Activisnet Strikes again.....

Bailey

1 hour ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

I love Janet but sometimes I feel like she parrots white feminist talking points. Please believe white women will choose white supremacy over the farce of feminism (that doesn’t include black women) I wish Janet would just advocate for black people (specifically) as a collective. 

Very interesting statement. Before you get attacked I want to engage this. Personally, while I think Janet has literally made a footprint for all the current “hot topic” issues currently - in the most recent years, she has not directly been as vocal out her own mouth for things like Black Lives Matter. In her interviews she makes black culture a priority & speaks from a genuine space on its defense, respect & recognition...but right now, and maybe even more so based on where her personal life is - women rights AND black women at that is a personal position for her.

I get it might feel a little more comforting to Black women who feel even MORE marginalized to hear Janet echo - women & add the specification black women to her stance. I can get that. 

• Upvote 1

I dont think Janet needs to echo race, she's performing that on stage, and has been for some time now.  When she has spoken out against misogyny, she has spoken from her personal experiences in a larger context. I mean does anyone believe if Janet wasn't married to Wissam she would say a word about a Qatari airline? The only exception anyone could take here is its a time where speaking out for women is in vogue so less risk attached, more reward.

Just so we are clear...Janelle Monae also advocated for women. After what went down this week with Kavanaugh, Bill Cosby...the revelation about Les Moonpie blocking her bags and Serena being mistreated on the court....how can Janet NOT speak on women and their issues. It's dominating the news when she turns on the tv this evening and she is disgusted by all the Injustice. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont think Janet needs to echo race, she's performing that on stage, and has been for some time now.  When she has spoken out against the misogyny of women, she has spoken from her personal experiences in a larger context. I mean does anyone believe if Janet wasn't married to Wissam she would say a word about a Qatari airline? The only exception anyone could take here is its a time where speaking out for women is in vogue so less risk attached, more reward.

Janet was speaking in the perspective of being black and being a woman. Before her performance, she took a pic with Janelle Monae and used the hashtag blackgirlmagic....I mean HELLO...but the HOTEPs always want you to be extra and slap whitey on stage to prove you down...

Chile bye!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John.... said:

I dont think Janet needs to echo race, she's performing that on stage, and has been for some time now.  When she has spoken out against the misogyny of women, she has spoken from her personal experiences in a larger context. I mean does anyone believe if Janet wasn't married to Wissam she would say a word about a Qatari airline? The only exception anyone could take here is its a time where speaking out for women is in vogue so less risk attached, more reward.

She does perform that on stage and there’s no doubt about that & she also performs themes about misogyny on stage. 

5 minutes ago, Tituba said:

Just so we are clear...Janelle Monae also advocated for women. After what went down this week with Kavanaugh, Bill Cosby...the revelation about Les Moonpie blocking her bags and Serena being mistreated on the court....how can Janet NOT speak on women and their issues. It's dominating the news when she turns on the tv this evening and she is disgusted by all the Injustice. :rolleyes:

That’s not what’s being said and honestly I don’t have a problem with Janet taking a stance. At all. It’s what I love her for. Can’t Be Stopped is one of my favorite tracks by Janet.

I think the only difference is her speech at the Soul Train awards in 04 which was ALL about womanhood and empowering women with a specification toward being a woman of color vs. a very clean all lives matter speech. Not saying she should be a separatist - it’s just the same message delivered with a double stance. 

36 minutes ago, Tituba said:

Janet was speaking in the perspective of being black and being a woman. Before her performance, she took a pic with Janelle Monae and used the hashtag blackgirlmagic....I mean HELLO...but the HOTEPs always want you to be extra and slap whitey on stage to prove you down...

Chile bye!

I guess my thing here, is I can see both sides, I can see where, much like the Civil Rights Movement, the benefits largely went to White women. The MeToo movement, again, White women. In the larger context, White women share no sisterhood with the plight of Black women, most importantly they dont give nary a fuck about it either. Now on the other hand when Serena and Janet, both of which make headlines, say some shit is sexist, at least people take note, race be damned. :filenails:

Janet still wins brownie points, sorta speak :rolleyes:  its what's trending, hot and safe to speak on "female" empowerment, even if the benefactors are mostly White females within this context. I have found myself thinking about the Anita Hill hearings with Clarence Thomas versus the hearings with Ford and Cavanuagh, the difference being one had a lot more to say and a great deal more relevant testimony. Anita Hill got pushed to the side, this chick with no evidence actually slowed the process down, for now.

