Any Runners on the Forum

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I used to love running and cross country at school but I can’t run now because I dislocated my kneecap and my physio said to avoid high impact things like running and to only do things where i can keep my leg straight. So I am stuck with my exercise bike and my vibrapower board.

21 minutes ago, Amy said:

I used to love running and cross country at school but I can’t run now because I dislocated my kneecap and my physio said to avoid high impact things like running and to only do things where i can keep my leg straight. So I am stuck with my exercise bike and my vibrapower board.

Actually from what I’ve seen in the medical field high impact sports leave many with bad knees in general I know a lady that kept her body tight running ?‍♀️ but she’s in her 60s now and she has had both knees operated on

3 hours ago, John.... said:

Actually from what I’ve seen in the medical field high impact sports leave many with bad knees in general I know a lady that kept her body tight running ?‍♀️ but she’s in her 60s now and she has had both knees operated on

That’s true but I just have bad knees, I have small kneecaps and they are quite high and don’t sit properly in the groove so there is a high risk of future dislocation if I twist my knees too much (if I were to play tennis say) and anything high impact would just mess things up further.

5 hours ago, Game For Now said:

KAKXHRIDUSBJ Mutha fucker... I quit last Friday and let me tell you!!!!! My attitude is not the business 

You need the patch honey cold turkey with the chicken heads I work with wasn’t gonna cut it I got the patch gum to chew not the nicotine gum that’s gross but I find I just chew a small piece of gum forever oh and I do own a vape 

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

well yeah ? I thought u meant for my regular commuting

Some people bike for excerise. It’s all good either way

7 hours ago, John.... said:

You need the patch honey cold turkey with the chicken heads I work with wasn’t gonna cut it I got the patch gum to chew not the nicotine gum that’s gross but I find I just chew a small piece of gum forever oh and I do own a vape 

Vaping defeats the purpose of quitting smoking and just makes you look like a douche. That’s the withdrawal talking lol

nah.. I’ll pass on the gum or patch. I wasn’t a heavy smoker to begin with 

2 hours ago, Amy said:

My Mum stopped 3 years ago, she used Allen Carr’s audio book.

Stopped running? Or smoking? 

3 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Stopped running? Or smoking? 

? stopped smoking. Allen Carr seems to be the go to guy, he works with a lot of high profile people too. I have never seen my mother run, not even for a bus. She does clubbercise classes which she says are really fun.

1 minute ago, Amy said:

? stopped smoking. Allen Carr seems to be the go to guy, he works with a lot of high profile people too. I have never seen my mother run, not even for a bus. She does clubbercise classes which she says are really fun.

I don’t do weird cult-like groups and following {looks around and smiles}

I’m cold turkeying this. So far so good except when I drink 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, Amy said:

My Mum stopped 3 years ago, she used Allen Carr’s audio book.

I've been seriously into audiobooks lately and I mean deep, mostly medical doctors and or self help. I'd be willing to give that a go, the problem or solution depending how you look at it, is the less I think about smoking the less I want to do it. I actually had a moment last week walking in the parking lot and I smelled cigarette smoke first then saw a woman sitting in her car smoking and I had a moment of "uppity" how disgusting is that, only to check and remind myself I'm less than a month from having quit myself so in short, get over myself. I had another moment today, I went to 7-11 which is right on the corner from my place to buy some water and tea, and right there in front of me were packs and packs of cigarettes, bare in mind 7-11 was the place I spent most monies on buying those cigarettes myself. I had to look away, I could not look at them. So I'm still battling it out, most times Im pretty good I remind myself one slip up and I start all over.

Just now, Game For Now said:

Meh.. I’m 16 days in and feeling good 

I have 5 days until its been a month, and Ive calculated the money I save. A pack costs about 7.50 and I round up to the nearest whole dollar, that's 8 bucks, sadly I was close to a pack a day binge smoking while drinking, not proud of it but honest about it, so over 30 days thats 240 bucks, that is an enormous amount of money, and I started a list of all the things NOT smoking does for me. Direct from one of my writing sessions:

HOW NOT SMOKING IS GOOD:

1.       I save a ton of money, about 240 bucks a month !

2.       My beautiful Jeep doesn’t stink of smoke

3.       I don’t run out to my Jeep to smoke on a hospital campus that prohibits smoking

4.       I don’t stink of smoke myself

5.       My apartment is smoke free

6.       My sense of smell is getting better

7.       I feel like a better person not smoking

8.       No dirty ash trays or ash all over the place, plus the dust it creates

9.       No cigarette burns on anything

10.   The health benefits are phenomenal I breathe so much better

11.   My breathing and clearer lungs give me that respiration that increases sex drive stimulus

12.   I have more energy

13.   My breathe doesn’t stink as bad I guess

14.   I don’t build up as much tarter on my teeth or discolor them

15.   It’s another step towards being a committed healthcare professional that walks the talk

16.   No more kicking the ash tray on the bedroom floor or having to avoid it

17.   I don’t have to dispose of cigarette butts, or try to save an unfinished cig

18.   Chewing gum helps so keep at it

19.   I purchased a vape at about 60 bucks and I’m using it which means utility!

2 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

I have issues with many of those #. 

1. don’t smoke in your home. That’s gross

2. Vaping is the same as smoking 

I have issues with your assessment of vaping. Vaping does give you nicotine, however it certainly isnt as bad for you as cigarettes and I firmly stand by that. Vaping can also help someone trying to quit get through those trigger moments, unless you plan on not drinking too, I assume you smoked more when you drank. As for my home, I would sit on the bed and smoke out the window, I do not have a balcony or patio here, another reason Im looking to move