said:
Janet on The Tammi Mac Show

Is this woman really a fan???

"What was going on in your life during the SOAG/A4U album? 

"A lightskin dude aint gonna be able to protect you" to a woman who has had a light skin/mixed bodyguard for 22 years???

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Game For Now said:

The Bruno Mars collaboration is NOT necessary at all for her to release an album. To put all the eggs in the Mars basket is asinine

Release the album, if Bruno wants to collaborate, or has breaks between his tour then she can release an EP with the song or re-release the album. 

Releasing an EP is a waste of time and energy. 

It is true that Janet’s decision to do an EP will have nothing to do with the availability of another artist. She’s been in the game forever and is a legend herself she wouldn’t rely on the collaboration of another artist to stop, change, or redirect the type of project she’s doing. So you’re right in the fact it wouldn’t be the REASON for an EP. 

Where you’re wrong, like I said to you before, an EP is not a waste of time. EP’s can be very strategic, affordable, & smart moves to test your sound.…give visuals for to bring people back in the fold & create a ramp up buzz. I’ve always said Janet needs to drop an EP. As it all rolls out it will all make sense.

16 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Not if there’s an album announcement soon after!!! Could you imagine the hype and awesomeness of getting a full album after a great EP!?! This would be a great way to keep excitement for more music to come in a limited time frame! The Bruno collabo is just a BONUS not a detriment to the album’s release! Giving her fans a lot more to look forward to. An EP and album in ONE era!?! I get it if that’s what they are planning! ????

There’s no reason that cant be possible. That is a very realistic strategy, but the Bruno situation is not they why or how behind it. Remember there’s artists bigger than Bruno she’s considering/planning on working with. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2018 at 5:53 PM, EphraimAdamz said:

The people interviewing her have been terrible.

A COMPLETE FUCKING MESS. IM HIGHLY IRRITATED. 

To think, this woman hasn't interviewed in yearssssss and these ppl seem either unprepared or not focused in enough to really ask Janet good questions. Dropping the fuckin ball

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Where you’re wrong, like I said to you before, an EP is not a waste of time. EP’s can be very strategic, affordable, & smart moves to test your sound.…give visuals for to bring people back in the fold & create a ramp up buzz. I’ve always said Janet needs to drop an EP. As it all rolls out it will all make sense.

Thank you for being respectful and not an asshole like that other member who has no idea what they’re talking about. I enjoy a great discussion and clearly the road ends with him and name calling 

That being said, I can’t see an EP being strategic or why she would “test the waters”? She can test new sounds on an album and call it a day. She can be visual with an album. Like the only difference seems to be affordability (something she doesn’t have a problem with) and a small tracklisting.. both aren’t exactly great reasons for someone like Janet Jackson to release an EP

She said that everyone would rather her release an album and for obvious reasons. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

A COMPLETE FUCKING MESS. IM HIGHLY IRRITATED. 

To think, this woman hasn't interviewed in yearssssss and these ppl seem either unprepared or not focused in enough to really ask Janet good questions. Dropping the fuckin ball

They have talking points and a “script”. Janet too has talking points that she hammers each and every time. The interviewers aren’t REAL fans. They’re just casual music fans

• Downvote 1

I'm not pushing for Janet to "make" an album cus she sounds to uncertain about it, not eager...and we Kno what happens when artists juss put an album together juss for the sake of... Usually be TRASH. 

I'll say this, if she wants to put an EP out to hold us over until she feels completely motivated and inspired to make a GOOD album w/ depth..then I'm all for it. Who wouldn't want an appetizer before the main course? 

EP + Album >>>>> Album

The more news music , the better... Like Duh

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

They have talking points and a “script”. Janet too has talking points that she hammers each and every time. The interviewers aren’t REAL fans. They’re just casual music fans

Casual fan or not, why would someone be asking her about the A4U era? Crazy

Not enough homework is being done. period. Ain't no excuses.. especially for interviewing a fuckin LEGEND.  Plz 

22 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Thank you for being respectful and not an asshole like that other member who has no idea what they’re talking about. I enjoy a great discussion and clearly the road ends with him and name calling 

That being said, I can’t see an EP being strategic or why she would “test the waters”? She can test new sounds on an album and call it a day. She can be visual with an album. Like the only difference seems to be affordability (something she doesn’t have a problem with) and a small tracklisting.. both aren’t exactly great reasons for someone like Janet Jackson to release an EP

She said that everyone would rather her release an album and for obvious reasons. 