Janet is riding the wave, not ramming against it, and for that this is the Bruno Mars record we dont have, likely to be a hit but not here -_- Instead we have MeToo Janet, okay sis I see you (the blacks do) ....okay some  :coffee:

2 hours ago, Tituba said:

Chile bye!

Hotep? Lemme guess, you’ll be standing behind Andrea Constand, the white women going after Kavanaugh as their biggest cheerleader. When they don’t give a fuck about your black ass and don’t champion your causes. That’s what’s wrong with black folks...we wanna stand up for the white women, (white) gays, “POC’s”, immigrants, hunchbacks, and the buck tooth. When none of these groups as a COLLECTIVE (operative word being “collective”) speak up for black social issues specifically. All these other groups put themselves first, black people wanna throw their life vest to the folks safe on the shore while they’re drowning.

Those of us within intelligent black society are black first with a black agenda. We wish no other groups ill but we are solely focused on the black community as s collective. If that makes us “hoteps” then so be it. Keep chasing these non-existent coalitions with these other groups that harbor anti-black racism even back in their own countries. When the white supremacists and suspects on your job or wherever decide to mistreat you, don’t come crying about racism...cause you were just soft shoe coining talking about “hoteps” and what not. Show white daddy you one of the “good ones” even though respectability politics never sway the white power structure.

3 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Very interesting statement. Before you get attacked I want to engage this. Personally, while I think Janet has literally made a footprint for all the current “hot topic” issues currently - in the most recent years, she has not directly been as vocal out her own mouth for things like Black Lives Matter. In her interviews she makes black culture a priority & speaks from a genuine space on its defense, respect & recognition...but right now, and maybe even more so based on where her personal life is - women rights AND black women at that is a personal position for her.

I get it might feel a little more comforting to Black women who feel even MORE marginalized to hear Janet echo - women & add the specification black women to her stance. I can get that. 

I have no problem with black women specifically speaking out about their plight independent of white women. Don’t give a shit about white women who were victimized by Cosby or Kavenaugh. These same women will get on a jury and vote to not convict a white supremacist police officer for murdering a black child. These same women voted for Trump. 

And you have black peoples caping for these women talking about “these poooooor victims...” Fuck outta here!

8 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

Hotep? Lemme guess, you’ll be standing behind Andrea Constand, the white women going after Kavanaugh as their biggest cheerleader. When they don’t give a fuck about your black ass and don’t champion your causes. That’s what’s wrong with black folks...we wanna stand up for the white women, (white) gays, “POC’s”, immigrants, hunchbacks, and the buck tooth. When none of these groups as a COLLECTIVE (operative word being “collective”) speak up for black social issues specifically. All these other groups put themselves first, black people wanna throw their life vest to the folks safe on the shore while they’re drowning.

Those of us within intelligent black society are black first with a black agenda. We wish no other groups ill but we are solely focused on the black community as s collective. If that makes us “hoteps” then so be it. Keep chasing these non-existent coalitions with these other groups that harbor anti-black racism even back in their own countries. When the white supremacists and suspects on your job or wherever decide to mistreat you, don’t come crying about racism...cause you were just soft shoe coining talking about “hoteps” and what not. Show white daddy you one of the “good ones” even though respectability politics never sway the white power structure.

I knew that would strike a nerve.

Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand.

I don't participate in racism.

I don't participate in the black community.

I hate all people collectively and equally. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

I have no problem with black women specifically speaking out about their plight independent of white women. Don’t give a shit about white women who were victimized by Cosby or Kavenaugh. These same women will get on a jury and vote to not convict a white supremacist police officer for murdering a black child. These same women voted for Trump. 

And you have black peoples caping for these women talking about “these poooooor victims...” Fuck outta here!

