Someone To Call Me Lover vs 2 B Loved

Feels So Right vs Take Me Away

Doesn't Really Matter vs Lessons Learned

Better Days vs Black Eagle 

Who vs Well Travelled/Gonna Be Alright

On 10/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, Game For Now said:

GrrrrLLLLLL 

I don’t fuck with JCole BUT I love his verse

I don't care for it. When I listen to the CD, I hit next right when his verse starts and we're on to DM/E. B)

On 10/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, John.... said:

I like the single I bought before the album :)

Same. :shifty:

As a DJ, All For You sounds better on the big club speakers. The tracks integrate with songs out now more than Unbreakable does. Unbreakable is good, but actually hasn't aged as well.

For instance Come On Get Up  mixes well into the pop landscape now of Katy Perry and Selena Gomez more than a say Night. Whether that's a good thing is debatable, but I always enjoy when people ask "Cool, is this a new song?"

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

As a DJ, All For You sounds better on the big club speakers. The tracks integrate with songs out now more than Unbreakable does. Unbreakable is good, but actually hasn't aged as well.

For instance Come On Get Up  mixes well into the pop landscape now of Katy Perry and Selena Gomez more than a say Night. Whether that's a good thing is debatable, but I always enjoy when people ask "Cool, is this a new song?"

I keep saying Unbreakable didn't even sound "current" when it came out so sonically it will not age well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vibeology said:

I keep saying Unbreakable didn't even sound "current" when it came out so sonically it will not age well.

I’m sorry what is so timeless about “All For You” compared to the immaculate treasure that is “Unbreakable”??? I can listen to “Unbreakable” straight through because of how incredibly cohesive it is! ? “All For You” is the one of those Janet albums where I MUST skip a few tracks!!! ?? You’re telling me songs like “Would You Mind” and “Love Scene (Ooh Baby)” are timeless??? ? Yet songs like “Dammn Baby”, “2 B Loved” and especially “Night” have such a strong production that they feel current and trendy but retro and mature??? 

I don’t know Janfam! I give up! F&@$ it! *Vodka bottle is brought closer to my mouth* ??

8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I’m sorry what is so timeless about “All For You” compared to the immaculate treasure that is “Unbreakable”??? I can listen to “Unbreakable” straight through because of how incredibly cohesive it is! ? “All For You” is the one of those Janet albums where I MUST skip a few tracks!!! ?? You’re telling me songs like “Would You Mind” and “Love Scene (Ooh Baby)” are timeless??? ? Yet songs like “Dammn Baby”, “2 B Loved” and especially “Night” have such a strong production that they feel current and trendy but retro and mature??? 

I don’t know Janfam! I give up! F&@$ it! *Vodka bottle is brought closer to my mouth* ??

Whoa there! I didn't say A4U sounds timeless lol or that Unbreakable was a bad/lesser album. I already stated I prefer UB as an album...not sounding current doesn't mean its bad!

Apart from Damn Baby, I don't think any have a traditional/commercial sound of 2015.  2B Loved sounds like it could be on 20YO. Night has a very European vibe... I could imagine Kylie Minogue doing something like this in the late 2000's. As someone from London, its not really "fresh" to me (again im not saying I don't like it).           In saying all this, maybe the album not sounding of that time period is what keeps it sounding "fresh" ?

And I despise Would You Mind.

35 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Whoa there! I didn't say A4U sounds timeless lol or that Unbreakable was a bad/lesser album. I already stated I prefer UB as an album...not sounding current doesn't mean its bad!

Apart from Damn Baby, I don't think any have a traditional/commercial sound of 2015.  2B Loved sounds like it could be on 20YO. Night has a very European vibe... I could imagine Kylie Minogue doing something like this in the late 2000's. As someone from London, its not really "fresh" to me (again im not saying I don't like it).           In saying all this, maybe the album not sounding of that time period is what keeps it sounding "fresh" ?

And I despise Would You Mind.

.....Ohhh....?....my bad....want some vodka??? 

8 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

.....Ohhh....?....my bad....want some vodka??? 

Hell yeah ?

DM/E actually feels kinda fresh to me...I remember it stood out to me when I first played the album. In fact the title stood out to me when we first got the tracklist so I was particularly curious to hear what it sounded like.