Truth vs Dream Maker/Euphoria

Someone To Call Me Lover vs 2 B Loved

Feels So Right vs Take Me Away

Doesnt Really Matter vs Lessons Learned

Better Days vs Black Eagle 

The modern classic is victorious as usual!!! ?❤️❤️❤️

How bout you guys??? ?

This thread took a turn

I’m not sure which almost is filler? It can’t be AFY, her second most personal album to date. The same album that addressed her divorce, her single life, while feeling like hope and happieness

Then again, it can’t be Unbreakable which was filled with amazing tracks AND still had the feel of an actual Janet Jackson record and not some colossal collection of songs produced by any producer (Damita Jo), or half the album was great and yet meaningless (20), OR an album that wasn’t a Janet album (Discipline) ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

GASP!!! And ya'll got mad at me when I said "All For You" doesn't compare to her BIG 4!!! LMAO!

AFY is apart of her BIG FIVE.. then it went downhill and back up 14 years after the fact 

Also the tracklist you compared doesn’t make sense at all. Black Eagle vs Better Days? Huh

Truth vs Nightmare Maker? And you chose Dream Maker (a song no one cares about) 

I like the All For You album way better. As of today I maybe only listen to 4 tracks from "Unbreakable". From the All For You album I still listen to "Feels So Right", "All For You", "Doesn't Really Matter", "When We Oooo", "Come On Get Up", "You Ain't Right", and every now and then "Better Days" and "Trust A Try" for the guitar riff break. Damn with that being said I pretty much still listen to the whole album except for 3 tracks. One of my best friends Diego loves "Son Of A Gun" but I don't lol:lol:

29 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

I like the All For You album way better. As of today I maybe only listen to 4 tracks from "Unbreakable". From the All For You album I still listen to "Feels So Right", "All For You", "Doesn't Really Matter", "When We Oooo", "Come On Get Up", "You Ain't Right", and every now and then "Better Days" and "Trust A Try" for the guitar riff break. Damn with that being said I pretty much still listen to the whole album except for 3 tracks. One of my best friends Diego loves "Son Of A Gun" but I don't lol:lol:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Game For Now said:

AFY is apart of her BIG FIVE.. then it went downhill and back up 14 years after the fact 

Also the tracklist you compared doesn’t make sense at all. Black Eagle vs Better Days? Huh

Truth vs Nightmare Maker? And you chose Dream Maker (a song no one cares about) 

It’s based on tracklist one by one with the exception of interludes! How they match according to which song goes in order of the album. And how dare you choose “Lies!” Over “Dream Maker/Euphoria”???!! ???

On 10/1/2018 at 2:27 AM, Lenzo88 said:

It’s based on tracklist one by one with the exception of interludes! How they match according to which song goes in order of the album. And how dare you choose “Lies!” Over “Dream Maker/Euphoria”???!! ???

You left off Well Traveled which immediately should join Better Days as both are reflective songs. 

Your match ups don’t make sense at all SOAG vs. NS? WWO vs The Great Forever 

5 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Unbreakable is the better album. It’s vocally better, lyrically stronger, and she covered much more ground lyrically and sonically. That album genre-hopped while still being cohesive. Something janet. tried to achieve.

Unbreakable is nowhere near vocally better than AFY:lol:

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

The HELL it is!!! ?? “Unbreabkable” has strong vocals throughout while “AFY” finds Janet briefly heading into her infamous “whisper” territory at certain parts of the album! “Love Scene” and especially “Would You Mind” are lackluster lyrically and especially vocally! ??

• Upvote 2

UB is the better album, but AFY has stronger individual tracks, if that makes sense.

There's nothing on UB seeing Truth lyrically, aside from maybe BE. TAT, COGU, and YAR are some of the best tracks Janet has ever recorded. There's nothing on UB I would put in Janet's top 20. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

All For You is full of whispers. She even admitted she had a sinus cold while recording several songs, and you can hear it. She actually sings in full voice on Unbreakable. “Gon Be Alright” alone is vocally better than anything on All For You.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

UB is the better album, but AFY has stronger individual tracks, if that makes sense.

There's nothing on UB seeing Truth lyrically, aside from maybe BE. TAT, COGU, and YAR are some of the best tracks Janet has ever recorded. There's nothing on UB I would put in Janet's top 20. 

“Truth”?!?? Ha!!! I just can’t with the fan worship over that atrocious mess of a long, drawn out and self-loathing song! You want a lyrical and vocal treasure from “Unbreakable”? “After You All”! Honest, stripper down, powerful despite being so minimal production wise! Take those nostalgia glasses off, they’re effecting your judgement! ??

8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

The HELL it is!!! ?? “Unbreabkable” has strong vocals throughout while “AFY” finds Janet briefly heading into her infamous “whisper” territory at certain parts of the album! “Love Scene” and especially “Would You Mind” are lackluster lyrically and especially vocally! ??

Hell naw! Nothing on "Unbreakable" is seeing "All For You" title track vocally. Hell even on "Come On Get Up" Janet's vocals are on par. Let's not even get into the crisp, clear, and absolutely flawless vocals on "Feels So Right" :wub:

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

That's because nothing on there is near her top 20. If Janet released "Unbreakable" in "AFY" place the album would flop.

56 minutes ago, Black Eagle said:

All For You is full of whispers. She even admitted she had a sinus cold while recording several songs, and you can hear it. She actually sings in full voice on Unbreakable. “Gon Be Alright” alone is vocally better than anything on All For You.

See now you just lied boo. Janet's vocals sound gritty and there's hardly any vibrato while even singing that song. Gon be alright can only vocally compete with Janet's slow songs on AFY

4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

“Truth”?!?? Ha!!! I just can’t with the fan worship over that atrocious mess of a long, drawn out and self-loathing song! You want a lyrical and vocal treasure from “Unbreakable”? “After You All”! Honest, stripper down, powerful despite being so minimal production wise! Take those nostalgia glasses off, they’re effecting your judgement! ??

AYF is filler and is by far one of her worst ballads