Not necessarily - see it this way an EP is inconsequential. You’re presenting an appetizer like someone said, and it’s not about sales. It’s not about recouping it’s about promotion, awareness, testing, & creative experiment. 

An album costs more not just financially but once it’s released you are not testing you are providing. If people don’t connect with it there is no where to move you have given them a full project. Doing an EP + visuals is like a reminder & a way to see if the team’s direction is on course. 

Now - costs is not just about Janet being rich there’s new partners involved. Also no matter how well UB was done it wasn’t a decent seller…most will say because of promotion and baby, partly true but there’s STILL another group of people she will want to wrangle in. Watch her work, it makes a lot of sense. MANY artists do EPs. 

41 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Not necessarily - see it this way an EP is inconsequential. You’re presenting an appetizer like someone said, and it’s not about sales. It’s not about recouping it’s about promotion, awareness, testing, & creative experiment. 

An album costs more not just financially but once it’s released you are not testing you are providing. If people don’t connect with it there is no where to move you have given them a full project. Doing an EP + visuals is like a reminder & a way to see if the team’s direction is on course. 

Now - costs is not just about Janet being rich there’s new partners involved. Also no matter how well UB was done it wasn’t a decent seller…most will say because of promontion and baby, partly true but there’s STILL another group of people she will want to wrangle in. Watch her work, it makes a lot of sense. MANY artists do EPs. 

With 30+ years in this business, Janet presenting an appetizer when we’re use to full-course meals is what I have an issue with. There’s nothing to test. She’s not changing her sound completely. She’s still riding Pop/R&B (just a variation of it). She can still test the waters and everything else with an album

I’ll just have to wait and see

Many NEW & young artists do EPs but they’re unnecessary and just a waste. Kendrick Lamar’s EP received subpar reviews 

59 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Casual fan or not, why would someone be asking her about the A4U era? Crazy

Not enough homework is being done. period. Ain't no excuses.. especially for interviewing a fuckin LEGEND.  Plz 

They were curious about her attitude with her body in 2001. Why? A guess a question she’s been holding onto personally for nearly 20 years :lol:

No but they don’t have a ton of time to do homework 

• Downvote 1

the interviews Janet has done, are with outlets that are "lower ball" sorta speak, and I think its to continue this effort of rebuilding and reaching out to areas she's not been exposed in, to do another sit down with anyone major to be televised might not have the same results as sitting with a young woman at Disney and discussing her career to a young audience

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, John.... said:

the interviews Janet has done, are with outlets that are "lower ball" sorta speak, and I think its to continue this effort of rebuilding and reaching out to areas she's not been exposed in, to do another sit down with anyone major to be televised might not have the same results as sitting with a young woman at Disney and discussing her career to a young audience

Main stream interviews are the same or more bland 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Game For Now said:

Main stream interviews are the same or more bland 

exactly, so I dont know what people want the interviewers to ask Janet at this point, of course baring in mind there are only so many things she's going to talk about in the first place

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

With 30+ years in this business, Janet presenting an appetizer when we’re use to full-course meals is what I have an issue with. There’s nothing to test. She’s not changing her sound completely. She’s still riding Pop/R&B (just a variation of it). She can still test the waters and everything else with an album

I’ll just have to wait and see

Many NEW & young artists do EPs but they’re unnecessary and just a waste. Kendrick Lamar’s EP received subpar reviews 

You’re someone who advocates that  shouldn’t live in the past or discuss much of what “they remember”. So her doing an EP while it is new (for her) it’s the equivalent of her having b-sides to her old music. With the major difference being, she can/should test the waters for her ultimate goal. 

