All For You vs. Unbreakable

Lenzo88

12 hours ago, Illi said:

I always thought Would You Mind was one of her non-single classics. It seems to be well received outside to fanbase. It seems only the fans really dislike it.

My brother liked watching her perform it....damn heteros :filenails:  I'm like hold up is that my dvd, oh wait I see why never mind  :coffee:

On 10/6/2018 at 7:39 PM, vibeology said:

Whoa there! I didn't say A4U sounds timeless lol or that Unbreakable was a bad/lesser album. I already stated I prefer UB as an album...not sounding current doesn't mean its bad!

Apart from Damn Baby, I don't think any have a traditional/commercial sound of 2015.  2B Loved sounds like it could be on 20YO. Night has a very European vibe... I could imagine Kylie Minogue doing something like this in the late 2000's. As someone from London, its not really "fresh" to me (again im not saying I don't like it).           In saying all this, maybe the album not sounding of that time period is what keeps it sounding "fresh" ?

And I despise Would You Mind.

and that's crazy because it sounds fresh to us here in America. No wonder Madonna's albums sold more internationally than in the US. She was catching trends overseas instead of focusing on making American sounding music.

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, Lenzo88 said:

I’m sorry what is so timeless about “All For You” compared to the immaculate treasure that is “Unbreakable”??? I can listen to “Unbreakable” straight through because of how incredibly cohesive it is! ? “All For You” is the one of those Janet albums where I MUST skip a few tracks!!! ?? You’re telling me songs like “Would You Mind” and “Love Scene (Ooh Baby)” are timeless??? ? Yet songs like “Dammn Baby”, “2 B Loved” and especially “Night” have such a strong production that they feel current and trendy but retro and mature??? 

I don’t know Janfam! I give up! F&@$ it! *Vodka bottle is brought closer to my mouth* ??

Would You Mind and Love Scene fit right in with Miguel and The Weeknd. Then you have When We Ooo that fits in with the whole "tropical" rnb movement.

I don't understand the hype behind Would You Mind. Other than its instrumental, it is such a cringe worthy track along with its performance. It doesn't compare to Janet's other sexual/sensual tracks like Rope Burn, ATAP, Anything, SIT, or FHTF. The lyrics are extremely vulgar and I think that actually makes the song quite boring. It's much better when Janet sets up a scene with her sensual tracks. "I never even got to cum... did you?" is nowhere near as sexy to me as the ending of FHTF with Janet not knowing where the time went and telling someone to stop in between instrumental pauses. Leaving things to the imagination can be so much sexier tbh.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:48 AM, EphraimAdamz said:

Would You Mind and Love Scene fit right in with Miguel and The Weeknd. Then you have When We Ooo that fits in with the whole "tropical" rnb movement.

Is being paired up with The Weeknd a good thing? ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VelvetKnowledge1814 said:

I don't understand the hype behind Would You Mind. Other than its instrumental, it is such a cringe worthy track along with its performance. It doesn't compare to Janet's other sexual/sensual tracks like Rope Burn, ATAP, Anything, SIT, or FHTF. The lyrics are extremely vulgar and I think that actually makes the song quite boring. It's much better when Janet sets up a scene with her sensual tracks. "I never even got to cum... did you?" is nowhere near as sexy to me as the ending of FHTF with Janet not knowing where the time went and telling someone to stop in between instrumental pauses. Leaving things to the imagination can be so much sexier tbh.

Is being paired up with The Weeknd a good thing? ?

I'm just saying it still sounds modern