That’s an assumption about all of those women, and could be true about some of those women. I don’t know them anymore than you do. You’re conflating issues & to a degree I can get WHEN a white woman votes for Trump & votes for the innocence of a murdering cop to dissolve ourselves of care for them...

but that’s when that happens. As of now, it’s all an assumption & where they stand for those who have been sexually assaulted & raped there’s no excuse or “ok” thing about that. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DarkStormSC said:

I was just arguing with a troll last night on twitter about Janet's role in social justice. 

that person is clueless to Janet and what she has spoken on, experienced and written about. Janet is as woke as any Black female in the game. Its so easy and dare I say lazy to not research the facts and find out the truth before you write :sigh:  it's like "Control" wasn't an album about female empowerment, it's like "RN" wasn't about the state of the world, it's like that chick just doesn't know jack about Ms. Jackson. You know why? You all really wanna know why? because unless you're a martyr you're just an entertainer. What puzzles me is the idea another female of color no less is saying these things about a woman that has been through the shit and then some. We all need to do better. -_-

• Like 1

A lot of dangerous thinking in this thread.. :umm: 

I think more people should fight for the human race and not just their own. It’s not 1954 any more. More and more police officers are being convicted of their crimes today than yesterday... more people are seeing consequences in their words and/or actions today than yesterday. We elected a black president by popular vote AND electoral college TWICE in historic numbers. 

Change is there and there’s more to come  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

A lot of dangerous thinking in this thread.. :umm: 

I think more people should fight for the human race and not just their own. It’s not 1954 any more. More and more police officers are being convicted of their crimes today than yesterday... more people are seeing consequences in their words and/or actions today than yesterday. We elected a black president by popular vote AND electoral college TWICE in historic numbers. 

Change is there and there’s more to come  

and then the White folk got pissed over that shit and elected an idiot that gave racists and bigots a free pass to just be ignant and say ignant shit ...boy bye ....the more things change the more they stay the same :coffee:   and even worse some of those same people that elected a Black man twice to office voted for the orange fuck.....who is you talking to dude? :unsure:

18 minutes ago, John.... said:

since when the fuck did thinking become "dangerous" :umm:

When? The beginning of time. From religious to conspiracy theories to cults.. all come from someone’s shitty thoughts

16 minutes ago, John.... said:

and then the White folk got pissed over that shit and elected an idiot that gave racists and bigots a free pass to just be ignant and say ignant shit ...boy bye ....the more things change the more they stay the same :coffee:   and even worse some of those same people that elected a Black man twice to office voted for the orange fuck.....who is you talking to dude? :unsure:

For someone as old as you compared to someone as youthful as me, it kills me that you cannot see the change even though it’s right in front of your face

4 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

When? The beginning of time. From religious to conspiracy theories to cults.. all come from someone’s shitty thoughts

For someone as old as you compared to someone as youthful as me, it kills me that you cannot see the change even though it’s right in front of your face

Now looka here hoe.....I see the change.....as Ive seen trends come and go, shall we all go out and buy grunge wear now? cause its coming back again Im sure in some "new" format. The problem here is there's an orange fucker that is in control of all this shit and he's the largest offender of them all, let me know when they get his ass outta office then holla back cause Im predicting right here and now.....orange fucked gets two terms and with the economy doing very well.....done deal ...fight me hoe :filenails: 

Just now, John.... said:

Now looka here hoe.....I see the change.....as Ive seen trends come and go, shall we all go out and buy grunge wear now? cause its coming back again Im sure in some "new" format. The problem here is there's an orange fucker that is in control of all this shit and he's the largest offender of them all, let me know when they get his ass outta office then holla back cause Im predicting right here and now.....orange fucked gets two terms and with the economy doing very well.....done deal ...fight me hoe :filenails: 

Fashion trends and social trends aren’t the same ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Or equivalent in any way, shape or form 

The President doesn’t have that much control and we’ll find that out in 2020 or after the Investiagtion into collusion ends. 

The economy is doing well because of Obama’s policies. I already looked that up. His approval ratings are down in the dumps and there’s no uptick in sight 

16 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

and what makes your thoughts are any less shitty? Hmm.? You need some toilet paper? wipe ya mind clean?