To explain best I can, no matter how much money Janet has/makes with touring the states or wherever in order for her to be a viable music partner in business she has to show she’s still marketable…she has new music partners & team & label. That I know she wants to grow in many ways. The EP is like a trampoline, I promise it will make sense, when you drop albums dismally & can’t pull back in your international fan base enough to tour like you want…you’re losing in the end. So give them something bite size, do visuals with it, put enough power into it with collars/presentation & start more tour dates. It does well, now you have traction again…give them even more because they’re hungry again. If they don’t receive what you did, cool…it’s only 5 or so songs…pivot a little. It’s a way to invest at a medium size package yet see big package results.

2 hours ago, John.... said:

Part of it I’m sure is to grab a little bit of an audience that she doesn’t currently have due to age gap etc. but the other part is because a mainstream interview should be saved until she is ready to drop EVERYTHING. It would start a snowball effect that would burn out shortly after. This process is small & mighty. The interviews aren’t really about shit but the single & that she’s coming - I had a baby, he’s so lovely, I’m working on something - it’s in motion, I am a legend - I’m being awarded, & I’m not done with music. Btw, yes I still look good. 

Breakfast club, ABC, etc they don’t want those details they want - you got married & divorced, what happen, what’s with the religion transition rumors, was there any kind of abuse…what has made you relationships go this way, let us see your son...then the “she’s back” is just a benchmark of the interview.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

You’re someone who advocates that  shouldn’t live in the past or discuss much of what “they remember”. So her doing an EP while it is new (for her) it’s the equivalent of her having b-sides to her old music. With the major difference being, she can/should test the waters for her ultimate goal. 

To explain best I can, no matter how much money Janet has/makes with touring the states or wherever in order for her to be a viable music partner in business she has to show she’s still marketable…she has new music partners & team & label. That I know she wants to grow in many ways. The EP is like a trampoline, I promise it will make sense, when you drop albums dismally & can’t pull back in your international fan base enough to tour like you want…you’re losing in the end. So give them something bite size, do visuals with it, put enough power into it with collars/presentation & start more tour dates. It does well, now you have traction again…give them even more because they’re hungry again. If they don’t receive what you did, cool…it’s only 5 or so songs…pivot a little. It’s a way to invest at a medium size package yet see big package results.

You’re right but releasing albums aren’t apart of some nostalgia trip that most have when it comes to legends like Janet. 

She can test the waters on a new album unless the water is different on a “larger” scale or she would have too much filler track but that wasn’t an issue for RN1814 or janet. so why is that an issue now?

I guess we’ll have to see what she has up her sleeves. Breaking it down like that [second paragraph] makes sense from her business standpoint but as a consumer, as a fan, I cannot get behind the idea of an EP  from an artist that has been doing biographical albums (minus three) her entire career 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

You’re right but releasing albums aren’t apart of some nostalgia trip that most have when it comes to legends like Janet. 

She can test the waters on a new album unless the water is different on a “larger” scale or she would have too much filler track but that wasn’t an issue for RN1814 or janet. so why is that an issue now?

I guess we’ll have to see what she has up her sleeves. Breaking it down like that [second paragraph] makes sense from her business standpoint but as a consumer, as a fan, I cannot get behind the idea of an EP  from an artist that has been doing biographical albums (minus three) her entire career 

Music, from business to budget to Janet’s global fan base, was different during those eras. She could do whatever she wanted and was signing the biggest recording deal in music history. It’s not the same approach. 

A lot of people see Janet as the “aunty” Janet - artist. You just don’t see the value in EPs but they work more than you realize. Not from the reviews of people but from what it does for the artists and how they can leverage it for the business on the inside. Many fans crave more from artists after an EP thats great. 

Solange’s True is a perfect example. 

1 hour ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Music, from business to budget to Janet’s global fan base, was different during those eras. She could do whatever she wanted and was signing the biggest recording deal in music history. It’s not the same approach. 

A lot of people see Janet as the “aunty” Janet - artist. You just don’t see the value in EPs but they work more than you realize. Not from the reviews of people but from what it does for the artists and how they can leverage it for the business on the inside. Many fans crave more from artists after an EP thats great. 

Solange’s True is a perfect example. 

