Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kaleidoscope Eyes

Post 3 Janet songs you’ll never see it for

Recommended Posts

French Blue and most tracks from Nightmare on Dream Street

other than that, this thread is an abomination 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always not like the three tracks after COGU on AFY, it felt out of order, it didnt work for me, the album didnt regain its steam until In God We Trust a Try -_-

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tituba said:

Those god awful ballads on Discipline.

You ain't finna do "can't b good"! You just ain't. Anyway my 3 I'll never see it for

1. Weekend

2. Would You Mind

3. Tie between The Body That Loves You/ Nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John.... said:

I've always not like the three tracks after COGU on AFY, it felt out of order, it didnt work for me, the album didnt regain its steam until In God We Trust a Try -_-

You will never come for When We Ooo like it’s not a fan favorite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. JALW - My God, like...I juss...that shit is complete utter GARBAGE. JANET, WHY...LIKE WHAT. IN. THE. FUCK. WAS THAT.. ? 

2. Rollercoaster - I've never understood the love for this song. It's way too much goin on and sounds extremely disconnected. And the weird sounds are juss annoying af. It was Trash on arrival. No one should have to sit through this song 

3. Whoops Now - corny x 100,000,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John.... said:

I've always not like the three tracks after COGU on AFY, it felt out of order, it didnt work for me, the album didnt regain its steam until In God We Trust a Try -_-

even though I love When We Ooh/China Love and Love Scene, the slow jam section really messes the flow of the album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Greatest Ex (most forgettable bland nothing song she's ever done)

2. French Blue

3. Love2Love 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

1. Greatest Ex (most forgettable bland nothing song she's ever done)

2. French Blue

3. Love2Love 

et tú, Jarryl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Game For Now said:

You will never come for When We Ooo like it’s not a fan favorite 

boy please when we pooh :filenails: 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Boy bye

Im not even gonna pop you a neg, it is what it is, whether I liked those tracks or not what difference does it make

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John.... said:

Im not even gonna pop you a neg, it is what it is, whether I liked those tracks or not what difference does it make

giphy.gif

 

It’s one of Janet’s best gems. Hands down.. the last lyrically genius song she’s written. It’s deep and meaningful to her

Its a slap in the face to Janet 🤷🏾‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

It’s one of Janet’s best gems. Hands down.. the last lyrically genius song she’s written. It’s deep and meaningful to her

Its a slap in the face to Janet 🤷🏾‍♂️

Okay  so it's story time, I remember buying the Cd from Best Buy, standing in line with all those other excited people buying AFY too, such great times those were, and it was time for me to hit the road for my hour drive to work. I open the CD and popped it in for a good drive, so I thought, I was in tears, literally crying after those three tracks. I've told this story before, and it remains my first memory of AFY the album, it was only once I got further into the album that I felt it had redeemed itself :filenails: That is my truth okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×