My Top 25 Janet Jackson Music Videos!!!

Lenzo88

Yes, I’m doing my own countdown of Janet’s best/my favorite videoes! So stick around! Starting with....

d64e90df8634fb793883115e98777a6b.gif25. “Someone To Call My Lover”

Director: Francis Lawrence 

“For her second single off her #1 seventh LP, All For You, the video depicts Janet taking a journey throughout the country starting from the perspective of a jukebox and seeing the then very happy pop diva have fun even after her car breaks down??? ???? The song itself is a pop smash and the video beautifully captures the almost country elements of the song by setting her there. Gotta love Janet just having a blast and looking radiant as ever. I would talk about the So So Def Remix version but they only shot that version cause they realized Jermaine wasn’t in ANY of his shots and needed a booster seat in return for making the remix of the song.” ?

giphy.gif24. “You Want This”

Directed by: Keir McFarlane

”Janet’s videos are just fun! ? In this party starting anthem from her last single off of her self titled/last name excluded “janet.” album, the then late 20s popstar seemed to be on a road trip with her girlfriends when they run into some fine gentlemen that they are eager to tease. Filled with wonderful shots, a masterful verse from then Hip Hop pioneer MC Lyte and a titilating dance break at the very end of the video, “You Want This” is energetic and sexual feminism in a way that only Janet could!” ☺️? The colorized version of course! ?

tumblr_mf1baqBp4y1qjsaj0o1_500.gif23. “So Excited” ft. Mr. Ed

Directed by: Joseph Kahn

”I’ll admit! I’m not a big fan of the song but the video is as good as a Janet video can get in the 2000s. The then X-Ray special effects as Janet leads a group of dancers through a simply abandon train station is very clever and creative visually. Janet once again dances her ass off as we literally see through her hotel room, limbrogini and Khia’s lack of dental hygiene. ? The song itself has a nice hook and chorus, even if after “My Neck, My Back”, this is the ONLY thing Khia is known for. Still pressed about being in that TV aren’t you Thug Misses??? ? This legendary queen did you a favor and this is how you thank her??!! ? Moving On...”

tenor.gif?itemid=7732126

22. “Control”

Directed by: Mary Lambert

”Get Ms. Jackson! I feel like before “Rhythm Nation”, this was her most iconic 80s look! The big hair, dated looking head set and shoulder pads. But this was Janet’s Declaration of Independence and the video for the title track didn’t disappoint at all! This is the first time we see Janet’s amazing stage presence even at 20! Those funky moves, effortless cool and infectious charisma she has was all presented so well. Gotta love Jimmy and Terry backing her up like it’s a freaking Prince concert! Instruments, legendary attitude and the end pose....the beginning of greatness!!! ?❤️❤️❤️

PositiveHeavyAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-21. “What Have You Done For Me Lately”

Directed by: Brian Jones and Piers Ashworth

”I feel like this is one of the most quintessential 80s videos! Full of funk, attitude and BIG hair does! ???? But Janet took her roll out for “Control”; both album and era VERY seriously. You could tell this was her time and something in her had drastically changed from her very amateurish first video for “Dreamstreet”. Add in the snappy choreography from a then unknown Paula Abdul, the classic lyrics of this late 20 Century Top 5 hit and Janet Jackson the brand took off and never stopped!!!” ?

4jpg.gif20. “I Get Lonely”

Directed by: Paul Hunter

”Can a music video be sad, stunning AND sexy???! ??? Well yes it can as “I Get Lonely” just hits at the heartstrings with not only its self-loathing lyrics but it’s beautifully directed video. I just love everything about it from Janet’s iconic red hair to the shot of her walking down that hall way like she owns it to her feeling up on that manikin. Not to mention, Janet with Tina’s choreography showed how awesome her dancing could STILL be at mid-tempo. That bra reveal.....YAAASSSSS MOMMA set them free!!!! ??????