Yes. Not to mention she’s independent 

Solange is the worst example bc she doesn’t have 1) a fan base 2) 30+ years of experience 3) money like Janet Jackson 4) Touring power 5) brand power 

There is no artist at Janet’s caliber that can justify the reasoning behind an EP. EP makes sense for up & coming floppers and youths but not experienced artists

BUT I’m willing to see what she has in store but I, like many people surrounding her, am hoping this EP is renamed and branded as a full length album 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Yes. Not to mention she’s independent 

Solange is the worst example bc she doesn’t have 1) a fan base 2) 30+ years of experience 3) money like Janet Jackson 4) Touring power 5) brand power 

There is no artist at Janet’s caliber that can justify the reasoning behind an EP. EP makes sense for up & coming floppers and youths but not experienced artists

BUT I’m willing to see what she has in store but I, like many people surrounding her, am hoping this EP is renamed and branded as a full length album 

People respond to you harshly because you are condescending your opinion - Solange does not have Janet’s fan base no...but the formula works the same. A large fan base that you’re struggling to bring out INTERNATIONALLY means nothing in dollars & cents. Everyone in the fan base is under the misconception that Janet just isn’t touring the world, don’t you all think she’d LOVE to maximize her money? They think Janet is so huge she can do whatever she wants, also not true.  She is a legend forever and always, but the business is a business…an unfair, harsh, & fickle one. 

People in general are not buying music, then add to the fact that people are not really buying Janet’s recent music - she has to pivot the approach. Leaning on your accolades and repeating the cycle for fans who still are not enough to satisfy your agreements is not smart. 

An EP is going to give her more leverage than just haphazardly dropping an album. I’ve been saying it for years it’s much smarter than just throwing albums at the wall when only your diehards are listening. 

5 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Part of it I’m sure is to grab a little bit of an audience that she doesn’t currently have due to age gap etc. but the other part is because a mainstream interview should be saved until she is ready to drop EVERYTHING. It would start a snowball effect that would burn out shortly after. This process is small & mighty. The interviews aren’t really about shit but the single & that she’s coming - I had a baby, he’s so lovely, I’m working on something - it’s in motion, I am a legend - I’m being awarded, & I’m not done with music. Btw, yes I still look good. 

Breakfast club, ABC, etc they don’t want those details they want - you got married & divorced, what happen, what’s with the religion transition rumors, was there any kind of abuse…what has made you relationships go this way, let us see your son...then the “she’s back” is just a benchmark of the interview.

I admit I would like someone to touch on the marriage/religon topic. it was somewhat awkward one of the interviewers brought up SOAG and what she was going through at the time..."a divorce" ?

but yeah I'm guessing most interviewers wont be allowed to touch on those topics. however I feel the interviews have good in showing personality. there have been brief talks and mentions of family members, Rene and Jermaine, fun questions too. its beautiful to see the confident positive space she is in and we havent this level of promo since 2011

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

People respond to you harshly because you are condescending your opinion - Solange does not have Janet’s fan base no...but the formula works the same. A large fan base that you’re struggling to bring out INTERNATIONALLY means nothing in dollars & cents. Everyone in the fan base is under the misconception that Janet just isn’t touring the world, don’t you all think she’d LOVE to maximize her money? They think Janet is so huge she can do whatever she wants, also not true.  She is a legend forever and always, but the business is a business…an unfair, harsh, & fickle one. 

People in general are not buying music, then add to the fact that people are not really buying Janet’s recent music - she has to pivot the approach. Leaning on your accolades and repeating the cycle for fans who still are not enough to satisfy your agreements is not smart. 

An EP is going to give her more leverage than just haphazardly dropping an album. I’ve been saying it for years it’s much smyarter than just throwing albums at the wall when only your diehards are listening. 

We’ll have to wait and see what she decides

I’m aware of the music climate

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

I hated her Big Boy interview. He was annoying and trying (really trying) to be funny and she was clueless to his humor. You have an icon in front of you and one of the things you want her to do is say a cuss word?! Really?! ?

Janet cusses 

And the interview, while bland, got Janet to open up 

All these interviews individually are pretty meh but as a whole, we got to know Janet a little more

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1