VMAs prediction?

kaeh1213

Anyone have any guesses or intel about any possible Janet participation at the VMAs tonight? 

I saw in Instagram that Gil is already back in LA, but it looks like Preston is still in NYC... maybe staying to do her makeup for an appearance on the show tonight? 

Just saw Madonna announce on Twitter that she’s presenting Video of the Year, which I was half expecting Janet to do this year as the legacy presenter... 

(apologies if this has been covered in another thread)

Well should be an eventful night! 

Ariana trying to desperately redeem herself after the release of her new album, Cardi  acting like a fool after popping out Kulture and Madonna making the Video of the Year catergory all about her!

Apparently, they’ll be some “surprise collaborations”.....?....we’ll see.

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Well should be an eventful night! 

Ariana trying to desperately redeem herself after the release of her new album, Cardi  acting like a fool after popping out Kulture and Madonna making the Video of the Year catergory all about her!

Apparently, they’ll be some “surprise collaborations”.....?....we’ll see.

Gotta love Madonna man. She made that Aretha tribute a backstory to how she struggled and made it....had absolutely nothing to do with Aretha other than she sang her song at an audition. 

25 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Gotta love Madonna man. She made that Aretha tribute a backstory to how she struggled and made it....had absolutely nothing to do with Aretha other than she sang her song at an audition. 

Classic Madge. -_- 

22 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

As a Madonna, I'm still like :blink: with her speaking at the vmas for Michael's death and now Aretha's death. And performing  at the BBMAs for prince's death. Michael is the only 1 of those 3 that make sense to me, just because of who they were for the rise of MTV and 80s to current pop.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, John.... said:

JLo wore like 10 different outfits she came to show out and take over ...I guess Janet said "let the bitch have it" :filenails:

https://www.etonline.com/heres-every-outfit-jennifer-lopez-wore-at-the-2018-mtv-vmas-108308

Yeah, it was Jen’s night after all! Now I see why Janet didn’t perform! She’s humble and doesn’t make everything about her....unlike....??

1 hour ago, JJATL said:

This is why I’ve never been a Madonna stan.  While I’ve bought and enjoyed my share of her music, she’s just always been utterly self absorbed and a nasty “mean girl.”   It’s never been cute, and still isn’t.   

The thing about Madonna, and certain members here will think whatever flip flop, BUT I have always been a fan of hers, enjoyed most of her music except the recent stuff and enjoyed her. Madonna told women and gay men they can be who they are and you dont apologize to anyone for it, Madonna empowered a generation of "outsiders" to feel like they can be bad asses and do whatever they want to do. Madonna is a bad bitch, let's not mistake recognizing her for her strengths while simultaneously acknowledging her faults as flip flopping. I am and have been a bit turned off by Madonna over the last few years, her attention seeking has gotten really bad, and she remains ungrounded in that sense.

3 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

It’s odd that Mtv would bring the white Crypt Keeper to do these black celebrities tributes/speeches.

That’s the second time MTV called it to television and both times were inappropriate. Madonna’s connection to Aretha isn’t even there. The only thing they shared is age

you're smarter than this, I know you are, so let's keep this shit real, Madonna has power, okay, and if she calls up MTV and says I want to walk on stage at the MTV VMAs, who in the hell is going to tell her no ? :sigh:

MTV oddly got Madonna cus they gotta stay "white" ...they wouldn't be the VMAs that ppl know of them to be if they had (god forbid) got some BLACK artists who actually have similarities musically and vocally to The Queen of Soul. If anything this showcases how safe they are instead of trying to pretend to be the "edgy" network . Please.