ComeBackToMe-1.gif~c200

19. “Come Back To Me”

Directed by: Dominic Sena

”One of her absolute best ballads accompanied by one of her most visually stunning ballad videos. I love how moody yet gorgeous Paris looks! Almost dream-like as Janet reminisces about a former lover she wishes to rekindle with. The landscape, scenery and cinematography are almost cinematic. Dominic really had an eye for setting the mood of the song so greatly with this video. My goodness!!!” ????❤️❤️❤️

3L56.gif18. “That’s The Way Love Goes”

Directed by: René Elizondo, Jr.

”How can a video be so sexy and simple yet so iconic and timeless? Well, Rene really captured something special here with such an R&B classic! Janet herself wanted to return smooth and chill after such a HUGE era like “Rhythm Nation” and it worked in her favor so well. Who would have thought a video about Janet just hanging with her friends as she lets them hear her new song would be so good...but it is! And my god, she was just STUNNING here! ?❤️❤️❤️ Oh and J. Lo was there.....moving on....”

Janet-Jackson-Love-Never-Do-Without-You.17. “Love Will Never Do (Without You)”

Director: Herb Ritts

”A clear indication Janet was no longer that little girl millions had grown up with. The music video for the seventh and final commercial single from “Rhythm Nation” saw the militant pop icon trade in her combat boots for skin tight jeans and a sexy tank top. Herb Ritts really captures the glamour and freedom of Janet beginning to embrace her womanhood as she seduces her on screen love interest (a very young and sexy Anthony Sabato Jr. I might add) ?❤️❤️❤️ and Djimon Hounsu running around looking like dark skinned heaven!!! ? Such great visuals as Janet her beauty and sensuality beyond a desert landscape. What a way to end one of the best eras in pop music!”

DarkWebbedCopperhead.gif16. “When I Think of You”

Director: Julian Temple

”Her first #1 hit couldn’t have been supported by a better video as the one take master at the time, Julian Temple, directs the first of 2 videos where he and Janet try to perfect their love for seamless musical transitions and old school dazzle! Such a sensational video clip filled with excellent direction and one again, Paula’s tremendous choreography!” ?

tumblr_osumywhJbX1uf9tyzo2_500.gif15. “Alright”

Director: Julian Temple 

“With Alright, Janet and Julian Temple teamed up again for an even more masterful tale of the musical genre! This time, Janet is transported back to the golden age of hollywood with zut suits, classic movies and cinematic storytelling. Add in cameos by the legendary Cyd Charisse, The Nicholas Brothers and Cab Calloway and this is easily one of her most creative and exciting pieces in her videography!”

7 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Pre-Game Prediction & SPOILER ALERT: 

5. COM

4. If

3. No Sleeep 

2. Boyfriend/Girlfriend 

1. Nothing 

:asham: 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

46gN.gif14. “Doesn’t Really Matter”

Director: Joseph Kahn

”I notice there was a trend in the late 90s/early 00s with music videos having futuristic themes. But once again, Janet does it the best as Joseph Kahn sets her in a future Tokyo with robotic dogs, night clubs with a slanting dance floor and apartments so confined yet so advanced! Once again, Janet and her choreographers create an iconic dance break in mist of all the cute chaotic feel of the video. Stunning direction helped by a strong single from the Nutty Professor Soundtrack!”

4b41.gif13. “What’s It Gonna Be?” ft. Janet

Director: Hype Williams

”So...let me ask you....do people even watch this video for Busta??? ???? Never has a feature in a video stole the show more than Janet sporting that Queen of All Dominatrix outfit! She was just SOOOO gorgeous and SEXY!!! ? Oh yeah and this is just one of Hype’s best videos visually and the special effects were insane; still holding up til this day.” 

tumblr_nnmu7emyHq1qiohboo9_400.gif12. “Rock With U”

Director: Saam Farahmand 

“The Discipline era was a bit of a mess. Feedback was a very strong lead single but the video was the product of great concept, bad execution. LUV was suppose to be the second single but the record label wanted Rock With U instead so Janet, while STILL promoting LUV here and there, released both song and video for Rock With U that fall and BOY what a masterpiece the video turned out to be!!! ???? The hypnotic beat mixed with that impeccably synchronized choreography as we get a one take shot of Janet and her dancers in punk 80s attire make their way through a futuristic club couldn’t have been more flawless. A true work or art in Janet’s history and such an underrated classic clip at what she does best!” ?

