New Gaga snippet from A Star is Born: "Is That Alright?"

JJATL

I've read the reviews for this are stellar, Rotten Tomatoes gives it 90%, and this is a shoe in for award season, so again kudos to Lady Gaga and her continuing success in expanding her brand and redefining what it means to be an artist in the 21st century

I also think it's worthy to note that in these times its important to see how the media frames outcomes. In the case of "Venom" vs. "A Star is Born" the media is giving both respect for entirely different reasons. Sure "Venom" is number 1 and banking, and "A Star is Born" is also making over it's projected 30 million take, but what's important is ASIB is being lauded for its content and performances. Hell I remember when Bradley Cooper was that cute guy on "Alias" he's come a long way with marginal talent, I wonder how much of his ass has he given up :unsure:  you can only explain his success by fucking :sigh:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/07/media/a-star-is-born-venom-box-office/index.html

Cooper directed this movie.  I think it’s clear that his talent was never “marginal.”  You may assume so because he’s hot, but that is a pretty shallow assumption.  

A Star is Born is now the 2nd highest opening in history for any “musical” type film, only behind “Beauty and the Beast,” which was a children’s movie, and not an R rated adult movie.  To compare it to the opening of a super hero movie is silly.  

5 hours ago, JJATL said:

Cooper directed this movie.  I think it’s clear that his talent was never “marginal.”  You may assume so because he’s hot, but that is a pretty shallow assumption.  

A Star is Born is now the 2nd highest opening in history for any “musical” type film, only behind “Beauty and the Beast,” which was a children’s movie, and not an R rated adult movie.  To compare it to the opening of a super hero movie is silly.  

Beauty & the Beast >>> A Star is Born

8 hours ago, JJATL said:

Yeah I know he directed it, but with so much talent out there, if you go back and watch "Alias" Bradley Cooper was clearly just a pretty face, even when you go to "Nip/Tuck" again he's just a good looking guy, so I'm sorry but you didnt make your case at all, because his name is attached to "directing" will he even be nominated at any award show for best director? I doubt it :coffee: