Is water wet?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is water wet?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

I’m not sure what logic you’re using but if it’s the gun or kick one, then nah 

Water is wet 

I’m not sure why they locked Bill Cosby up when you could be getting fingered like so many other mysteries we will never know 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Amy said:

That’s like saying is fire hot?

Water is wet, I don’t have to come into contact with it to know it’s wetness. Same as I don’t have to come into contact with fire to know that it is hot. It just is.

It’s like saying if fire is burnt.... 

16 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

It’s not 

‘burnt’ is a result of a hot fire 

NO you can get chemical burns, and therefore burnt which are NOT the result of a hot fire, thus again proving another point of contention that being in a state of "burnt" does not intrinsically require fire :filenails:

25 minutes ago, John.... said:

NO you can get chemical burns, and therefore burnt which are NOT the result of a hot fire, thus again proving another point of contention that being in a state of "burnt" does not intrinsically require fire :filenails:

Cool 

But a fire is always hot 

water is always wet

On 10/8/2018 at 5:34 AM, Amy said:

What about paint? Anything that comes into contact with red paint will also become red but if I don’t come into contact with it it doesn’t mean that it isn’t red.

BUT....a trait that is defining of paint is color, and being that the paint in question is red by definition, the paint will remain red whether it comes into contact with anything or not. Water is not defined by a secondary ability to wet things, being able to moisten things isnt a property that defines what water is in the same way a can of red paint is red by its very nature.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:43 PM, Game For Now said:

Cool 

But a fire is always hot 

water is always wet

universal statements are usually false, try not to make them because when we use words like "always" "never" etc. all it takes is one exception to falsify the entire rule :sigh:

13 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Do you have an except to either rule

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

1 hour ago, John.... said:

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

Also you stole that from Quora. Please quote your sources ?