‘Unbreakable’ Turns 3 Years Old Today

I was in LA at the time and was anticipating the album like crazy!!! Spent the only money I had that week to pre-order it in advance and literally watched all the songs download at midnight! ?

Seriously tho, there is nothing like anticipating a new Janet album! That’s why I hope she releases her 12th studio album soon! “Unbreakable” took a few listens tho for me to truly understand how grand in quality it was! ????

This is the last cd I ever purchased. I remember also buying it off of iTunes and being nervous about listening to it because it had been so long and I was worried about my expectations. I was on a flight to Boston for a vacation (which is ironic considering that’s where I was when I heard Discipline for the first time), and I decided to listen to it. Once I listened to “Night,” it was over. I met up with a fellow JanFam member/former JJ.com forumer and we got to gush about the album. A few weeks later I got to see her live. It was a really good time in my life. 

I played the album a few times today to celebrate.

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've worn this mother out! I wore my first copy out and then bought one for the house and another for the car.

This is the album that shattered my Janet album rankings and things have never been the same again ?

Sept 15 2015 I got to see her for the first time and it was one of the best nights of my life ?

I'm still waiting on my postponed London date ?

• Like 1

Really wish she released more singles last era! “No Sleeep” was actually a pretty lush and well directed video despite me HATING it at first!

”Dammn Baby” was probably the most generic dance video of her career. Great choreography but lackluster visuals of them! “Dammn Baby” didn’t come alive for me until I saw it live on “SOTW1”. 

“Shoulda Known Better” would have been a powerful visual and political statement after the Pulse night club shooting that year. I know she did a lyrical video for it but would have like to have seen a proper video.

Not to mention, “Night” not being a single?!? ?? 

we can all blame Wissam for this short lived comeback era! ??

5 hours ago, Kaleidoscope Eyes said:

Doesn’t change who I am, doesn’t change who I love...

?

I was and remain totally here for TGF  and the rest will either deal or not, I dont curr ? besides its nice to hear a song dedicated to Wendy Williams :wub:  (in my mind)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 1:19 AM, Lenzo88 said:

Really wish she released more singles last era! “No Sleeep” was actually a pretty lush and well directed video despite me HATING it at first!

”Dammn Baby” was probably the most generic dance video of her career. Great choreography but lackluster visuals of them! “Dammn Baby” didn’t come alive for me until I saw it live on “SOTW1”. 

“Shoulda Known Better” would have been a powerful visual and political statement after the Pulse night club shooting that year. I know she did a lyrical video for it but would have like to have seen a proper video.

Not to mention, “Night” not being a single?!? ?? 

we can all blame Wissam for this short lived comeback era! ??

Dammn Baby's choreography was terrible IMO. The video was so underwhelming that I started to dislike the song after having seen it. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.