Is Water Wet?

Aquaria

Is water wet?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is water wet?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, John.... said:

Water isn't wet because it is a liquid that wets things. Once you come into contact with water you become wet. Until then water is liquid and you are dry.

Yes! Wet is the quality of having come into contact with water. Water itself is not wet. ^_^ 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:34 PM, Game For Now said:

When you say “water is wet” 

Water = wet 

“Is” is the same as equal (=) 

Therefore, water is, in fact, wet

faulty logic so by that you could say a kick in the groin is pain

Kick=Pain  

"Is"  is not the same here and therfore "equal" does not apply

For example, a bucket of water is thrown at you, yo ass ducks, and not a single drop hits you, are you wet? I attempt to kick you in the sack, I miss, you are not in pain. However I still kicked, the fact that I did obviously does not equate with pain. Pain, much like wet, is an adjective describing a state of being not necessarily intrinsic to the subject or action at hand. That is to say a kick if it doesnt land, doesnt mean pain, anymore than water means wet because its a liquid.

8 hours ago, John.... said:

faulty logic so by that you could say a kick in the groin is pain

Kick=Pain  

"Is"  is not the same here and therfore "equal" does not apply

For example, a bucket of water is thrown at you, yo ass ducks, and not a single drop hits you, are you wet? I attempt to kick you in the sack, I miss, you are not in pain. However I still kicked, the fact that I did obviously does not equate with pain. Pain, much like wet, is an adjective describing a state of being not necessarily intrinsic to the subject or action at hand. That is to say a kick if it doesnt land, doesnt mean pain, anymore than water means wet because its a liquid.

Kick to the groin does equal pain to the groin based on the momentum of the kick. 0_o yes  wtf

if you missed me, there’s no pain; no wetness to me or you. end of experiment. End of story 

But whatever the water lands on is wet

In mathematics, “is” is the mathematical word for “equal” 

4 IS the sum of 2 plus 2 

8 IS the product of 2 times 4

You threw off your entire logic by missing the kick which literally misses your entire point :blink: 

On 10/4/2018 at 8:30 AM, Game For Now said:

Kick to the groin does equal pain to the groin based on the momentum of the kick. 0_o yes  wtf

if you missed me, there’s no pain; no wetness to me or you. end of experiment. End of story 

But whatever the water lands on is wet

In mathematics, “is” is the mathematical word for “equal” 

4 IS the sum of 2 plus 2 

8 IS the product of 2 times 4

You threw off your entire logic by missing the kick which literally misses your entire point :blink: 

No I still kicked making my point....a kick is just kick, it does not require pain to exist, nor does water or any liquid require a source to be wet in order for it to exist. Water can exist on Mars if a drop of it never reaches or touches another object the term "wet" isn't applied.

5 minutes ago, John.... said:

No I still kicked making my point....a kick is just kick, it does not require pain to exist, nor does water and or any liquid require a source to be wet in order for it to exist. Water can exist on Mars if a drop of it never reaches or touches another object the term "wet" isn't applied.

Nothing you said makes sense

According to Newton’s second law, every reaction has an equal reaction. 

So if you forcibly kick something or someone, the reaction, whatever that may be, is equal to the force you use. 

Pain is physical (or mental) suffering or discomfort.

So yeah, I guess you’re right. Kicking =\= pain but that doesn’t mean water is or is not wet

Water/liquid doesn’t require a source to be wet? It does though. For water to be water it requires two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecule. Without these molecules, water isn’t water and for something to be wet, it has to contain molecules featuring two Hydrogen one Oxygen. Therefore water is wet

Also that Mars example didn’t make sense. Water does exist on mars. Ice is just a solid form of water