Janet will appear in Bobby Brown's new biopic

janetDAYZ

2 hours ago, JJATL said:

This looks like ‘93 or ‘94 Janet so they are claiming she was cheating on Rene with Bobby? 

Wrong. They're talking about late 80s/ early 90s like Bobby had said.... Wayyyy before Whitney. If this was suppose to be 93' that would mean not only was Janet cheating but that would mean Bobby was cheating on Whitney too. Bobby never said that. I think the curly hair is throwing you? Janet  had curly hair in the late 80s right before RN and that signature key earring was long GONE by the time 93' came around...look at Bobby's haircut, it's more than clear it was the late 80s. No one was rocking the asymmetrical slope in the 90s ?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Wrong. They're talking about late 80s/ early 90s like Bobby had said.... Wayyyy before Whitney. If this was suppose to be 93' that would mean not only was Janet cheating but that would mean Bobby was cheating on Whitney too. Bobby never said that. I think the curly hair is throwing you? Janet  had curly hair in the late 80s right before RN and that signature key earring was long GONE by the time 93' came around...look at Bobby's haircut, it's more than clear it was the late 80s. No one was rocking the asymmetrical slope in the 90s ??

3 hours ago, JJATL said:

This looks like ‘93 or ‘94 Janet so they are claiming she was cheating on Rene with Bobby? 

Initially I thought that maybe her fathers home in the clip...but who is she talking to with "I don't know baby what you want me to say?". And who was Bobby referring to with "is he in there dancing". I'm not convinced it was Joe Jackson!

1 minute ago, John.... said:

where is her fake mole? I mean how hard did they try? I mean not at all :unsure:  plenty of chicks wear hoop earrings and have long weaves :sigh: 

Right!!! Did Janet REALLY allow this!?!? I can’t imagine her saying yes to THIS kind of portrayal by some lifetime leftover actress who makes Latoya look talented! ?

53 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Right!!! Did Janet REALLY allow this!?!? I can’t imagine her saying yes to THIS kind of portrayal by some lifetime leftover actress who makes Latoya look talented! ?

now this is a good question, how much control over her "likeness" does Janet have?

I can't with this clip at all, even the gear she rocking is some shit Janet wouldnt wear, when was the last time she wore spanks? or a top like that? like NEVER

• Upvote 1

This was clearly the look they were going for
1994_MTV_MovieAwards_006.jpg1994_MTV_MovieAwards_008.jpg

Issue is though, Janet & Bobby were in 1988/89ish...............this is 1994, ALL OVER IT. This is clearly a case of "accuracy doesn't matter, people have to just KNOW this girl who don't look like Janet is supposed to be Janet". Realistically it would've been WAY easier to put her in a zipped up to the chin jacket and give her a cap n' Ponytail and call it a day....like literally, this look below, right here, BAM, you can go to Walmart and do a cheap imitation of all of this, even get a Sherri Sheppard pick n save synthetic Ponytail from Sally's Beauty Supply for $5 and call it a "Janet" 
Image result for Janet Jackson 2300 Jackson Street

Y'all are taking this wayyyy too literal. ??????? They probably had a bunch of photos of Janet and pulled different things to incorporate her casual style off the stage. Yes, the shirt they used is very 93/94 MTV movie awards, but then when I seen the key earring that's very 86'-90' .. the hair can be late 80s or 93... But I think its moreso tryna capture the look of Janet period.. We already know her and Bobby had allegedly messed around somewhere around or post Don't be Cruel era 

And what do y'all mean how much control did Janet have over her likeness? 

Y'all do know ppl can play you without your input right? 

Remember Lil Kim had no input on her character in the Biggie biopic and was EXTREMELY pissed cus of who played her and how she was portrayed. Pebbles had no control over who played her in the TLC biopic and was PISSED with the outcome. So Janet has no say so in this.

That outfit style is straight up 80s La Toya though, featuring a Janet theme'd shirt. Janet's style and clothes in the 80's was baggy &/or covered as hell like in the side by side comparison. They were going for the janet era style in the Rhythm Nation era. The only female Jackson who was dressing that way at that time was Toy Toy. 

Im not gone hold this image mishap on the movie though, I loved the New Edition movie, and been looking forward to this, got friends involved in this. And frankly......this don't compare to the fact that the Whitney they got looks NOTHIN like Whitney (they coulda called Yaya back, I mean she's no look alike either but more so than this new girl), but again.....I'll reserve full judgment for the mini-series & aim to keep it performance based.

10 hours ago, jarrylf said:

O........M.......GAWD..... it's not even just the Janet 94 look, the pants the shirt style, they combined Janet94.......with La Toya 87..............THE NERVE!

Related imageImage result for la toya jackson 1988

(I thought to myself, "Them pants and that shirt style remind me of somebody but not Janet, TOYA!!!!!!"

that's my point at that time Janet wasnt "girly" at all, that clip fails on so many levels to capture the essence of Janet, that actress is way too "girly" to play Janet

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:03 AM, janetDAYZ said:

Y'all are taking this wayyyy too literal. ??????? They probably had a bunch of photos of Janet and pulled different things to incorporate her casual style off the stage. Yes, the shirt they used is very 93/94 MTV movie awards, but then when I seen the key earring that's very 86'-90' .. the hair can be late 80s or 93... But I think its moreso tryna capture the look of Janet period.. We already know her and Bobby had allegedly messed around somewhere around or post Don't be Cruel era 

I guess they just got real lazy with all this.  Not surprising.  

• Upvote 1