UnfitLeanBaiji-size_restricted.gif11. “Escapade”

Director: Peter Smilie 

“When I Think of You was definitely the precursor to Janet’s most classic memorable feel good song and video. Set in a carnival where Janet seems to be attending with her group of dancers, she takes the festivities up a level with her crazy catchy melody and phenomenal choreography! A Mardi Gras themed video,  “Escapade” truly embodies all the elements of a Janet hit with a tremendously fun song incorporated into one of her most pop trendy music videos!” ??

giphy.gif10. “Scream” ft. Micheal and Janet

”Scream is one of the most captivating and in your face videos of all time! ???? After settling out of court the allegations that were made about him, Micheal was CLEARLY VERY angry and went to his music to fuel his frustration! Teaming with little sis, Janet and desperately needing her own star power at the time to create one of the most epic sibling superstar team ups of all time, Scream is a sci-fi themed masterpiece as Micheal and Janet yell, curse, flip off and eventually dance their way through gothic fantasy outfits and a wondrous spaceship environment! Mark Romanek must truly be commended for such a classic video far beyond anything today’s videos can match up to over 20 years later!!! ??? The King of Pop and his legendary sis killed this one and then some!” ??????

2L4a3K.gif

9. “All Nite (Don’t Stop)”

Director: Francis Lawrence

”Probably her most underrated video release thanks to the Super Bowl controversy at the time, let’s get one thing straight! No matter my reservations over “Damita Jo”, “All Nite”, both song and especially the music video, were off the charts!!! ?????? Everything about it was perfection!!! The concept, choreography, the cinematography, the lighting (or lack there of), not to mention the sex appeal was intense!!! After “If”, this is without a doubt Janet’s sexiest dance video with an awesome “blackout” theme storyline through it and my goodness, as much as I dislike Gil, he really did that with the dance moves!” ?????

giphy.gif8. “Nasty”

Director: Mary Lambert 

“Doesn’t get more classic Janet then this video. What Have You Done For Lately may have been an impressive introduction to this new Janet but “Nasty” really solidified her star power with the still iconic catchphrase “No my first name ain’t baby, it’s Janet! Ms. Jackson if you’re nasty! Add in Paula continued incredible display of choreography at the time, Janet’s signature sass and attitude and there was no denying a star was being born. Micheal who???” ?????

rIK.gif

7. “Miss You Much”

Directed by: Dominic Sena

”After Control, Janet was determined to return to the music scene even stronger than before with her fourth and arguably her best album! “Miss You Much” was an unprecedented arrival of funk, fun and longing for Janet to reunite with her lover. But as classic as the lead single off Rhythm Nation was, it’s the music video that was a tour de force of choreography. The Miss You Much routine would become one of many iconic ones from the pop legend and that surprise chair routine at the end??? Janet proved her talent was on the level of her brother and shouldn’t be denied!” ?

FlippantWideIndigobunting-max-1mb.gif6. “Made For Now” Janet x Daddy Yankee

Director: Dave Meyers

“It was hard finding the best gif to sum up how truly magnificent and sublime Janet’s latest music video is, but that last shot of her overwhelmingly beautiful smile as she looks like an African Queen among her people couldn’t be a stronger image for me. That’s what “Made For Now”, both song and especially video are: a very strong and poignant message about not only hope but being mindful of the present. A joyous video journey of not dwelling on the past or worry about the future, “Made For Now” is one of the most vibrant and astonishing brilliant videos I’ve seen in a LONG time. From Janet’s multitude of wardrobe changes to the African inspired dance break to the stunning visuals in cinematography as well as editing, her collaboration with reggaeton superstar Daddy Yankee is easily one of her finest video in a decade, showing even as her 12th entry in her discography approaching in her 4 decade career, she can STILL wow audiences and pull all the stops! So inspiring!” ?????❤️❤️❤️