Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Amy

Janet Jackson to receive award at Black Girls Rock awards

Recommended Posts

I don't think this has been posted yet

 

Janet Jackson will receive the rock star award at the 2018 Black Girls Rock awards.

The Grammy winner will be honored as a "phenomenal woman in music," organizers said Thursday. Jackson recently released "Made For Now," her single with Daddy Yankee.

Queen Latifah will host the show, which will be taped Sunday at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark. BET Networks will air the special celebrating the accomplishments of black women on Sept. 9.

Other award recipients include Mary J. Blige, Naomi Campbell and Judith Jamison.

Blige will receive the star power award. Campbell will be presented with the black girl magic award and Jamison will receive the living legend award for her work in dance and choreography.

 

Kiro7.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....will this be like the record for most lifetime achievement/icon/legend awards received in a single year?!?? 😳😱😂🤣😂😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

So....will this be like the record for most lifetime achievement/icon/legend awards received in a single year?!?? 😳😱😂🤣😂😄

She's campaigning for the RRHOF induction. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

She's campaigning for the RRHOF induction. 

Im curious what are your thoughts on this campaign? Is it working? I mean after last years noms it seemed like the Hall did some change ups like stop nominating the same acts that we wont put in next batch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those racist-ass, old-ass voters in RRHOF have never and will never hear of Black Girls Rock. But we, her fans love it and by convincing us and the general public, I think her team hopes to put some major pressure on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wayneashleymusic said:

Those racist-ass, old-ass voters in RRHOF have never and will never hear of Black Girls Rock. But we, her fans love it and by convincing us and the general public, I think her team hopes to put some major pressure on them. 

Honestly, it makes absolutely no sense that she hasn’t been inducted yet!!! Since the “Unbreakable” era, she should have been inducted immediately!!! 😒🧐 Her vast accomplishments, artistic acheievements and immense contributions to pop music the past 4 decades can’t be denied anymore! It’s simply ridiculous! 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly feel that this could be her year. If she doesn’t get a nomination this year then the fans will truly be up in arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Amy said:

I truly feel that this could be her year. If she doesn’t get a nomination this year then the fans will truly be up in arms.

I can honestly say the fans have been up in arms for years, I believe thats what got her nominated in the first place. They dont care that we are upset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenzo88 said:

Honestly, it makes absolutely no sense that she hasn’t been inducted yet!!! Since the “Unbreakable” era, she should have been inducted immediately!!! 😒🧐 Her vast accomplishments, artistic acheievements and immense contributions to pop music the past 4 decades can’t be denied anymore! It’s simply ridiculous! 😡

The R&R Hall of Fame plays to bands mostly, and fringe acts, Janet Jackson is seen as a pop act, who dances and is also a female. I dont think those attributes play in her favor in the voting committees minds I wish it was about seeing the impact Janet has had, but they down play that and say its not about numbers, which to me is BS too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amy said:

I truly feel that this could be her year. If she doesn’t get a nomination this year then the fans will truly be up in arms.

 

3 hours ago, Amy said:

I truly feel that this could be her year. If she doesn’t get a nomination this year then the fans will truly be up in arms.

Oh if she’s not on the ballot this year, I will lead the rock hall boycott myself. I will encourage people to unfollow them, not to visit the museum, literally Take Em Down a couple of notches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wayneashleymusic said:

 

Oh if she’s not on the ballot this year, I will lead the rock hall boycott myself. I will encourage people to unfollow them, not to visit the museum, literally Take Em Down a couple of notches. 

😱😭😫.....It must be a sign!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet Jackson will get inducted into the RRHF as soon as her fans stop calling her the Empress of Pop....honestly who came up with that asinine title. :rolleyes: it's fucking cringe worthy.

Let Janet be great without all the extra shit.

You can only deny greatness for so long...she will get in eventually

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Janet Jackson will get inducted into the RRHF as soon as her fans stop calling her the Empress of Pop....honestly who came up with that asinine title. :rolleyes: it's fucking cringe worthy.

Let Janet be great without all the extra shit.

You can only deny greatness for so long...she will get in eventually

Exactly. 💯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Janet Jackson will get inducted into the RRHF as soon as her fans stop calling her the Empress of Pop....honestly who came up with that asinine title. :rolleyes: it's fucking cringe worthy.

Let Janet be great without all the extra shit.

You can only deny greatness for so long...she will get in eventually

A-FUCKING-MEN 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 5:38 PM, Voodoo said:

Janet Jackson will get inducted into the RRHF as soon as her fans stop calling her the Empress of Pop....honestly who came up with that asinine title. :rolleyes: it's fucking cringe worthy.

Let Janet be great without all the extra shit.

You can only deny greatness for so long...she will get in eventually

Queen of Dance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, John.... said:

Im curious what are your thoughts on this campaign? Is it working? I mean after last years noms it seemed like the Hall did some change ups like stop nominating the same acts that we wont put in next batch

So far so good. She's making all of the right PR moves, and keeping her name out there right up until nominations. Which is what I said she should/would have to do like two or three years ago, and ppl on here admonished me for it. I believe if she keeps the momentum going, I think she'll get inducted this year. At which point, I will make it about me because I said she should do this years ago. Thus stroking my ego and reaffirming my position as dominate male of the pride. :coffee:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

So far so good. She's making all of the right PR moves, and keeping her name out there right up until nominations. Which is what I said she should/would have to do like two or three years ago, and ppl on here admonished me for it. I believe if she keeps the momentum going, I think she'll get inducted this year. At which point, I will make it about me because I said she should do this years ago. Thus stroking my ego and reaffirming my position as dominate male of the pride. :coffee:

 

I spot a lie :unsure:

tenor.gif?itemid=5676595

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what is missing from the campaign is recognition from serious journalism news outlets, like how about a piece on her career in "Time" or how about a sit down interview with NPR, these are outlets that are seen as serious not made up and will give her even more legitimacy which is what the campaign is about. Okay I said something so let's wait :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MorganR said:

she rocked the hell outta that :mellow: the slayage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×