Cool fan-made video of Janet

Bailey

1 hour ago, John.... said:

^^ I hear you but the issue here is we've had the same critique for the other 18 videos doing the same damn thing, and its like turning off spellcheck on Microsoft word, why dont you get the facts checked? Most journalists will actually source their facts, if Austin can do that here in less than the time it took to make the video, why keep making videos with no fact checker? Or even better use a source for the "facts" you present :sigh:  or stop with the damn stats already its not impressing the Hall

Y’all cute thinking “The Hall” cares about JanFam videos

Like all the HOFer fans just submit videos for their favs and the Hall takes that into consideration. :lmao: 

40 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Like all the HOFer fans just submit videos for their favs and the Hall takes that into consideration. :lmao: 

No, no, no. I agree with you here. That's why I didn't think it was a big deal that he took some liberties.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

its larger than that and the fact you think its about fan made videos belittles the entire efforts of running a campaign and having a grass roots fan base of support. Janet is running a campaign for induction, clearly, if fans chose to include their efforts, whether effective or not, it is their choice. You think the fan effort of Janet support on SB 2018 went unnoticed? It was an effort created solely by fans, yet it went to trending high on Twitter that day. Its not about one or any number of fan videos, its about the WHOLE campaign....sit down   :wave:

11 minutes ago, John.... said:

its larger than that and the fact you think its about fan made videos belittles the entire efforts of running a campaign and having a grass roots fan base of support. Janet is running a campaign for induction, clearly, if fans chose to include their efforts, whether effective or not, it is their choice. You think the fan effort of Janet support on SB 2018 went unnoticed? It was an effort created solely by fans, yet it went to trending high on Twitter that day. Its not about one or any number of fan videos, its about the WHOLE campaign....sit down   :coffee: 

:lmao: “grassroots” Cute that you think these videos matter :lmao: weird how other fan bases don’t have to release propaganda videos for their winners/nominees. A video with 2.5k views :lmao: 

:lmao: at you bringing up the Super Bowl as if Janet doesn’t trend every year.

:lmao: What does trending on twitter have to do with anything. And What did that day even bring? NOTHING. Nothing for Justin.. nothing for the NFL.. and most importantly, Nothing for Janet :lmao: 

I hope Janet gets in because she deserves it and not because you think these “grassroot” efforts actually work.  Please sit down. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Illi said:

No, no, no. I agree with you here. That's why I didn't think it was a big deal that he took some liberties.

Sources would suffice. Even if they added it in the info under the video. 

The accuracy isn’t a huge concern to me especially since they weren’t over-exaggerated 

• Downvote 1

On 9/25/2018 at 9:15 PM, Illi said:

I don't think he should grossly misrepresent information, which I think he avoided doing. If he had the information you presented he should have definitely used it, but even with it, he didn't state anything un-plausible. 

Moreover, he should have argued that Rhythm Nation isn't one of the greatest albums of all time mostly because it had hits and and sold alot. Though I think he went into the depths of the recording process sufficiently, he didn't exactly answer why should we still be listening to the album today.

That's because there's no analysis. We can talk about the success of the album eternally, but that doesn't necessarily validate its importance.  

These videos really need to actually discuss the album as a body of work, and what it did for music and culture. These videos are just too overly reliant on stats and commentary from others on the album. 

I just really need the fabricating to stop. Because you never know who is fact checking. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Game For Now said:

:lmao: “grassroots” Cute that you think these videos matter :lmao: weird how other fan bases don’t have to release propaganda videos for their winners/nominees. A video with 2.5k views :lmao: 

:lmao: at you bringing up the Super Bowl as if Janet doesn’t trend every year.

:lmao: What does trending on twitter have to do with anything. And What did that day even bring? NOTHING. Nothing for Justin.. nothing for the NFL.. and most importantly, Nothing for Janet :lmao: 

I hope Janet gets in because she deserves it and not because you think these “grassroot” efforts actually work.  Please sit down. 

I think there's something to be said about Mike writing that letter to the RRHOF, and that same year Janet miraculously appears on the ballot after having been eligible for like 8 years at that point. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

I think there's something to be said about Mike writing that letter to the RRHOF, and that same year Janet miraculously appears on the ballot after having been eligible for like 8 years at that point. 

That’s not the same as a YouTube video that is not going viral

There’s also no proof that Mike’s letter was the determining factor but I can see how you would make that assertion 

• Downvote 1

what one cannot do, is dismiss fan efforts wholesale as pointless and ineffective. I think Janet fans have demonstrated time and time again, collectively, we can garner attention. That is the point being made here and to dismiss it without consideration at all is short sighted