Was Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" a masterpiece?

Aquaria

Each song on that album is a hit. It is Gaga at the height of her powers. :wub: 

It actually is like a parent to me because it helped raise me as a young gay in NYC. 

So what do you think, is this controversial album a masterpiece? 

KEEP IN MIND: It's my birthday so you SHOULD AGREE WITH ME. :umm:^_^ 

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Born This Way (the album) is a masterpiece but sadly the beginning of the end. 

BTW proved Gaga couldn’t stand the test of time 

She's been around for 10 years and about to win an Oscar but ok. <_< 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Ten years with nothing much to show for as an musician 

Idk about her acting. I definitely passed on this movie and I hope she gets Moonlight’d 

Game, are you fucking me? She is the most respected musician and vocalist of her whole generation. ??‍♂️

I follow "stuff" here and there and when I hear about actors, or artists only certain things come to mind that catch my attention. When I think of Lady Gaga and her music career I am reminded that she recently sold out stadiums. It's on her Wikipedia page where I go for all the info, like attendance, sales, viewership ratings for shows

so let's do a really quick analysis because Im not that into her -_-

okay here's her Wikipedia page pic 330px-Lady_Gaga_JWT_Montreal_BM,_2017-11

very cute, not too much, again it has showmanship to it while also reminding us she's very talented she puts on a spectacle, I see you Gaga -_-

2016 estimated net worth $275 Million....not bad at all for a chick thats been in the game for about a decade when we talk about actual influencer, not up and coming.

I'm not going to post a bunch of numbers here, but the Joanne Tour pretty much sold out every show and I will post only one date from Wikipedia

In NYC she played two dates in August of 2017, bitch made 9.5 million in two days -_-

New York City         Citi Field            attendance    69,978 / 69,978       Gross 

$9,520,390

4 hours ago, Aquaria said:

Game, are you fucking me? She is the most respected musician and vocalist of her whole generation. ??‍♂️

Her whole generation is... Ariana Grande & Adele? :unsure: 

Shes a great touring act and her acting is said to be “Oscar worthy” but her music has been trash post-BTW era

“The Fame Monster” feels more iconic and legendary to me with “Bad Romance”, “Telephone”, “Paparazzi” and “Poker Face” being just being so inescapable during the late 2000s/early 2010s!!! ??

”Born This Way” may have solidified her artistry but the hit after hit maker “The Fame Monster” just felt bigger!!! ?

Sooo after doing some research.. she won five of her six Grammy’s before BTW :lmao: (aka her best album)

THAT MEANS she didn’t win any Grammys for BTW, ArtFlop, & dead aunt. (her sixth Grammy was from Cheek 2 Grave with that old man)  

Sooooo again.. ten years with nothing much to show for (not to diminish her touring power or acting) 

Look, I actually don’t care for some of Gaga’s ALBUMS, to be perfectly honest (including The Fame).  I think they can be a bit lazy and a little “throw everything at ‘em but the kitchen sink”  in their production choices.  But her versatility as an artist and vocalist is what makes her incredibly relevant in today’s landscape.  In 10 years she’s won Grammys for pop (nominated for Born this way too),  won a Grammy for an entire jazz album with freakin Tony Bennet and went out on a sold out tour with him, won a Golden Globe for acting, performed a flawless tribute to The Sound of Music on the Oscars, which was praised by Julie Andrews herself, made a semi-country tinged album, which was a 180 turn from her pop roots, and now is in contention for an Oscar for acting just a year or two removed from having an Oscar nominating original song   

That versatility is just not common.  

• Upvote 1